Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Movie Poster Edition VI- "Kenny Lives"

Status
Not open for further replies.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Cook tomorrow, Kenny. Bring in another FW/D or both.

the-rock-dwayne-johnson.gif

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
In my eyes Garland is the ideal fit, Drai just hasn't been as good this year at 5 on 5 and with Kane as a potential linemate who is having a rough year in terms of injuries, someone who can stir the drink in terms of offense and is a good distributor could help those two. We definitely need retention (on top of trading Yamo), but when they are talking about buying him out retention is a reasonable ask.

The other 3 that are potentially a fit would be T. Bertuzzi, S. Bennett, and J. Roslovic.

Of those 3 I'd say Bertuzzi is the most impactful, despite presently having the worst statistical season of the 3 at the moment. For 2nd place I'm guessing most would choose Bennett over Roslovic and while I'd say that's fair as Bennett plays a grittier style that is often seen as more suited to the playoffs, I like Roslovic better he is a faster skater and has a greater level of smoothness to his game that makes me think he is capable of more despite his persistent and frustrating lack of consistency. Also while both can play wing and C, I like Roslovic more at C than Bennett, I think his style of game is better suited to it, on top of we already have multiple C's who have a natural LW bias, it'd be nice to have a C beyond D. Ryan who has a RW bias.

Reactions: McVirginOil

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Ceci isnt going out.. if anything we are adding another Ceci bumping Bouchard to 3rd pairing and sending Desharnais and Broberg back to Bako
I really don't think sending Broberg down is something Holland is planning to do. Desharnais maybe.

In my eyes Garland is the ideal fit, Drai just hasn't been as good this year at 5 on 5 and with Kane as a potential linemate who is having a rough year in terms of injuries, someone who can stir the drink in terms of offense and is a good distributor could help those two. We definitely need retention (on top of trading Yamo), but when they are talking about buying him out retention is a reasonable ask.

The other 3 that are potentially a fit would be T. Bertuzzi, S. Bennett, and J. Roslovic.

Of those 3 I'd say Bertuzzi is the most impactful, despite presently having the worst statistical season of the 3 at the moment. For 2nd place I'm guessing most would choose Bennett over Roslovic and while I'd say that's fair as Bennett plays a grittier style that is often seen as more suited to the playoffs, I like Roslovic better he is a faster skater and has a greater level of smoothness to his game that makes me think he is capable of more despite his persistent and frustrating lack of consistency. Also while both can play wing and C, I like Roslovic more at C than Bennett, I think his style of game is better suited to it, on top of we already have multiple C's who have a natural LW bias, it'd be nice to have a C beyond D. Ryan who has a RW bias.
Part of me wants Bennett so we can see Flames Fans lose their minds.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Let's see a move tomorrow Ken. Hoping somehow he pulls a rabbit out and gets us Tom Wilson. I'd settle for a David Perron though.

Not sure who I want in the bottom 6. Sissons is fine, but he makes too much for too long for my taste.

Reactions: Oilhawks

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Let's see a move tomorrow Ken. Hoping somehow he pulls a rabbit out and gets us Tom Wilson. I'd settle for a David Perron though.

Not sure who I want in the bottom 6. Sissons is fine, but he makes too much for too long for my taste.
Considering Wash fans want 8 first rounders and your soul for WIlson, Perron would be awesome. He'd appreciate the cup run and I don't think we burned the bridge with him too much.

Reactions: DarksideGhost

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
So a guy that can PK and has enough jam to move up the lineup and have some toughness to his game would seem to be the next priority.
Its only one way of course....

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
There is a chance that Yamo goes on LTIR. I don't think that happens but you cant be too careful with concussions (if that is the case). I also don't hope that is the case.

BUT

Its the one injury the league couldn't say anything about, we'd get some LTIR space and the potential to really bolster the line up. Could be an interesting 36 hours for the Oilers.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Man that is annoying since you knew he has to be crazy retained and it isn’t a first. Guess it depends what prospect they move

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Ceci isnt going out.. if anything we are adding another Ceci bumping Bouchard to 3rd pairing and sending Desharnais and Broberg back to Bako

Last night showed us how we can thrive with Ceci and Bouchard in the top 4. Ceci needs to settle down more but last half of the game he cut out the boneheaded plays and focused on good defense, and his icetime was down as well

Yeah maybe a pick and a prospect for Van Riemsdyk or a similar cheap UFA so Broberg and Desharnais have some veteran cover in the postseason.

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
Eastern Conf playoffs are going to be so fun to watch from afar.
Has the potential to be the best playoffs in years from a general hockey perspective. The eastern conference Champs will have gone through war.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad