Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | I'll Trade You My Ham Sandwich For Your Filet Mignon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
He scored 30 once years ago and was one of the worst players on the worst team 5v5 for goals against. He was even rumored to be difficult in the locker room and his agent is well known for being difficult.

I think 2 seconds was too much for a player that typically is a net loss in goals 5v5 no matter how many goals he scores.
One year ago is not “Years ago.”

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
He scored 30 once years ago and was one of the worst players on the worst team 5v5 for goals against. He was even rumored to be difficult in the locker room and his agent is well known for being difficult.

I think 2 seconds was too much for a player that typically is a net loss in goals 5v5 no matter how many goals he scores.
He scored 30 goals the season before we traded for him. Was literally his most recent output.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
One year ago is not “Years ago.”

He scored 30 goals the season before we traded for him. Was literally his most recent output.

The season is over it is technically years. If you want to split hairs over such a small thing I'll wait till game 1 is played of this coming season.

Lol. I'm not trying to troll but damn I knew there would be more hits on years than disputing AA is an ineffective player overall 5v5.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
The season is over it is technically years. If you want to split hairs over such a small thing I'll wait till game 1 is played of this coming season.

Lol. I'm not trying to troll but damn I knew there would be more hits on years than disputing AA is an ineffective player overall 5v5.
If you’re going to make a point, at least ensure it’s accurate. AA had what, 10-15 games under his belt after coming from the worst team in the league, adjusting to new teammates/city, etc?

Let’s give the guy a season before we write him off. At least give him a chance to recover some value so you can get an asset back if you decide to part ways.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
So I did some more mock GM'ing. If we let AA walk and buyout Neal we have the room for Krug at 7M. Team I came up with:

Ennis-Mcdavid-Kassian
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Benson-Koivu-Puljujarvi
Khaira-Haas-Archibald
Russell, Nygard

Krug-Larsson
Nurse-Bear
Jones-Russell
Lagesson

Koskinen
Howard

We may be able to make it work. So will be interesting to see what Holland does. If he starts shedding cap, we'll know theres a big signing coming in. I think Koivu would be a good mentor for JP if he's coming back.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
So I did some more mock GM'ing. If we let AA walk and buyout Neal we have the room for Krug at 7M. Team I came up with:

Ennis-Mcdavid-Kassian
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Benson-Koivu-Puljujarvi
Khaira-Haas-Archibald
Russell, Nygard

Krug-Larsson
Nurse-Bear
Jones-Russell
Lagesson

Koskinen
Howard

We may be able to make it work. So will be interesting to see what Holland does. If he starts shedding cap, we'll know theres a big signing coming in. I think Koivu would be a good mentor for JP if he's coming back.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Yeah, I honestly do feel sorry for the younger generation of Oiler fans with what we’ve endured for the last decade plus.
Older generation hasn't had it much better.
Started following Oilers 93-94.
Last 27 yrs have been a whole lot of suck other than Weight and Pronger surges.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Ennis-Mcdavid-Kassian
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Benson-Koivu-Puljujarvi
Khaira-Haas-Archibald
Russell, Nygard

Krug-Larsson
Nurse-Bear
Jones-Russell
Lagesson

Koskinen
Howard

We're not buying out Neal. The cap complications would be ridiculous, it sucks as is having to deal with Sekera and Pouliot now.

Reactions: Sanchez and Aerchon

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Ennis-Mcdavid-Kassian
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Benson-Koivu-Puljujarvi
Khaira-Haas-Archibald
Russell, Nygard

Krug-Larsson
Nurse-Bear
Jones-Russell
Lagesson

Koskinen
Howard

Ennis and Kassian? Poor McDavid.

Soul8

Jan 20, 2018
With 2 interviews today, did Holland mention his plan with AA or Benning, did no reporter ask?

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
With 2 interviews today, did Holland mention his plan with AA or Benning, did no reporter ask?
He only did he knew what he was doing because he's actively trying to trade them. If he came out and said he wasn't going to qualify either of them, their value disintegrates.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
We're not buying out Neal. The cap complications would be ridiculous, it sucks as is having to deal with Sekera and Pouliot now.

Its not that bad 1.9M for 6 years. We need the extra 4M this year, and hopefully the cap will start rising again as the NHL opens back up. If were signing a big name, Neal is good as gone. Sekera was bought out for less with a rising cap.

Reactions: foshizzle

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
So is Quinn Hughes and we saw his impact on Vancouver. We need Krug, especially with Klefbom out.

Tory Krug sucks.

By way of comparison

2019/2020

5v5 points
Nurse 26 points
Krug 16 points

+/-
Nurse -2
Krug -4

Conclusion. Krug was a minus player on the best goals against 5v5 team in the league last year. He got all his points on special teams.

5v5 team stats (2019/2020)

GF
Boston 141
Oilers 141

GA Boston 105 (best in league)
Oilers 157 (3rd worst in league)

Just pass on Krug. Plus he is small.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Ennis and Kassian? Poor McDavid.

I think Mcdavid will get over it when he has Krug hitting him in full flight with a pass. Krug would totally change the way this team plays. Also we can always look at adding another winger at the deadline. We shouldn't be paying more then 3-4M for that winger spot at this point. I have a feeling with our lack of cap Ennis will be re-signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad