Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Movie Poster Edition VI- "Kenny Lives"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Last night showed us how we can thrive with Ceci and Bouchard in the top 4. Ceci needs to settle down more but last half of the game he cut out the boneheaded plays and focused on good defense.

Yeah maybe a pick and a prospect for Van Riemsdyk or a similar cheap UFA so Broberg and Desharnais have some veteran cover in the postseason.
I do think in the off-season if we can land a top 4 RHD we would have an extremely solid D

Reactions: Old Boys Club

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
It’s an arms race between New York and Boston. The rest of us are just spectators.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Hmm I feel like we could've beaten the offer on Bertuzzi considering Boston's 2024 1st is likely to be a lower pick than ours but not the end of the world. You never know if COVID kicks into high gear and Bertuzzi gets banned from playing in Canada again. One less suitor for Tom Wilson. :nod:

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Watching teams just keep adding players when you think everyone is capped out is really something..

It's like the jar full of rocks in science class.
Do you think this jar is full???

Then they dump in a pound of sand.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
At the end of the day, a 1st a lot for a guy who has missed most of the season and hasn’t really played well in the games he has played. Could have easily been AA all over again.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Hmm I feel like we could've beaten the offer on Bertuzzi considering Boston's 2024 1st is likely to be a lower pick than ours but not the end of the world. You never know if COVID kicks into high gear and Bertuzzi gets banned from playing in Canada again. One less suitor for Tom Wilson. :nod:
I don’t know if it will be nearly as high they have to resign pasta which is at least $3-4m of lost cap. Bergeron and krejci need to resign as well as orlov. Like this is their all in year as they have severe issues that could be a mid teens pick next year easily and I think yzerman identified that

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Boston is no doubt a Cup favorite - but no team in history has every been invincible. I present the 1986 Edmonton Oilers as exhibit A.

2019 Lightning lost to Columbus in Round - 62-16-4 record in reg season
1996 Red Wings lost in the Conf finals to Colorado - 62-13-7 record in reg season
2000 Blues lost in first round - 51 - 19 - 11 - 1 record
2006 Red Wings (ah the memories) went 58 - 16 - 8 in the reg season
2022 Panthers lost in the second round - 58 - 18 - 6 in the reg season

Of course, there are plenty of examples of teams that crushed it in the regular season that went on to win it all.

Of the 30 best all time regular season winning percentages - 14/30 went on the win the Cup. I personally think the Oilers match up the best against Carolina or Toronto from the East...so here's hoping the Oilers can take the Western Conference and get a bit of luck. Skinner is a real wild card. I think McDavid and Draisaitl will go nova again, but can the D and goaltending hold up? I think a healthy Nurse and the addition of Ekholm give us a better chance against a team like Colorado. One of Nurse of Ek can be on the ice against Avs elites and the Avs aren't quite as healthy or deep as they were last year.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Maybe, I don’t think Holland is looking for forwards with term, I think any forwards would be a rental
Possibly but do we really want to run Yammo and whoever as our top 6 RWs again next year? I would look long and hard at getting a guy with a little term that can push Yammo to the third line tbh.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Possibly but do we really want to run Yammo and whoever as our top 6 RWs again next year? I would look long and hard at getting a guy with a little term that can push Yammo to the third line tbh.
If we are adding a guy wi the a little term, Yamamoto would be going the other way

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Only forward of note left is Domi
I would prioritize a RD, however Vrana is interesting.
Detroit clearly doesn't like him, a buyout would cost $3.8M in actual dollars over two years.
I could see a Yamo for Vrana swap with retention. If they retained say $2M, it would still save them more than $1.8M in actual dollars. It would be like getting Yamo for $1.3M next year, which is a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad