Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | I'll Trade You My Ham Sandwich For Your Filet Mignon

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I think Mcdavid will get over it when he has Krug hitting him in full flight with a pass. Krug would totally change the way this team plays. Also we can always look at adding another winger at the deadline. We shouldn't be paying more then 3-4M for that winger spot at this point. I have a feeling with our lack of cap Ennis will be re-signed.

See post above. Krug will not help.

Maybe he is visually better to some, but the stats tell me to stay away.

Reactions: nabob

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
So I did some more mock GM'ing. If we let AA walk and buyout Neal we have the room for Krug at 7M. Team I came up with:

Ennis-Mcdavid-Kassian
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Benson-Koivu-Puljujarvi
Khaira-Haas-Archibald
Russell, Nygard

Krug-Larsson
Nurse-Bear
Jones-Russell
Lagesson

Koskinen
Howard

We may be able to make it work. So will be interesting to see what Holland does. If he starts shedding cap, we'll know theres a big signing coming in. I think Koivu would be a good mentor for JP if he's coming back.

Krug is not a top pair D. He's not even a two-way D, he's purely an offensive D. Oilers can't shelter him. Also paying him $7M would be insanity.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
D should be our top priority with Klefbom likely out for next season. We could have prime Hasek in net and he wouldn't have great numbers, if there isn't a solid D in front.
Nope, our D has been talked about for years now and every second game we see one terrible goal and 2 very stoppable ones and every one blames the defense. One upgrade in goal makes 6 dmen a lot better.

Reactions: nabob

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Tory Krug sucks.

By way of comparison

2019/2020

5v5 points
Nurse 26 points
Krug 16 points

+/-
Nurse -2
Krug -4

Conclusion. Krug was a minus player on the best goals against 5v5 team in the league last year. He got all his points on special teams.

5v5 team stats (2019/2020)

GF
Boston 141
Oilers 141

GA Boston 105 (best in league)
Oilers 157 (3rd worst in league)

Just pass on Krug. Plus he is small.

Yikes. Those are not good numbers for Krug. I’d almost rather have Brad Hunt or bring back MAB lol.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Michigan has very similar winters. How long did Shawn Horcoff stay in Edmonton?
He was also drafted and developed by us. Not hard for us to convince those kinds of guys to stick around.

Signing higher end American free agents that will have other options, has always been an issue though.

Reactions: TB12

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Tory Krug sucks.

By way of comparison

2019/2020

5v5 points
Nurse 26 points
Krug 16 points

+/-
Nurse -2
Krug -4

Conclusion. Krug was a minus player on the best goals against 5v5 team in the league last year. He got all his points on special teams.

5v5 team stats (2019/2020)

GF
Boston 141
Oilers 141

GA Boston 105 (best in league)
Oilers 157 (3rd worst in league)

Just pass on Krug. Plus he is small.

3rd worse for GA in the league and just lost our best dman. We need to upgrade the defence is what I'm seeing. We also haven't had an offensive dman since Ryan Whitney.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I expect no trades and free agents from the bargain bin this off season along with RNH and JP signings. I won’t get my hopes up for anything more.

TheMustardTiger

Owner of the Dirty Burger
May 4, 2016
Krug is not a top pair D. He's not even a two-way D, he's purely an offensive D. Oilers can't shelter him. Also paying him $7M would be insanity.

I watch a lot of Bruins games and what you say is very true.
Another thing to think about is Boston is willing to give up assets for OEL instead of resigning Krug for free...

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
He was also drafted and developed by us. Not hard for us to convince those kinds of guys to stick around.

Signing higher end American free agents that will have other options, has always been an issue though.

Meh, we'll have to overpay him if we want him. Same with any UFA really, but I think he could really change our transition game.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Nurse plays too much as it is.

Bouchard should be the guy on the powerplay. Ease him in at evens, but give him minutes with PP1.

it was more of a joke. Klefbom wasn’t the cog on the PP that Raab thinks he was. His PP minutes could go to 4 other Dmen on the roster and it really wouldn’t hurt the PP IMO. If anything giving those minutes to better offensive players like Bear or Bouchard would improve the PP even more as teams would have to respect them or might even fear them.

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Meh, we'll have to overpay him if we want him. Same with any UFA really, but I think he could really change our transition game.

Given what we have in the pipeline, spending money on Krug now would be moronic. Spend that money on the forwards and in goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad