Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | If OEL Gets Traded Here, Which Defensemen Get Dealt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
Carolina.

They got Neiderreider on the 4th line.
That would be a pretty big step up for us. Would Carolina do it just for the cap savings? We’d be adding over 3 mill but if he can play next to McD that would be a great deal for us.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Sounds like per Stauffer, Puljuarvi signs with Oilers then they trade Chiasson to Boston for Bjork.

Puljujarvi (1.25M) + Bjork (1.60) = Chiasson (2.15)

2.85 M - 2.15 M = +700k

Bjork-X-Puljujarvi

That seems like a lopsided swap to me, but I haven't paid much attention to Bjork lately.

Reactions: 780il

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Woodguy55 was on Lowetide's show. Had some interesting things to say.

Larsson, Bozak and Koivu were the three guys he thinks we should target as 3C

Also mentioned that there was nothing he could find that would make him think we should touch Murray as a goalie option.

What I liked about him is he used stats and some actual logic when talking about the various players.

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
I could see them moving Dzingel or Foegele.
Foegele is young, cheap, and outscored Nino last year. Dzingel scored about the same for 2 mill cheaper. If they’re actually playing Nino on the fourth line, there might be something there.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Woodguy55 was on Lowetide's show. Had some interesting things to say.

Larsson, Bozak and Koivu were the three guys he thinks we should target as 3C

Also mentioned that there was nothing he could find that would make him think we should touch Murray as a goalie option.

What I liked about him is he used stats and some actual logic when talking about the various players.

I would take Koivu for a year, but I have no idea what he has left. Team needs more vets.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I would take Koivu for a year, but I have no idea what he has left. Team needs more vets.
I don’t understand all the Koivu speculation, I’m fairly certain he asked not to be traded at the deadline and it was widely reported that if Min didn’t re-sign him he would go back to Finland and play then retire.

I’ve never heard anything from anyone credible that he’s even considering signing somewhere else in UFA

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think he'd be a decent add.

I guess the problem I see is why does he come here? It's not like we can afford to overpay him and if he is going to take a pay cut one would think it would be to chase a cup.

Reactions: gordonhught

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
That would be a pretty big step up for us. Would Carolina do it just for the cap savings? We’d be adding over 3 mill but if he can play next to McD that would be a great deal for us.

I'm not sure what they are thinking there. Dzingel and Neiderreider seems to have fallen out of favor there. Neiderreider is interesting because when he was paired with Aho he was almost a PPG player and has scored 20+ goals 3 times with Minnesota who isn't really an offensive machine of a hockey team. IMO, Neiderreider seems like the type of guy that could play with either Draisaitl or McDavid.

Dzingel seems like a really solid top 9 forward to me. Had two 40 pts season with Ottawa but never had the same success with Carolina but only has 1 yr left on his contract. Both players would be big improvements over guys like Khaira, Nyguard ect.

Also this:
Former Finnish teammate cheering for Puljujarvi | Edmonton Sun

Last edited:

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I don’t understand all the Koivu speculation, I’m fairly certain he asked not to be traded at the deadline and it was widely reported that if Min didn’t re-sign him he would go back to Finland and play then retire.

I’ve never heard anything from anyone credible that he’s even considering signing somewhere else in UFA

This is my thinking. He is 37. One team his entire career.

Why would he come up here on a cheap deal for maybe a year?

If he really really wants to play, he should just go back to Finland and play there.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Philly could be an option.

Giroux, Lindblom, JVR, Raffl, Farabee and Frost at LW.

Wouldn't be sexy, but Chiasson for Raffl gives you a similar player at $600k cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad