Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Painted Yourself into a Corner Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

oil85

Mar 12, 2017
Have to wonder how tradable Draisaitl is at the moment with his 8,5 mil salary?

And this is not me saying I don't appreciate his talent...

I don't think a team even like Montreal would want him at $8.5m without poor return or retaining $1-2m

Reactions: lakai17

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yes lets deal Draisaitl. Because this team has two players actually capable of making offensive plays and we now should be trading away one of them. Wasn't bad enough to trade away Hall for the mediocrity that is Larsson.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Have to wonder how tradable Draisaitl is at the moment with his 8,5 mil salary?

And this is not me saying I don't appreciate his talent...

You trade him and don't bring back an elite offensive player and I think McDavid is done.

They traded Hall and he saw full well Taylor win the Hart trophy. You trade Draisaitl now and you try to spin that "yeah but cap space!" bull shit and I think Connor is done. He will ask for a trade out soon there after.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
You trade him and don't bring back an elite offensive player and I think McDavid is done.

They traded Hall and he saw full well Taylor win the Hart trophy. You trade Draisaitl now and you try to spin that "yeah but cap space!" bull **** and I think Connor is done. He will ask for a trade out soon there after.

I'd only move Draisaitl for a very good dman. With the idea of trading one of our dman for a scoring forward. I'm still on the fence about a Draisaitl+Larsson for Ekblad+Bjustad deal. I liked Klefbom in that spot better as I think Larssons the more valuable dman.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'd only move Draisaitl for a very good dman. With the idea of trading one of our dman for a scoring forward. I'm still on the fence about a Draisaitl+Larsson for Ekblad+Bjustad deal. I liked Klefbom in that spot better as I think Larssons the more valuable dman.

At what point have you completely gutted your forward corps for "more D", though this franchise passed on Barzal, gave away Hall, and now will give away Draisaitl in the name of "improving the D" while also spending the two top 10 picks on D?

Laughable asset management, IMO if Leon is moved like that, Connor will not want to stay much longer.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

They traded Hall and he saw full well Taylor win the Hart trophy. You trade Draisaitl now and you try to spin that "yeah but cap space!" bull **** and I think Connor is done. He will ask for a trade out soon there after.

To be honest, McDavid is likely asking for a trade at the end of the season anyhow. At least floating the idea of one through his agent if things don't improve drastically next year. McDavid asking for a trade will be the cherry on top of the unmitigated disaster of an organization this team has been for the last 12 years.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Nurse for Nylander

Puljujarvi + Sekera
for
Faulk

Fire Chia. Fire Todd. Dump Strome to Arizona at year end to free up a further $3 mill in cap.

Play a fun brand of hockey, if you lose games, so be it, but no more boring ass hockey.

RNH McDavid Rattie
Lucic Draisaitl Nylander
Reider Strome Caggiula
Khaira Brodziak Kassian

Klefbom Larsson
Russell Faulk
Garrison Bear
Gravel

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
At what point have you completely gutted your forward corps for "more D", though this franchise passed on Barzal, gave away Hall, and now will give away Draisaitl in the name of "improving the D" while also spending the two top 10 picks on D?

Laughable asset management, IMO if Leon is moved like that, Connor will not want to stay much longer.

It's actually the opposite though if you trade Larsson or Klefbom for a 65point center/winger and add Bjustad. We'd be getting 2 forwards and a dman in return for 2 dmen and a forward.
Lineup in theory:

RNH-Mcdavid-Rattie
Lucic-Nylander-Bjustad
Rieder-Strome-Puljujarvi
Cagguila-Khaira-Yamamoto
Chiasson, Brodziak

Nurse-Ekblad
Russell-Bouchard
Garrison-Bear
Benning/Gravel

Waive Kassian and Benning if their play doesn't improve.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I think our best bet is to load up our 2nd line. Send Yamamoto down to the AHL. Send Bouchard back to Jr. Keep Mcdavid and Rattie together and let Mcdavid pick whoever he wants for his LW.

Lucic-Mcdavid-Rattie
RNH-Draisaitl-JP
Khaira-Strome-Rieder
Chiasson-Brodziak-Kassian

Nurse-Larsson
Klefbom-Russel
Garrison-Bear

Of course none of this solves our systems, PP or PK setup but it gives the team a fresh look.

Reactions: OilDrop37

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The way things are going with recent management history in Buffalo and Edmonton, I wouldn't be surprised if the following happened:

1. Bouchard for Dahlin
2. Bouchard busts in Buffalo, gets traded for Nylander. Bouchard goes on to become a HOF defender in Toronto, Nylander flames out as a 40 point second liner in Buffalo.
3. Dahlin busts in Edmonton, gets traded for Boeser + Juolevi. Boeser pulls a Lupul and never amounts to anything here, Juolevi pulls a Smid and becomes an "underrated top 4 defender." Meanwhile Dahlin goes onto to become a Top 10 defender in NHL history in Vancouver.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I think our best bet is to load up our 2nd line. Send Yamamoto down to the AHL. Send Bouchard back to Jr. Keep Mcdavid and Rattie together and let Mcdavid pick whoever he wants for his LW.

Lucic-Mcdavid-Rattie
RNH-Draisaitl-JP
Khaira-Strome-Rieder

Nurse-Larsson
Klefbom-Russel
Garrison-Bear

Of course none of this solves our systems, PP or PK setup but it gives the team a fresh look.

Are you implying something by not even mentioning talbot.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005

Lucic-Mcdavid-Rattie
RNH-Draisaitl-JP
Khaira-Strome-Rieder

Nurse-Larsson
Klefbom-Russel
Garrison-Bear

I'm still not sold on Rattie..despite the pre-season. JP needs an opportunity on an offensive line. Khaira looks better at C than Strome, Caggs deserves another shot or two after last night's effort... LD needs McD..

Rieder-McDavid-Draisaitl
Lucic-RNH-Puljujarvi
Strome-Khaira-Rattie
Caggs-Brodziak-Kassian/Chiasson
Yama

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Nurse for Nylander

Puljujarvi + Sekera
for
Faulk

Fire Chia. Fire Todd. Dump Strome to Arizona at year end to free up a further $3 mill in cap.

Play a fun brand of hockey, if you lose games, so be it, but no more boring ass hockey.

RNH McDavid Rattie
Lucic Draisaitl Nylander
Reider Strome Caggiula
Khaira Brodziak Kassian

Klefbom Larsson
Russell Faulk
Garrison Bear
Gravel
I don't like that defense. Russell and Faulk on the second pairing spells disaster. And I like both guys, but they need to be no higher than 4th on the depth chart. Unless Klef and Larsson are playing 25-28 minutes a night.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
As for trading LD. Anyone look at the faceoffs yesterday. There would be no point even lining up, just give the other team the puck at the blueline

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
We need to do everything we can to land Nylander IMO. He's exactly the type of player we need to play with Draisaitl. Im not sold on Rattie with Mcdavid, so Yamamoto could be bumped up. I dont know what Toronto would want but would this get us close?

To Tor: Puljujarvi, Benning, Sekera, 1st

To Edm: Nylander, Dermott

Lineup:

RNH-Mcdavid-Rattie
Lucic-Draisaitl-Nylander
Cagguila-Khaira-Yamamoto
Rieder-Strome-Kassian
Chiasson, Brodziak

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Dermott-Bouchard/Bear
Garrison

That's absolutely horrendous for the Leafs.
Not only do they downgrade significantly at forward but they also downgrade significantly on defense and add a horrible contract.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Do you guys make this trade?

Sekera + Pulju + 1st (top 10 protected) + Jones + Caggiula

For

Drouin + Scherbak
Nope, Sekera doesn't have that type of negative value.

Even if you argued Drouin for Puljujarvi and a 1st, Sekera, Jones and Caggiula is too much for Scherbak.

Maybe if they were taking Lucic instead.

rambo97

Jan 2, 2018
I want more 1st round picks/prospects.This team lacks talent. Lacks good, cheap ELC players. Just lacks so much. No trade is making this team a cup contender anytime soon.

Trade the dead end pieces on the team. Move out the bad contracts. Accumulate prospects to build a cup winner around McDavid.

Move Talbot to team needing a goalie (Stl or a team that suffers an injury). I’d add to Talbot and try to get Kyrou

Somehow trade Lucic, Sekera, and Russell.

Try to find a stud goalie through trade or try to sign someone like Bobrovsky in the offseason.

Fk just so down on this team. Can’t believe how screwed up this team is.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Good news, Ceci just went on IR for the Sens, so there's a place to send Benning.

To OTT: Benning and 4th round pick

To EDM: 3rd round pick(2020) & 5th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad