Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | I'll Trade You My Pinto For Your Ferrari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Sounds like the #NHLBruins
have held firm on their 6 x $6.5 million offer to pending UFA D Torey Krug. He's expected to hit the market tomorrow, but the Bruins have left the door open for them to reconnect once Krug sees what's out there.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Yeah got it. In the future just get your facts right instead of spewing bullshit to try and support your argument. Then you won’t have to suffer getting called out about being wrong and getting offended by it.

As for Neal, without his 19 goals in the first half of the season the Oilers are likely battling for a wildcard spot instead of the division lead.

I was wrong about the term- which I stepped up and acknowledged. The term wasn’t my point though- my point was about contract flexibility. I wasn’t spewing bullshit to make my point. You zero’d in on it and missed my entire point.

Again, I’m dropping this- it is derailing the thread.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
SNET650 - on Markstrom: At some point something has to give. I'm of the belief that as soon as 9:01am comes tomorrow - Calgary will call Jacob Markstrom. They could go 6 years and $6 million a year.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
How would you guys rank Turris, Koivu, Wennberg, Haula or other 3c options.
I think the Oilers can't go wrong with any of them.
  • I like Koivu because he's the ideal mentor for Puljujarvi and will likely accept a shorter term deal
  • Turris and Wennberg aren't as worried as much about money because they have a guaranteed income stream for a few years
  • Haula may be the most versatile player of the group and could also mentor Puljujarvi (just not as good as the gold-standard that Koivu would bring)

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
One bad year in Toronto erases this guy’s entire career? Seriously?

FTR, Petry has been a plus player exactly twice in his NHL career, if we’re regarding that stat as viable.

He has a stigma of not being able to defend well. GMs tend to place less value on guys like that.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Haula>Koivu>Wennberg>Turris but just know all these guys have like very little offense to them. I want a 3C that is an actual two way player. I’d be okay with Koivu for 4th line C.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
The jhonston tweet is from this morning. All he said was that there is a "small" chance Hall considers Edmonton. Man, If I was Hall, I would be juiced for a chance for some redemption. Short term deal. 3 Hart winners on 1 team lol
F18B5307-B564-4A96-996C-D15331C1677F.gif

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So has Petry and he got $6 per.

Hey, if I’m wrong, I’m happy to admit it, but the notion that Barrie gets bottom pairing money for one year is just crazy.

I don't think people are saying he gets bottom pairing money, unless 4M is bottom pairing money.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
He has a stigma of not being able to defend well. GMs tend to place less value on guys like that.

You’re right a lot, so I’m ready to be wrong on this. I just think he’s really undervalued here.

To make it perfectly clear, I’m not arguing what he is worth, I’m predicting what he will get.

Reactions: Cloned

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I am just curious but why does everyone just assume that Koivu's going to be a perfect mentor for JP? It didnt really seem like Jussi Jokinen did much for him. Obviously Koivu has leadership skills so I agree he should be a good mentor. But the guy might need friendship more than mentorship at this point. Maybe it would be good to bring in some younger finnish players who dont have families that he could bond with.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG

Im open to all of them for the right price.

If Turris can return close to his 2017 Ottawa form I’d be very happy. If Haula has similar chemistry with Neal from their Vegas days and maybe JP riding with them I’d be happy. And if Koivu can work with fellow Finnish player I would also be happy.

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
They should definitely do that.

Correct me if I’m wrong but this comment is dripping with vengeful thoughts, right? This is going to be Troy Brouwer 2.0 at a different position but at a worse economic time and it’s going to kill Flames for a few years.

Let me know if I’m reading that right.

Reactions: North

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
You’re right a lot, so I’m ready to be wrong on this. I just think he’s really undervalued here.

To make it perfectly clear, I’m not arguing what he is worth, I’m predicting what he will get.

I'm wrong a lot too, haha.

I'm kind of arguing in between what he is worth and what he will get. I think anywhere between 3.5-5M is a good guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad