Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: No News is Good News

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Murmuring from the Oilers.com board that Bobby Orr (who's group reps McDavid) is in town. Take it with a grain of salt.

If true I wonder if they are here to check on Connor and see if he's doing OK and might be coming to read the Oilers the riot act. Kid looked incredibly ill after the last game and is being played into the ground.

This worries me a bit, he can only hold out for so long dragging Themis team along, if things keep up for another year or 2 after this year a trade request is inevitable... only good that can come from this is Orr reads a riot act to Nicholson and it gets back to Katz, which is the final straw for Chia.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
He'll still make the trade. If he miraculously wins a deal and we still miss the playoffs that would be a win/win for us. If he adds more crap that is not a win for us.

lol! Same thing I thought reading that comment. Being forced to overpay has never stopped Chia! He will just say that's the price you have to pay.

Paying a team to take their cap dump in his last trade was arguably his worst trade yet on principle. At least other bad moves he got a player, or someone that maybe could have been a player. This time, he paid for a known garbage player that the other side was desperate to get rid of and probably would have had to pay a 2nd or 3rd round pick to any other team to get rid of him.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
This worries me a bit, he can only hold out for so long dragging Themis team along, if things keep up for another year or 2 after this year a trade request is inevitable... only good that can come from this is Orr reads a riot act to Nicholson and it gets back to Katz, which is the final straw for Chia.

I think they are in real trouble of losing him. The damage done by this management team likely will require him now to be patient for a couple more years and I don't know if its in his make-up as a person to accept another 2+ years of this.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
He’s shown very little offense in the NHL. He dominates lower levels, but struggles as soon as he’s in the NHL. And it’s not like he’s lost out there. He generally knows where to be and what to do quite well for a guy his age. Yet there’s no offense. That worries me.

Heck, with how desperate we are to generate offense, I’d rather have Yak back in the lineup right now because at least you know he’ll give you 30+ points.
Ya well, you’re the same guy that thought Spooner was an upgrade on Strome too.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I think they are in real trouble of losing him. The damage done by this management team likely will require him now to be patient for a couple more years and I don't know if its in his make-up as a person to accept another 2+ years of this.

Meh, Connor strikes me as a company man/Good Hockey Guy, I can't see him asking out...for a couple of more years anyway.

Reactions: Oilhawks

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
How you eff up a trade involving Strome and Cagguila is beyond me. Two healthy scratches back and in the meantime Rutta, Koekkok, Shore and Cogliano were traded for each other.

Because other GMs play at a different level than Chia. It's like when you were 10 and trading hockey cards with your buddies and a 4 year old saunters by and wants to trade with you guys. You convince him that his rookie Wayne Gretzky Card is worth just as much as a rookie Bonsignore card.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I’ve been on this board since 2005. NEVER, at any time, through all the sordid episodes of idiocy we’ve been put through, have I seen a time when 99% of us have been so thoroughly convinced that the Oilers were about to do something incredibly stupid. Chiarellis’ record is just screaming for him to be fired, all the fans are screaming for him to be fired, and yet it doesnt happen.

Wake the fk up Katz.

Last edited:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Meh, Connor strikes me as a company man/Good Hockey Guy, I can't see him asking out...for a couple of more years anyway.

They got 2, maybe 3 years I think. And he's going to want a powerhouse team, none of this "pray for a Wild Card" nonsense, if they don't get him that in a reasonable time frame, they are in trouble.

I also suspect Bobby Orr is telling him to be wary of the Oilers, because he knows they did Taylor Hall (another one of Orr's clients) dirty.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
I’ve been on this board since 2005. NEVER, at any time, through all the sordid episodes of idiocy we’ve been put through, have I seen a time when 99% of us have been so thoroughly convinced that the Oilers were about to do something incredibly stupid. Chiarellias’s record is just screaming for him to be fired, all the fans are screaming for him to be fired, and yet it doesnt happen.

Wake the fk up Katz.
same ,

i thought eberle for strome was a joke, i thought the 16 for barzal was worse, strome for spooner lol and manning trade come on man, enough is enough, i swear chias on the payroll for some other team just laughing while he does this.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Because other GMs play at a different level than Chia. It's like when you were 10 and trading hockey cards with your buddies and a 4 year old saunters by and wants to trade with you guys. You convince him that his rookie Wayne Gretzky Card is worth just as much as a rookie Bonsignore card.

This pretty much sums it up, like the kid I traded a bunch of crap cards to for a 90-91 Stanley Cup Hologram card that was worth like $500 hahaha. That kid was Chia.

Kaniac

Sep 11, 2018
Every time I get a phone notification I cringe expecting to to see "Edmonton Oilers trade their first round pick in 2019 (unprotected) along with Poolparty/yamamoto For <insert Ufa forward>". This is going to be a long few days :help:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
How sad it is, in that we need upgrading at so many areas, and really is in our best interests to stand pat with this clown of a GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad