Not open for further replies.

the4thlinegrinder

Jul 25, 2011
The Bench
388DEE21-34B5-4889-A5AC-D0BF093B4F80.jpeg

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Sanchez - you're right on.

Chiarelli is becoming my own personal El Guapo.

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-14_15-51-40.jpeg
    upload_2019-1-14_15-51-40.jpeg
    2.6 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: Sanchez

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Bro this kid is 20 years old...

You know a guy like Olli Jokinen was on a 20 point pace for his first 4 seasons right?

He’s shown very little offense in the NHL. He dominates lower levels, but struggles as soon as he’s in the NHL. And it’s not like he’s lost out there. He generally knows where to be and what to do quite well for a guy his age. Yet there’s no offense. That worries me.

Heck, with how desperate we are to generate offense, I’d rather have Yak back in the lineup right now because at least you know he’ll give you 30+ points.

We have $2.2M in cap space right now with Reggie on the LTIR; where do you find the room?

Move Lucic, Spooner, Sekera, Manning, Benning, Kassian, etc. And there’s no way St Louis is expecting to move Tank and not have to take back salary

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Hitch probably went to Chia and said “find me a capable forward within the next week or I’m quitting.”

Reactions: Oilhawks

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
@TheNuge

Move Lucic, Manning, Benning, Kassian, etc. And there’s no way St Louis is expecting to move Tank and not have to take back salary

1. The first part is far easier said than done even if the will is there.
2. I have no idea what St. Louis, a team that's just 5 points out of the playoffs and 3 points behind us would trade us Tarasenko or any other key piece at this point.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Watch it be EDM 1st 2019 + Spooner (cap dump) for Mike Hoffman, a player they could have had for a fraction of that cost a few months ago.

Reactions: CornKicker

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
My guess - Ottawa Senators. They might actually be the only team that Chiarelli could win a trade with because they are: desperate to shed salary and have a poor GM.

Stauffer has also been telegraphing Ceci.

Get ready for:

Ryan Dzingel (UFA), Mikkeal Boedker (1 year left at 3M) and Cody Ceci (4.3M, RFA)
for
Matt Benning (1.9M) , Tobias Reider (2M, UFA - to get the salaries in order) and Jesse Puljuujarvi (former no.4 overall pick, RFA)

Oilers squeak into the playoffs and get bounced in 5 by SJ or Calgary.

Dzingel walks as a UFA. Boedkker regresses to a < 20 point player next year (think Rieder) and the Oilers have to qualify Ceci at 4.3M - even though he's a no.4-5 D. Puljuujarvi for Ceci is the end result of the deal. Ceci, who is probably worse than Jones at this point. Classic Oilers.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Watch it be EDM 1st 2019 + Spooner (cap dump) for Mike Hoffman, a player they could have had for a fraction of that cost a few months ago.

Chia would have Bjugstad in there too. Just so that we get even more cap strapped.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Good thing we traded Caggiula for Manning. That really helped our forward corps

I haven't been watching the games, mostly due to me being busy with other things, but I saw the one game Manning was a healthy scratch. Made me laugh.

Caggiula is an effective top 9 forward. Manning is an overpaid #7 d man. The guy can't even crack the lineup of this injury riddled shit d core.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I hope every team stone walls the Oilers and tries to overcharge Chiarelli, given his history, thus tying his hands and not allowing him to be able to make a trade.

Jean Ralphio

Dec 13, 2008
I haven't been watching the games, mostly due to me being busy with other things, but I saw the one game Manning was a healthy scratch. Made me laugh.

Caggiula is an effective top 9 forward. Manning is an overpaid #7 d man. The guy can't even crack the lineup of this injury riddled **** d core.

There's no explanation for that trade, that has all but been confirmed with how often Manning has been healthy scratched. Unless Chiarelli had targeted this guy for over a year in order to healthy scratch him into oblivion, that's the only thing that makes sense.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I hope every team stone walls the Oilers and tries to overcharge Chiarelli, given his history, thus tying his hands and not allowing him to be able to make a trade.

You know he still would make the trade. It’d just be 10x worse. So for the long term future of the team, don’t hope for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad