Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | OEL or Bust!

Would You Trade Oscar Klefbom, Kris Russell and the 2021 1st Round Pick For OEL?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Bob Nicks doesn’t know anything. He’s the entertainment side of the team. I’ll take Friedman and stauffers word over his

Err... you do know that Holland reports to Nicholson on the OEG organizational chart. Nicholson may not influence hockey operation decisions (??) but he has a direct reporting line to Ken Holland regarding strategy, budget and frankly all decision making. Friedman makes his living tracking down and qualifying the tsunami of hockey rumours that get spitballed daily by hockey operation teams and agents who like to tease out information to help them chase money or opportunity for their clients which in turn line their pockets. Stauffer is part of the propaganda arm of a professional hockey team. He moonlights with a team friendly show on the rights holder network that helps drive impressions, engagement and money within a monopoly sports market lacking any real competition for sports entertainment.

Holland's boss knows all.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think last year was fine outside of the Sekera buyout, but I'm thinking along the same lines as you for the next 3 years. I just hope we can get some value contracts from the guys we've developed internally.
What was wrong with the Sekera buyout?

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Err... you do know that Holland reports to Nicholson on the OEG organizational chart. Nicholson may not influence hockey operation decisions (??) but he has a direct reporting line to Ken Holland regarding strategy, budget and frankly all decision making. Friedman makes his living tracking down and qualifying the tsunami of hockey rumours that get spitballed daily by hockey operation teams and agents who like to tease out information to help them chase money or opportunity for their clients which in turn line their pockets. Stauffer is part of the propaganda arm of a professional hockey team. He moonlights with a team friendly show on the rights holder network that helps drive impressions, engagement and money within a monopoly sports market lacking any real competition for sports entertainment.

Holland's boss knows all.
I really don’t care. I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t tell Holland’s plan on the radio. He pretty much be telling the whole league that we’re not going to do squat to fix the problems we have.

I won’t and don’t believe a single world Burger is saying. Mediterranean Pizza > Burger

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
I still want to give Vladdy Hockey another crack. I loved that little guy.

Had a solid year in the K last year. 42 points in 55 games.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
W
I still want to give Vladdy Hockey another crack. I loved that little guy.

Had a solid year in the K last year. 42 points in 55 games.

Lol what is it with Oiler fans and bringing back players from before that had no success? Don't you think other teams would've tried for him if he was so good?

Reactions: backhandsauce

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I really don’t care. I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t tell Holland’s plan on the radio. He pretty much be telling the whole league that we’re not going to do squat to fix the problems we have.

I won’t and don’t believe a single world Burger is saying. Mediterranean Pizza > Burger

Of course he's not going to tell you his employee's plan over the air. And I'm pretty sure with the volatility in a Covid Cap world there will be massive different scenarios involved with the cash crunch affecting owner bottom line's outside hockey. But make no mistake Nicholson and Holland are aligned with setting the organization's direction one which has been preaching continuity and patience over the rash decision making that's kept this organization rebuilding for over a decade.

Fill your boot's with the Mediterranean Chicken. It's way more fun to speculate on all the amazing get rich quick schemes available to fix the Chiarelli et all eras of incompetence!

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
I wonder how many first round picks could go to Seattle next year for them to take bad contracts. It would be hilarious if they drafted the entire first round.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Sekera has been looking pretty good for Dallas during these playoffs. I'd take him over Russell any day. I thought they should have waited a year before deciding to buy him out.
How would we have done that? The team had an overage with his buyout. Without the team would've had absolutely no cap flexibility.

Not to mention that Sekera was two years removed from any kind of consistent health. Russell has been a stable defenseman throughout his time here.

What Sekera's doing in Dallas means nothing. Where was the Heiskanen here for him to play with in the regular season?

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
It should have been the Russell buyout
A Russell buyout would have resulted in 3.5 mill dead cap space this offseason compared to his 4 mill cap hit, making things even tighter than they already are. Sekera is 2.5 dead cap space compared to his 5.5 cap hit. 500k savings vs 3 mill savings. If you want to argue about who should have been bought out, you could say Gagner as it would have been almost the same savings as the Sekera buyout, but we never would have had the room for Bear to break in this year and Sekera was a huge question mark going into the season. Add in that the rumour was we were going to sign Nyquist, and I get why the buyout happened the way it did.

Reactions: belair

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I have doubts OEL would waive for Canada, he just built a huge new home in Phoenix and says he loves the weather there and the privacy he has there of not being recognized was a major reason for him signing long term there.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Well, this doesnt really look to good for next season. Everything Holland opened up, and worked for capspace, is thrown out of the window with the horrific AA trade. Not the player maybe itself, but the cost and value ratio, and most; The cost! Now Oilers doesnt have 2nd rounder two years in a row! And not a 3rd rounder this year. What a horrific trade by Holland. Now he doesnt have any leverage for any trade prospals. Holland has now dug himself into a very deep dark hole. Hes only hope is that his prospects is developing nicely and becoming regular NHLers. Really, Holland has put himself in Chiarellis chair...

Not. Good.
What to do? Try to sign Mikko Koivu and Eric Haula, two finnish veterans. Maybe that can help Puljujärvi coming back, because I dont think Edmonton will get back any value here from him. If they get back one of the 2nd rounders from Jesse, they should flip him imidieatly.
Offersheet DeBrusk as a winger to McDavid. Trade two of Russel, Neal or Chiasson. Neal and Chiasson are duplicated playerws on this team.anD While Russel is a useful player still, he as to much cap! Two of those players should go. Russell keeps the 3rd defendpair steady, so I want to keep him.

Cap.wise, there are argument to send away Neal and Russell, and keep Chiasson. Keeping Neal? He only does score garbage goals just in front of the crease nowaday dont skate to good,a nd have a large cap to boot. Trade with a team that want to getrid of a player with a bad contract, but do some significant cap win here, - Holland this is your field! Do it!

So;

DeBrusk McDavid Nuge
Ennis/Benson/Khaira/any UFA sign that is a cheap eurofind Draisaitl Yamamoto
Haula Koivu AA/JP (depends on who is ready)
Nygård Crack The Arch

Khaira
Haas

Nurse Bear
Klefbom Larsson (until Bouchard is ready, then trade Russell, Benning or Larsson)
Russell Benning

Jones

Reactions: moropanov

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Well, this doesnt really look to good for next season. Everything Holland opened up, and worked for capspace, is thrown out of the window with the horrific AA trade. Not the player maybe itself, but the cost and value ratio, and most; The cost! Now Oilers doesnt have 2nd rounder two years in a row! And not a 3rd rounder this year. What a horrific trade by Holland. Now he doesnt have any leverage for any trade prospals. Holland has now dug himself into a very deep dark hole. Hes only hope is that his prospects is developing nicely and becoming regular NHLers. Really, Holland has put himself in Chiarellis chair...

Not. Good.
What to do? Try to sign Mikko Koivu and Eric Haula, two finnish veterans. Maybe that can help Puljujärvi coming back, because I dont think Edmonton will get back any value here from him. If they get back one of the 2nd rounders from Jesse, they should flip him imidieatly.
Offersheet DeBrusk as a winger to McDavid. Trade two of Russel, Neal or Chiasson. Neal and Chiasson are duplicated playerws on this team.anD While Russel is a useful player still, he as to much cap! Two of those players should go. Russell keeps the 3rd defendpair steady, so I want to keep him.

Cap.wise, there are argument to send away Neal and Russell, and keep Chiasson. Keeping Neal? He only does score garbage goals just in front of the crease nowaday dont skate to good,a nd have a large cap to boot. Trade with a team that want to getrid of a player with a bad contract, but do some significant cap win here, - Holland this is your field! Do it!

So;

DeBrusk McDavid Nuge
Nygård Crack The Arch

Khaira
Haas

Nurse Bear
Klefbom Larsson (until Bouchard is ready, then trade Russell, Benning or Larsson)
Russell Benning

Jones

AA scores at about the same rate as DeBrusk.

Also enough with the trying to get a babysitter for Puljujarvi, he's not a 18 year old rookie anymore.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.

Not. Good.

So;

DeBrusk McDavid Nuge
Nygård Crack The Arch

Khaira
Haas

Nurse Bear
Russell Benning

Jones

They can keep the 3rd rounder this year and defer it to next year if they want. Also, it's bs the NHL is making them cough up the 3rd when conditions were not met, but that's a whole other issue.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I have doubts OEL would waive for Canada, he just built a huge new home in Phoenix and says he loves the weather there and the privacy he has there of not being recognized was a major reason for him signing long term there.

Dude all you are is pessimistic.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Dude all you are is pessimistic.

His own words, not mine.

Who really cares that much, he'd be a nice to have but it's not like he's some savior. He's be an offensive upgrade on Klefbom ... for double the price.

We had a good season last year, we don't need a home run trade.

Oilers should focus on getting a good player with their 1st round pick and easing Bouchard into the lineup.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
I wonder if Pietrangelo's plan has always been to sign with Toronto. STL signing Faulk long term seems to hint that they knew there would be little chance to keep him. Are there pictures of him in TML pajamas?

Even still, that wouldn't stop me from pitching to him. If he doesn't sign here at least it forces Toronto to pay market price.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
14 overall + Russel for Rakell

Right shot, left wing, sniper signed for 2 years under 4m. Would be a perfect fit on Mcdavid's lw, and can play the ovi spot on the pp.

Reactions: OnTheBrink
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad