Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | I'll Trade You My Ham Sandwich For Your Filet Mignon

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Oilers that would need qualifying to keep them:

AA
Puljujarvi
Bear
Benning
Hebig
Kuffner
Vesey
Mantha
Lagesson
Redmond.

Woof. What are we thinking, maybe three guys on that list if we don't qualify AA and Benning?

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011

AA
Puljujarvi
Bear
Benning
Hebig
Kuffner
Vesey
Mantha
Lagesson
Redmond.

Woof. What are we thinking, maybe three guys on that list if we don't qualify AA and Benning?
A lot of those guys will he brought back for Bakersfield.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

AA
Puljujarvi
Bear
Benning
Hebig
Kuffner
Vesey
Mantha
Lagesson
Redmond.

Yeah 3 looks right to me: Puljujarvi, Bear and Lagesson.

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
With the exception of Lucic and the dead Cap left from the previous buyouts, which mess is Holland cleaning up currently? He inherited a pretty decent group of young defensemen and was greeted with three NHL-ready ELCs in his first season at the helm.

Dave Tippett and his crew probably deserve a bit more credit when it comes to cleaning up the mess left from their predecessors.
I agree with what Holland had to work with I think he did a decent job. Could he have done better ? Probably could he have done worse ? Definitely
Holland job is to acquire the pieces he believes are the right fit for the team and just like all gms some pieces will fit others might not. If teams were giving the cup based on the best team on paper there would be no need to play the games.
Holland will make the best deals he feels are the right deals and let tipps do the rest.i believe Holland’s not going to chia and create a whole new mess imo

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

AA
Puljujarvi
Bear
Benning
Hebig
Kuffner
Vesey
Mantha
Lagesson
Redmond.

AA, Puljujarvi, Bear, Lagesson all get QO's

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

AA
Puljujarvi
Bear
Benning
Hebig
Kuffner
Vesey
Mantha
Lagesson
Redmond.

Holland probably keeps Kuffner.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I don't think the Oilers need to qualify Puljujarvi, he's on their reserve list now. I could be wrong though.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Anderson's agent is Darren Ferris, who also represents Hall, so you could be right.
CyrN4Hn.gif

Reactions: McTonyBrar

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'm really surprised the Isles qualified Ho-Sang. Letting him hit UFA would've been a bit of a favor to the kid. He's been in limbo with them for a while now.

Reactions: Faelko

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
How is acquiring a young former 30 goal scorer who the GM is familiar with a poor gamble? It’s not like second rounders are sure things to be NHL players.

He scored 30 once years ago and was one of the worst players on the worst team 5v5 for goals against. He was even rumored to be difficult in the locker room and his agent is well known for being difficult.

I think 2 seconds was too much for a player that typically is a net loss in goals 5v5 no matter how many goals he scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad