Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | If OEL Gets Traded Here, Which Defensemen Get Dealt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
This is exactly what I said to a buddy of mine when he sent me the article. It’s a lazy take by Seravalli.

Quick question for you about RFA’s with no arbitration rights, mainly about Bear. I see people speculating it would take 3 mill to sign him but with no arbitration rights, does he really have a choice if Holland offers him a three year 2.0 mill contract? Would his only options be to either accept it or sit out? Didn’t something similar to this happen with Nurse and Chiarelli?
The Oilers have all the cards with Bear. But you do have to be concerned with not over playing them. I'd wait until I knew if I needed space to take advantage of an opportunity. If that was the case, then maybe a 1-2 year deal at close to $2M. At three years I think to be fair to the player you may be looking at a little more. And if you decide to stay mostly pat, maybe you try to sign him long term a la Klefbom.

And yes. They did play hard ball with Nurse. He signed on Sept. 17 at two years for $3.2M. But he had been an NHL regular for three years already and the cap was expected to rise.

Reactions: tabs

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Hasnt Boston been rumoured to like Khaira for awhile. Khaira probably makes more sense for them rather than Chiasson. I could be wrong though.

Throw in Khaira for the rights to Peter Cehlerik.

He was a farmhand there that never really got a chance. Has six points in two games in the SHL right now.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Then what? Do they deal Klefbom or roll around in their Dmen?

OEL/Larsson
?? / Bear
Jones / Bouchard

Russell for whatever picks you can get.
Then one of Nurse or Klefbom is gone. Which ever one gets the most return.

But put me in the group that all this is nonsense and there is a 15% chance that OEL will be traded to Edmonton.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Lowetide's article today speculating the 'clean version' of an OEL deal would be Neal and the #14 pick. That would be unreal.

Good deal, and with continued speculation in Arizona needing to clear salary and wanting to get some 1sts for a rebuild it makes sense for them too. Opens the possibility of trading a D and a low pick for top 6 forward help and a 1st or something. Use the lower first on Reichel or Peterka.

Then sign Haula and Greiss in free agency and that’s an A+ offseason.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I'm not sure.

Klefbom - OEL
Nurse - Bear
Jones - Larsson

In the short term, that's about as stacked as you could get our blue line.

Flip Larsson and Klefbom, so everyone can play their correct sides except Jones, who can play either side, on the right with Klefbom on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad