Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | OEL or Bust!

Would You Trade Oscar Klefbom, Kris Russell and the 2021 1st Round Pick For OEL?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sportsfan944804

Aug 7, 2020
Kurt Leavins team:

Trades:

To EDM: Oliver Ekman-Larsson ($1.5M retained)
To ARI: Kris Russell, 1st round pick (EDM), and Dmitri Samorukov

Have you looked at this proposal? Keep in mind, for us to rid ourselves of Russell's salary to any team, would cost us similarly what it cost Toronto to unload Marleau (a 1st round pick).

I know that us fans enjoy coming up with ludicrous trade proposals to feel good, and dream or whatever, and this is especially done towards other fanbases who don't have enough fans to defend themselves...but good lord man. You really think we are going to get OEL for Samorukov? AND they're going to retain 1.5 mil? What clown world are you operating in? Or which clown world is Kurt Leavins operating in?

Obvious click bait for poor Oilers fans waiting around for something to happen. Grasping at any morsel of information or hope that we will finally acquire the fabled #1 defenceman missing since 2006. Well, imagine all we had to do this whole time was trade some random prospect who will be lucky to crack an NHL roster and a cap dump? LOL? For a #1 defenceman.

Yea, you guys really need to reconsider what is going on here. If OEL does get traded, it is for a package involving one of our young roster defenceman (Nurse/Bear/Jones), at least a 1st round pick...and if we want to rid ourselves of Russell, we are adding more. Puljujarvi perhaps.

I swear, sometimes I read through these threads and am basically praying that half of you are trolling at this point.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Have you looked at this proposal? Keep in mind, for us to rid ourselves of Russell's salary to any team, would cost us similarly what it cost Toronto to unload Marleau (a 1st round pick).

I know that us fans enjoy coming up with ludicrous trade proposals to feel good, and dream or whatever, and this is especially done towards other fanbases who don't have enough fans to defend themselves...but good lord man. You really think we are going to get OEL for Samorukov? AND they're going to retain 1.5 mil? What clown world are you operating in? Or which clown world is Kurt Leavins operating in?

Obvious click bait for poor Oilers fans waiting around for something to happen. Grasping at any morsel of information or hope that we will finally acquire the fabled #1 defenceman missing since 2006. Well, imagine all we had to do this whole time was trade some random prospect who will be lucky to crack an NHL roster and a cap dump? LOL? For a #1 defenceman.

Yea, you guys really need to reconsider what is going on here. If OEL does get traded, it is for a package involving one of our young roster defenceman (Nurse/Bear/Jones), at least a 1st round pick...and if we want to rid ourselves of Russell, we are adding more. Puljujarvi perhaps.

I swear, sometimes I read through these threads and am basically praying that half of you are trolling at this point.
You’d be the one closer to trolling if you seriously think Russel will cost a 1st to dump. He makes 4m against the cap but is only owed 1.5m in real dollars. He’s a solid bottom pairing guy that can be a good add to a team that doesn’t want to spend actual dollars but needs the type of player he is. Russel is borderline positive value and would probably return a guy like Mike Rielly from Ottawa in a 1 for 1. Far from a negative value asset to the tune of a 1st rounder lmaooo.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I like how some people want to blow this team up after a 4 game series that We outplayed and out scored Chicago if you take out the 1st period of game 1. Take away the multiple own goals by Russell and Bear and it’s a different series.

The team also wasn’t playing with any heart or intensity. Blame it on the long layoff or no fans in the crowd but that’s what I found to be more unacceptable compared to any line combos and lineup decisions. If the version of this team that played Calgary showed up then we’d be looking at a 3 game sweep.

Reactions: Aerchon

sportsfan944804

Aug 7, 2020
You’d be the one closer to trolling if you seriously think Russel will cost a 1st to dump. He makes 4m against the cap but is only owed 1.5m in real dollars. He’s a solid bottom pairing guy that can be a good add to a team that doesn’t want to spend actual dollars but needs the type of player he is. Russel is borderline positive value and would probably return a guy like Mike Rielly from Ottawa in a 1 for 1. Far from a negative value asset to the tune of a 1st rounder lmaooo.
Kris Russell on a 4m cap hit is going to return for us in a 1 for 1 trade a near 0.5 PPG (last year) defenceman making roughly league minimum salary? o_O

This is what I mean.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I like how some people want to blow this team up after a 4 game series that We outplayed and out scored Chicago if you take out the 1st period of game 1. Take away the multiple own goals by Russell and Bear and it’s a different series.

The team also wasn’t playing with any heart or intensity. Blame it on the long layoff or no fans in the crowd but that’s what I found to be more unacceptable compared to any line combos and lineup decisions. If the version of this team that played Calgary showed up then we’d be looking at a 3 game sweep.
That's a huge problem this team has always had. It can only show up emotionally against certain teams. And this team is much worse when it doesn't have it's heart. This team had had a heart problem for a decade.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
That's a huge problem this team has always had. It can only show up emotionally against certain teams. And this team is much worse when it doesn't have it's heart. This team had had a heart problem for a decade.
We most certainly did not outplay Chicago overall. We sat back far too often and the only time the Oilers outright dominated Chicago was when their season was on the line.

Even if the Oilers had somehow gotten past Chicago, the next team would've made mincemeat out of them.

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
Kris Russell on a 4m cap hit is going to return for us in a 1 for 1 trade a near 0.5 PPG (last year) defenceman making roughly league minimum salary? o_O

This is what I mean.
It isn’t Russell that is the return. It is a first + prospect + 50 million dollars to an owner who’s revenue is hurting badly during a global pandemic. You can’t compare Toronto’s situation, where they literally wouldn’t have been able to ice a full team without moving Marleau’s contract, to ours. We do not need to move Russell’s contract to ice a full team. Russell’s contract structure has positives for a struggling owner. And a first round pick to a team that has lost multiple picks because of Hall and cheating also has significant value. Look at the bigger picture rather than focussing on played out negatives that no longer apply to the current situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad