Lucic-RNH-Nylander
Khaira-Strome-Bjustad
Cagguila-Brodziak-Chiasson
Kassian

Nurse-Ekblad
Russell-Bouchard
Dermott-Bear
Garrisson

Florida has had a rough start as well, and Nylander is sitting out. Puljujarvi and Yamamoto to the AHL

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Two trade ideas:

Draisaitl+Klefbom for Ekblad+Bjustad

Larsson for Nylander(Resigned 5 years 6.5M)+Dermott

Rieder-Mcdavid-Rattie
Lucic-RNH-Nylander
Khaira-Strome-Bjustad
Kassian

Nurse-Ekblad
Russell-Bouchard
Dermott-Bear
Garrisson

Florida has had a rough start as well, and Nylander is sitting out. Puljujarvi and Yamamoto to the AHL
Florida says no. They have Barkov and Trocheck, they have no need for Draisaitl, especially at the cost of Ekblad.

We would have to add to Larsson to get Nylander, let alone them adding. Just cause we had to pay Hall for Larsson, doesn't mean Larsson actually has that value.

Reactions: oilWILDcountry

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Florida says no. They have Barkov and Trocheck, they have no need for Draisaitl, especially at the cost of Ekblad.

We would have to add to Larsson to get Nylander, let alone them adding. Just cause we had to pay Hall for Larsson, doesn't mean Larsson actually has that value.

I just look at that Florida roster and think of having Barkov and Draisaitl as the top two centers. Move Trocheck back over to wing. I mean this looks pretty damn good for a top 6. Maybe we send Larsson with Draisaitl, and send Klefbom to Toronto instead. Florida lineup

Dadonov-Barkov-Hoffman
Huberdeau-Draisaitl-Trocheck

Then their top 4 dmen are:

Matheson-Pysyk
Yandle-Larsson

Does Klefbom for Nylander work straight up? I think it should.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Nolan Patrick and Ivan Provorov have had a pretty brutal start, maybe there's your blockbuster shakeup.

Yea no way Philly is moving Provorov right now. Ekblad hasnt produced as well as Florida had hoped given his 7.5M contract IMO. Similar situation as Draisaitl.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I just look at that Florida roster and think of having Barkov and Draisaitl as the top two centers. Move Trocheck back over to wing. I mean this looks pretty damn good for a top 6. Maybe we send Larsson with Draisaitl, and send Klefbom to Toronto instead. Florida lineup

Dadonov-Barkov-Hoffman
Huberdeau-Draisaitl-Trocheck

Then their top 4 dmen are:

Matheson-Pysyk
Yandle-Larsson

Does Klefbom for Nylander work straight up? I think it should.
What? You butcher their defense. To improve their offense.

And why would Klefbom for Nylander work? Klefbom is an oft injured defensemen who hasn't played good for over a year. Nylander is worth more than that

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
What? You butcher their defense. To improve their offense.

And why would Klefbom for Nylander work? Klefbom is an oft injured defensemen who hasn't played good for over a year. Nylander is worth more than that

Nylander isnt signed and could be offersheeted is why Toronto moves him. Offer sheet of 6.5M over 5 years costs us a 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

And it's hardly butchering their defence. Ekblad is #3 for TOI. Matheson and Yandle both play more IIRC. I just look at it like they'd basically get two top lines with that deal. Then next summer theres a few pretty good RHD who need to be resigned. Florida is a nice destination for a lot of players so I dont see them having a huge issue landing another good dman if they wanted. I think youre honestly underrating Pysyk and Matheson though.

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Nylander isnt signed and could be offersheeted is why Toronto moves him. Offer sheet of 6.5M over 5 years costs us a 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
I don't think there is more than 2 teams that could offer sheet Nylander right now cap wise...there is no fear of that

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I don't think there is more than 2 teams that could offer sheet Nylander right now cap wise...there is no fear of that

Well we could with our LTIR... If I was Chia Id be calling to see what they want for him and whether he's willing to sign to play with Mcdavid.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Well we could with our LTIR... If I was Chia Id be calling to see what they want for him and whether he's willing to sign to play with Mcdavid.
We don't have 6.5 mill of capspace though. We would have to trade a player just to offersheet and even then Nylander might say "f*** that train wreck"

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
We don't have 6.5 mill of capspace though. We would have to trade a player just to offersheet and even then Nylander might say "**** that train wreck"

Send Benning down and we do... or Kassian. Not hard to pick up another million of capspace if we want it. Id prefer just to make a trade though.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Send Benning down and we do... or Kassian. Not hard to pick up another million of capspace if we want it. Id prefer just to make a trade though.
We don't have a defender of the caliber to land Nylander. Although Toronto would love Bouchard

space321

May 11, 2011
Two trade ideas:

Rieder-Mcdavid-Rattie
Lucic-RNH-Nylander
Khaira-Strome-Bjustad
Kassian

Nurse-Ekblad
Russell-Bouchard
Dermott-Bear
Garrisson

When did Chiarelli become the GM of the leafs lol?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
As I said they trade him or we offersheet him.
You do realize that the player would have to sign the offersheet right? Why would Nylander want to come here? Toronto he plays with Matthews in a winning environment. Sure here he gets to play with McDavid but on a trash team.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
You do realize that the player would have to sign the offersheet right? Why would Nylander want to come here? Toronto he plays with Matthews in a winning environment. Sure here he gets to play with McDavid but on a trash team.

Wont be trash if we get another scoring winger, and Bouchard develops.

PulYou

Feb 16, 2018
Two trade ideas:

Rieder-Mcdavid-Rattie
Lucic-RNH-Nylander
Khaira-Strome-Bjustad
Kassian

Nurse-Ekblad
Russell-Bouchard
Dermott-Bear
Garrisson

Have to wonder how tradable Draisaitl is at the moment with his 8,5 mil salary?

And this is not me saying I don't appreciate his talent...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad