Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | If OEL Gets Traded Here, Which Defensemen Get Dealt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Any truth to what this guy wrote on the mains? Long story short he’s proposing

neal+samorukov+poolparty+2021 1st for OEL.

Trade nurse for 1st plus prospect plus other 3rd from either NJ or Rangers.

just curious if anyone else has info on the OP or if he’s just full of crap.

Value of: - I'm Back!!Bye Bye Darnell, just not to Arizona!!
Only thing true about that is Oilers are trying to acquire OEL. The trade offer isn’t true

Reactions: Gregsky99

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Those deals don't work if you're renewing. I do the same thing with XM. I could live without either, but both are premium quality products.
How do you call yourself cheap and not go around this? Just don’t renew, let your subscription expire, sign up again the next day. I do the same thing with my cable for years, do the 1 year cheap promotion, call say I won’t stay going to switch to, insert other cable company, who offer the same package at X price, get to keep my current cable setup and get reduced X price.

I just did the same thing with my Sirius XM, let it expire, they called me a day later and let me renew for a year at less than $5 a month.

Companies like that make their money by you just not paying attention.
@NoSavesFromKosko Yes it is currently running a deal of a $1 a month for a 12 month subscription if I’m not mistaken, they have automatic renewal though, so something to watch for a year from now and heed above advice

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
How do you call yourself cheap and not go around this? Just don’t renew, let your subscription expire, sign up again the next day. I do the same thing with my cable for years, do the 1 year cheap promotion, call say I won’t stay going to switch to, insert other cable company, who offer the same package at X price, get to keep my current cable setup and get reduced X price.

I just did the same thing with my Sirius XM, let it expire, they called me a day later and let me renew for a year at less than $5 a month.

Companies like that make their money by you just not paying attention.
@NoSavesFromKosko Yes it is currently running a deal of a $1 a month for a 12 month subscription if I’m not mistaken, they have automatic renewal though, so something to watch for a year from now and heed above advice
I do exactly this. The companies generally give me more of a runaround.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
If Hall goes to Colorado, they have 2 years window before they are in cap hell. Their window isn't as big as people think. The Oilers are looking like a better spot for him overall longterm

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
If AA does get moved, I wouldn't hate Chiasson as the LW on the third line.
Sounds like per Stauffer, Puljuarvi signs with Oilers then they trade Chiasson to Boston for Bjork.

Puljujarvi (1.25M) + Bjork (1.60) = Chiasson (2.15)

2.85 M - 2.15 M = +700k

Bjork-X-Puljujarvi

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
huh? his rankings are from cap friendly?
I understand this. That's why I said that the whole article is barely more than a cut and paste from that site. There is no real insight. No depth of analysis.

For example...The Oilers with $11.25M in cap space on 15 contracts are in cap hell. (They also need to sign a starting net minder it seems.) Calgary with $16.9M is comfortable. On the surface this is what most people who simply pull up the front page of CapFriendly might think. But most people are not hockey writers being paid to put this out. But how much more space does Calgary actually have. If they resign Brodie then both teams would have the same number of contracts on the books and basically a similar amount of cap space. But Calgary actually needs to sign a starting goalie as is claimed of Edmonton. Both teams have a top 4 defenseman to sign or resign. But in Edmonton's case it is an ELC without arbitration rights vs the Flames having to replace Hamonic. The Flames also no contracts like Russell's that can be moved to free up a fair bit of space without weakening their roster. The Flames anchor contract is buyout proof. The Oilers have Neal who they could re-coop almost $4M if the bought out his deal. So which team really has more freedom?

Then there is Vancouver. They have $14M left on 17 contracts. If they resigned Markstrom, Tanev and sign Toffoli, I am not sure they would be under the cap. So yes they have space, but it is only usable if they subtract key players from last year. Then they have the issue of new deals for Pettersson and Hughes next year. Those two could require upwards of $15M in new cap space on long term deals. They have some contracts they can move, but Eriksson for example has a large buyout cap hit.

Colorado is another team that seems to have a ton of space. But unless they are doing a one and done deal they could find themselves in real cap hell soon once they have to start paying their guys with cheap deals.

Last edited:

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Stauffer mentioned maybe since we have an excess of RWers if Pulju comes back, we trade one (probably Chiasson - he mentioned Archibald as a coach's favorite) to an Eastern team that has an excess of LWers.

Any teams come to mind? Edit: Looking at Boston, they have Marchand, Debrusk, Bjork, Nordstrom and Ritchie.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
I understand this. That's why I said that the whole article is barely more than a cut and paste from that site. There is no real insight. No depth of analysis.

For example...The Oilers with $11.25M in cap space on 15 contracts are in cap hell. (They also need to sign a starting net minder it seems.) Calgary with $16.9M is comfortable. On the surface this is what most people who simply pull up the front page of CapFriendly might think. But most people are not hockey writers being paid to put this out. But how much more space does Calgary actually have. If they resign Brodie then both teams would have the same number of contracts on the books and basically a similar amount of cap space. But Calgary actually needs to sign a starting goalie as is claimed of Edmonton. Both teams have a tp 4 defenseman to sign or resign. But in Edmonton's case it is an ELC without arbitration rights vs the Flames having to replace Hamonic. The Flames also no contracts like Russell's that can be moved to free up a fair bit of space without weakening their roster. The Flames anchor contract is buyout proof. The Oilers have Neal who they could re-coop almost $4M if the bought out his deal. So which team really has more freedom?

Then there is Vancouver. They have $14M left on 14 contracts. If they resigned Markstrom, Tanev and sign Toffoli, I am not sure they would be under the cap. So yes they have space, but it only usable if they subtract key players from last year. Then they have the issue of new deals for Pettersson and Hughes next year. Those two could require upwards of $15M in new cap space on long term deals. They have some contracts they can move, but Eriksson for example has a large buyout cap hit.

Colorado is another team that seems to have a ton of space. But unless they are doing a one and done deal they could find themselves in real cap hell soon once they have to start paying their guys with cheap deals.
This is exactly what I said to a buddy of mine when he sent me the article. It’s a lazy take by Seravalli.

Quick question for you about RFA’s with no arbitration rights, mainly about Bear. I see people speculating it would take 3 mill to sign him but with no arbitration rights, does he really have a choice if Holland offers him a three year 2.0 mill contract? Would his only options be to either accept it or sit out? Didn’t something similar to this happen with Nurse and Chiarelli?

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Sounds like per Stauffer, Puljuarvi signs with Oilers then they trade Chiasson to Boston for Bjork.

Puljujarvi (1.25M) + Bjork (1.60) = Chiasson (2.15)

2.85 M - 2.15 M = +700k

Bjork-X-Puljujarvi
Give JP top six time

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Stauffer mentioned maybe since we have an excess of RWers if Pulju comes back, we trade one (probably Chiasson - he mentioned Archibald as a coach's favorite) to an Eastern team that has an excess of LWers.

Any teams come to mind? Edit: Looking at Boston, they have Marchand, Debrusk, Bjork, Nordstrom and Ritchie.

Carolina.

They got Neiderreider on the 4th line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad