Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | OEL or Bust!

Would You Trade Oscar Klefbom, Kris Russell and the 2021 1st Round Pick For OEL?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I think it's more accurate to say "OEL or alright that's fine by me what else you got?"

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
@Bryanbryoil

Could you add a poll to the thread asking whether you'd trade Klefbom + Russell + 2021 1st for OEL? That's the deal that Stauffer was speculating about and I'm curious what the consensus here is.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
f***ing around with armchair-gm.

iaOJZU4.png

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
@Bryanbryoil

Could you add a poll to the thread asking whether you'd trade Klefbom + Russell + 2021 1st for OEL? That's the deal that Stauffer was speculating about and I'm curious what the consensus here is.

To clarify:

A listener texted that offer, Bob said "The Oilers could get in on Ekman-Larsson, my belief is they (Coyotes) are going to be a team that doesn't want to take money on, they don't want real dollars but they'll take cap, wink wink nudge nudge. You may see a scenario where they definitely want picks and prospects"

He did say wink wink nudge nudge verbally.

This hint is a direct reference for Kris Russell being included in the deal, who carries a 4M cap hit but only is paid 2.5M in salary this season, along with picks and prospects. Might mean Klefbom isn't necessary in the deal.

Something like Kris Russell, EDM 2020 or 2021 1st, prospect or two

What this could mean in theory is it may open up Klefbom or Nurse as part of a separate trade.

Last edited:

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
To clarify:

A listener texted that offer, Bob said "The Oilers could get in on Ekman-Larsson, my belief is they (Coyotes) are going to be a team that doesn't want to take money on, they don't want real dollars but they'll take cap, wink wink nudge nudge. You may see a scenario where they definitely want picks and prospects"

He did say wink wink nudge nudge verbally.

This hint is a direct reference for Kris Russell being included in the deal, who carries a 4M cap hit but only is paid 2.5M in salary this season, along with picks and prospects. Might mean Klefbom isn't necessary in the deal.

Something like Kris Russell, EDM 2020 or 2021 1st, prospect or two

What this could mean in theory is it may open up Klefbom or Nurse as part of a separate trade.
Acquiring OEL with just Russell and futures would be ideal.

Although didn't Stauffer ask someone right at the start of the segment whether they would trade Klef + Russell + 2021 first for OEL? I think it was Brian Lawton he asked.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Trade Russell, AA's rights, Chiasson for a pick or really any return where they don't take cap back.

Sign Hall 7x7 and have an actual top 6 for the first time in a long time.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Acquiring OEL with just Russell and futures would be ideal.

Although didn't Stauffer ask someone right at the start of the segment whether they would trade Klef + Russell + 2021 first for OEL? I think it was Brian Lawton he asked.

He asked Staples + Lawton each about OEL, but not that package.

BUT

He did suggest OEL would be paired with Larsson due to World Championship chemistry, and said "that would leave Nurse 2nd pair" - a hint Klefbom is not in the plans if they land OEL.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
f***ing around with armchair-gm.

iaOJZU4.png
Great looking line-up, a few question marks that are a bit iffy, you'll need some good depth players at camp to make sure all the young guys earn their spots.

Haula is arguably the best center available through free agency this off-season, I'm pretty sure he can get $1M more even in the flat cap world. Seems like we got off a little light on the Parayko trade price & I'm not entirely sure BOS would be interested in Larsson.

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

ManicTouch

Nov 30, 2015
Great looking line-up, a few question marks that are a bit iffy, you'll need some good depth players at camp to make sure all the young guys earn their spots.

Haula is arguably the best center available through free agency this off-season, I'm pretty sure he can get $1M more even in the flat cap world. Seems like we got off a little light on the Parayko trade price & I'm not entirely sure BOS would be interested in Larsson.

Also there's no way we're getting Parayko for Broberg and a 1st.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I think Stauffer pumping up Nurse is a intentional misdirection, so that if/when Holland does eventually “give in” and include Nurse in the deal, it’ll look like a big win to Arizona’s management.

I could see Russell, JP, 1st though.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I think Stauffer pumping up Nurse is a intentional misdirection, so that if/when Holland does eventually “give in” and include Nurse in the deal, it’ll look like a big win to Arizona’s management.

I don't think Stauffer is that smart. Last year people thought he was hyping up Broberg to create a smokescreen, turns out he's just a shill.

Reactions: B33K33PING

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
I would be down to include Nurse, Klefbom or our 1st to bring back a legit 1D but Broberg and Bouchard are untouchable. I'm not going to be able to watch them turn into amazing players for another team. In a post season ruled by Hieskinen, Hughes and Makar you want to trade your kids away when they are so close to being able to prove themselves? Nevermind that you'd be trading them for a player who isn't expansion draft exempt.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Kyle Clifford's wife is from Edmonton. Her and their children were staying in Edmonton with her family while Kyle was in the bubble.

Maybe he will a take a cheap deal to play on the 4th line?

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Kyle Clifford's wife is from Edmonton. Her and their children were staying in Edmonton with her family while Kyle was in the bubble.

Maybe he will a take a cheap deal to play on the 4th line?

Definitely a solid option if he's willing to sign a cheap deal.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton

I think a lot of people over analyze what Stauffer says on his radio show. Usually if he actually has a lead he’s tweeting it, and do people forget he has multiple hours a day to talk hockey? Majority of what he says has literally zero indications what the team thinks or is looking into, it’s the same as you or I just talking nonsense on this thread

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I think a lot of people over analyze what Stauffer says on his radio show. Usually if he actually has a lead he’s tweeting it, and do people forget he has multiple hours a day to talk hockey? Majority of what he says has literally zero indications what the team thinks or is looking into, it’s the same as you or I just talking nonsense on this thread
He did tweet out stats about Nurse recently.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

Or he’s hyping him up to lessen the backlash when Klefbom is the one who is moved.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Or he’s hyping him up to lessen the backlash when Klefbom is the one who is moved.

I doubt Klef is moved. The organization values his ability to play in all situations and his ability to play a lot of minutes. I’d be shocked.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I doubt Klef is moved. The organization values his ability to play in all situations and his ability to play a lot of minutes. I’d be shocked.

If one of them is moved, I think the writing is on the wall.

Holland pretty much shoehorns Nurse into every interview he does. He loves the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad