Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | I'll Trade You My Ham Sandwich For Your Filet Mignon

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Makes you wonder why the hell you cheer for a team that has quite literally never given you a single legit reason to cheer for them, don't it?

Next, on Unsolved Mysteries.

My relationship with this team is the unhealthiest I've ever had.

And man I've had some unhealthy relationships while I was in uni.

I don't know what that says about me. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Faelko

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I'm saying look at both.
yes we had a successful regular season but there were still blatant holes in our team. goaltending, defense core wass drowning in heavy assignments, depth scoring was non-existent, even Leon and Connor were slacking on D etc.
See you’re only looking at the bad...I am looking at both. The end result is a combination of the good and the bad.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Who just got qualified today? Stuaffer mentioning an agent that has softened their stance on how much the players he/she represents will be making post COVID. Also mentioned this agent represents a (prominent?) UFA.

Hall. I guarantee it

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I'd throw the kitchen sink at him and worry about the cap later. The guy would put up huge numbers on our 1st PP and fill the void left by Klefbom. If we put Klefbom on LTIR and trade Russell for a pick/prospect we will have the room.

Nurse-Bear
Krug-Larsson
Jones-Engelland
Lagesson

Looks good to me, have a feeling Holland will at least see if theres interest.

Reactions: FanofBadHockeyTeam

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Yeah, I honestly do feel sorry for the younger generation of Oiler fans with what we’ve endured for the last decade plus.
I’ve been watching hockey since I’ll say I was 7/8 years old. That was around the time that Taylor Hall was drafted by us. Ofc being born and raised in Edmonton and by the influence of older cousins I started to follow the Oilers, my hometown team. All I’ve known since then is pain lol. Just never ending pain when it comes to this team. But my love of the game, love of the team and the city keeps me hooked with the outlook of better days to come.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
This is the exact opposite of what I would do, Krug is going to be extremely overpaid after this off-season.

Don't pay a player top pairing money, when you can't even play him or trust him as a top pairing player.

Signing Krug would be a Holland type move if Krug's willing to come here

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I’ve been watching hockey since I’ll say I was 7/8 years old. That was around the time that Taylor Hall was drafted by us. Ofc being born and raised in Edmonton and by the influence of older cousins I started to follow the Oilers, my hometown team. All I’ve known since then is pain lol. Just never ending pain when it comes to this team. But my love of the game, love of the team and the city keeps me hooked with the outlook of better days to come.
First hockey game I really ever watched was game 1 of the 2006 playoffs

Reactions: 780il

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I started watching hockey and Oilers in 09-10 season so.....yeah
My condolences.

Any asshole can cheer for good teams. It takes real passion and dedication to cheer for the Oilers/Jays/Raiders.

At least that's what I tell myself to justify my terrible choices.
I think the word you're looking for is "masochism".

HugentNopkins

Oct 13, 2019
I came into this thread excited when I saw all these unread pages thinking there were some crazy trades that happened. Nope just people arguing about dumb stuff for pages on top of pages. Sometimes I wonder why I follow this thread :huh:

Last edited:

TheMustardTiger

Owner of the Dirty Burger
May 4, 2016
I'd throw the kitchen sink at him and worry about the cap later. The guy would put up huge numbers on our 1st PP and fill the void left by Klefbom. If we put Klefbom on LTIR and trade Russell for a pick/prospect we will have the room.

What are you talking about we only have 1 PP unit :P

I think the void left by Klefbom could easily be filled by committee by Bear, Nurse and possibly Bouchard. I am more concerned about the void left on the PK. Klefbom was our top D minute man on the PK and we need someone that can handle those minutes and not be in over their head.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Dominik Simon I'd have time for on a PTO - but I don't think he's quite good enough to sign right away, also coming off injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad