Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | I'll Trade You My Ham Sandwich For Your Filet Mignon

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
When was the last time we had a top 10 scoring dman in the league? Yeah we don't need guys like that!

so we buy out one of our top goal scorers and then add a $7M very one dimensional player who won’t make the team any better just to have it?? Add the buy out cap hit to fit Krug to Krug’s cap hit and you have very one expensive Brad Hunt/MAB hybrid.

who needs forwards to play with McDavid, who needs defensemen who can defend, who needs good goaltending! We need the most one dimensional offensive Dman in the league!!!

Reactions: Louis Cypher

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Shit man, after reading the last 600 posts, it got me feeling like Sharon and Stan after Randy’s foray on the wheel of fortune.
D62A5CF8-E87D-44FA-B191-162D5AA1DC0B.png

Also for more chaos....
D5B5ED74-34C6-49D3-AC3E-15A17D370D1C.jpeg

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Man our defence looks so atrocious without Klefbom (Even if Barrie is added).
I think you still need a cheaper option in place of Kris Russell to make the money work. I like the idea of adding Barrie on a one year term, but I have to ask how high that cap hit goes assuming there'll be a long list of suitors.

The defense is tough to gauge next season because you're banking on the continued development of Bear and Jones, which could go either way. The only thing you can really do is improve the group of forwards in front of them. Having a bottom six that bleeds goals at even strength again is only going to hurt them.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
I think the Oilers should just move on from Klefbom.

How are you going to build a team with this guy as a key cog? Every time the team has a good season, he is hurt.

You think his shoulder is never going to be hurt again, he had surgery already, 2 years later it's causing problems again and he's back in the same spot of facing surgery again.

You can probably dump him now because insured LTIR can save a cheap team some real dollars for next season.
The way the presser went, I'm convinced that Klef is considering retirement. I think it's a toss up between therapy and retirement or surgery and a long healing process before he plays again.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I’m on the Ferry from VI to Van and the lady sitting behind me just told her husband she’s divorcing him. Ooof. o_O

Just thought I’d post that here as some poor bastard is going to have a worse week than Holland.

Also @Cloned : sounds like she’s now available.
You're assuming that he wanted to stay married. Maybe it was a blessing from his standpoint

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Everyone knew what Klef was going to do on the powerplay. He telegraphs his passes so much its impossible not to.

You go to a game live, you can actually see Drai [and occasionally McDavid] tell him who to pass to or when to shoot at times. Never really noticed till last season but now, can't unsee it.

Reactions: nabob

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
I’m on the Ferry from VI to Van and the lady sitting behind me just told her husband she’s divorcing him. Ooof. o_O

Just thought I’d post that here as some poor bastard is going to have a worse week than Holland.

My like on this post is for the second part directed to @Cloned. Not for the divorce part...ouch.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Does she look like Melissa Benoist? ;)

Some wives say that and then backtrack on it during heated arguments.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Does she look like Melissa Benoist? ;)

Some wives say that and then backtrack on it during heated arguments.

When she’s 55 and had a few kids and the stress of a shitty marriage.

She’s pretty determined. Just called him a f***in asshole! She must be married to Ratboy.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
The way the presser went, I'm convinced that Klef is considering retirement. I think it's a toss up between therapy and retirement or surgery and a long healing process before he plays again.
He won’t retire. He’ll just milk the LTIR until the contract is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->