Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Kassian's Days Numbered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

space321

May 11, 2011
Guys I don't think Kassian holds as much (or any) value as some of you think. I can see him getting moved for a 6th round pick or something.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Elliot Friedman just said the Oilers have given Kassian permission to seek a trade out of Edmonton.

We're done with him.

He's going to end up on waivers sooner rather than later I imagine. No one is taking him at nearly $2M to take dumb penalties and float for the next 2 years.

Is this something that Kassian has initiated or is it the team?

I seem to remember that a few years back the Oilers took him in and got him on his feet again? Instead of asking for a trade how about if he just improves his work ethic and redoubles his effort? So many of these guys are so spoiled and juvenile. Life is full of adversity, get over it. Be thankful you didn't get laid off in the oil patch with 3 kids at home like so many guys his age did.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Is this something that Kassian has initiated or is it the team?

I seem to remember that a few years back the Oilers took him in and got him on his feet again? Instead of asking for a trade how about if he just improves his work ethic and redoubles his effort? So many of these guys are so spoiled and juvenile. Life is full of adversity, get over it. Be thankful you didn't get laid off in the oil patch with 3 kids at home.

Who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if the feeling was mutual.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
He scored and smashed a player into the boards. He gets to play two more games. If he keeps playing this way... I'd keep him. If he reverts back to last year's Kass... trade his butt.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

oiler4ever

Jul 29, 2004
Windsor
First of all I am a huge Kassian Fan. In this case, he has no rights to ask for a trade. Oilers organization gave him second chance when nobody wanted him, then Peter gave him sweet three year deal. After getting scratched probably he went up to the management and said I want a trade:

ZK: I want you to trade me out of here
PC: Well Zack I tried, but nobody wants you.
ZK: really?
PC: Yeah really, why don't you start playing like Zack Kassian of two years, then you will be playing.
ZK: I Still want a trade
PC: why don't you call your agent and faciliate a trade...

jlockhart89

Humboldt Strong
Jul 16, 2004
Humboldt, SK
Crickets around here, funny what a 3 game win streak does!

In all seriousness, if Kassian continues to play like yesterday, he will continue to get playing time; making his trade request either redundant or at worst more palatable to other teams.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Puljujarvi for Dylan Strome. Who says no?
Cement Head vs. Cement Feet? That's probably harsher than Pulju deserves, but there is a ring of truth to it, hopefully hockey IQ doesn't tank his career like it did to Yakupov, although Yaks suspect defensive game and hockey IQ combined are really what did him in, where as Pulju's got some defensive responsible instincts built into the foundation of his game.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Think Islanders would consider something like Ho-Sang for Kassian?

I cant see Ho-Sang working with the islanders. I think he needs a change.

Islanders probably dont need Kassian though. After the Komarov, Martin, etc signings/trades.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

Islanders probably dont need Kassian though. After the Komarov, Martin, etc signings/trades.
I know Connor played with Ho-sang in Toronto in the minors
wonder what his feelings are towards his character

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton

Islanders dont consider it

kurtcobang

Feb 18, 2007
Any chance we could grab Coyle from minnesota? Im a big fan and he brings some grit and speed we could use more of imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad