Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | If OEL Gets Traded Here, Which Defensemen Get Dealt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Good deal, and with continued speculation in Arizona needing to clear salary and wanting to get some 1sts for a rebuild it makes sense for them too. Opens the possibility of trading a D and a low pick for top 6 forward help and a 1st or something. Use the lower first on Reichel or Peterka.

Then sign Haula and Greiss in free agency and that’s an A+ offseason.
The opposite side of the spectrum is that Armstrong's presentation to the owners of the Coyotes apparently didn't include him trading OEL. Which is smart IMO. So we'll see what happens on that front.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Why? Who gives a rats ass what that imbecile thinks.
relax guy it's just a comment and maybe some people would get a laugh out of what he thinks . Lord knows the bitching and moaning that has gone on since the trade been done . I would bet there would be a lot of people wanting to know and it's a chat board I can post what I want as long as it's in the guidelines of hf

Last edited:

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
The Oilers have all the cards with Bear. But you do have to be concerned with not over playing them. I'd wait until I knew if I needed space to take advantage of an opportunity. If that was the case, then maybe a 1-2 year deal at close to $2M. At three years I think to be fair to the player you may be looking at a little more. And if you decide to stay mostly pat, maybe you try to sign him long term a la Klefbom.

And yes. They did play hard ball with Nurse. He signed on Sept. 17 at two years for $3.2M. But he had been an NHL regular for three years already and the cap was expected to rise.
My thoughts on the three year would be that by then the cap should begin to rise, and Neal’s contract will no longer be on the books, allowing us to sign Bear to the long term deal that he would hopefully earn after this bridge. It give Bear 6 mill of guaranteed salary, plus the opportunity to cash in afterwards. A one or two year deal will still have a flat cap, potentially limiting his next contract. The three year deal would be mutually beneficial.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Woodguy55 was on Lowetide's show. Had some interesting things to say.

Larsson, Bozak and Koivu were the three guys he thinks we should target as 3C

Also mentioned that there was nothing he could find that would make him think we should touch Murray as a goalie option.

What I liked about him is he used stats and some actual logic when talking about the various players.

I agree there as well. He went pretty harsh on him too, said he's not even sure how Murray is still in the NHL right now.

Reactions: joestevens29

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
If puljujarvi is coming back I would definitely try really hard to get Koivu for a year.

Gregsky99

Dec 16, 2012
I agree there as well. He went pretty harsh on him too, said he's not even sure how Murray is still in the NHL right now.
I would guess he's still here due to the stanley cups he's won? And only being 26? Seems like he kinda belongs here. Buuuut I guess we said that about Kevin Lowe too...

Reactions: McFuhryous

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
1st 2020, Neal, Lagesson for OEL
Kassian for Malgin and a 4th 2020
Klefbom and a 2nd 2022 for Murray and Korpisaalo

Although I worry more about losing Klefbom than losing Nurse. I feel the coaches and players would rather keep Nurse.....but losing Klefbom is more likely to implode the defense.

edit; Jones and a 2nd for Korpisaalo makes more sense for both maybe.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I'm down for Lazar-Chiasson swap.

Save about a million in capspace and get a 4C that is decent on the dot, is physical and can PK.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I would guess he's still here due to the stanley cups he's won? And only being 26? Seems like he kinda belongs here. Buuuut I guess we said that about Kevin Lowe too...

That's pretty much what he had alluded to...the two cup wins is keeping him afloat.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Lazar wouldn't displace anyone already here. Khaira, Haas and Nygard are all better options than Lazar.
None of them are clearly better.
It would add a cheap C option to the mix of players.
All have the tools but havent been more than 12/13th forwards thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->