Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: No News is Good News

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
With apparently all scouts on deck I am terrified for the next couple of days. (Also a little curious)

We have 2 pro scouts one of whom is part of the OBC (Messiers brother) and the gang of boobs who brought us the DoD. This isn’t going to end well.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
I hope every team stone walls the Oilers and tries to overcharge Chiarelli, given his history, thus tying his hands and not allowing him to be able to make a trade.
But he will make one anyways....hell get backed in to a corner and then massively over pay. Best case scenario is we lose by a small margin.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
But he will make one anyways....hell get backed in to a corner and then massively over pay. Best case scenario is we lose by a small margin.

We'll lose by a good margin because to bring anyone in they have to send salary out so the other team is going to account for that on top of Ripping Chia Off tax that comes with his reputation as a dummy.

Reactions: Mez

BeanBurrito

Nov 8, 2018
There's no explanation for that trade, that has all but been confirmed with how often Manning has been healthy scratched. Unless Chiarelli had targeted this guy for over a year in order to healthy scratch him into oblivion, that's the only thing that makes sense.
It would seem, unlike our GM, Hitch can see when a player is trash.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Pulju for Burakovsky? A player that's spinning his wheels for one that's trending down?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Murmuring from the Oilers.com board that Bobby Orr (who's group reps McDavid) is in town. Take it with a grain of salt.

If true I wonder if they are here to check on Connor and see if he's doing OK and might be coming to read the Oilers the riot act. Kid looked incredibly ill after the last game and is being played into the ground.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Guys we're likely dangling for cap purposes...

Spooner, Rieder, Benning, Manning, Talbot.

If Matheson was onto something with Brassard, I think Tobias Rieder would be of interest to them.

oilcountry17

Aug 27, 2007
edmonton
chia depseration lvl 10 guess

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-14_14-27-0.png
    upload_2019-1-14_14-27-0.png
    172.4 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Guys we're likely dangling for cap purposes...

Spooner, Rieder, Benning, Manning, Talbot.

If Matheson was onto something with Brassard, I think Tobias Rieder would be of interest to them.

None of those guys have any significant value.

BeanBurrito

Nov 8, 2018
A GM who essentially does nothing but get fleeced in trades, desparate to keep his job, is desparate to fix a broken team with a short window of time. Nothing could go wrong, right? :help:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Puljujarvi + Spooner (cap clear) + EDM 2nd (Chia tax) for Ferland is about what I'd expect from this management group, though I fear it'll be worse than that.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Chiarelli you stupid *******!!! Even if this gets you into the playoffs, you have no shot at the cup. None. So yes, let's lose a trade of desperation with an expansion protected asset who will very likely become way better than who we trade for

Reactions: Burnt Biscuits

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I hope every team stone walls the Oilers and tries to overcharge Chiarelli, given his history, thus tying his hands and not allowing him to be able to make a trade.

He'll still make the trade. If he miraculously wins a deal and we still miss the playoffs that would be a win/win for us. If he adds more crap that is not a win for us.

Reactions: oobga
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad