Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Gazzola: "hearing we may see PTO coming into camp"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
The ask on Laine starts with Nurse from the Oilers. Draisaitl and Mcdavid are too valuable, RNH is to close to free agency, Klefbom and Larsson we need. Nurse is the only valuable chip we can maybe spare. Nurse+1st+Yamamoto might get them talking. If we’re trading with Winnipeg I’d prefer to target Connor. Imagine this lineup:

Draisaitl-Mcdavid-Kassian
Connor-RNH-Neal
Nygard-Haas-Chiasson
Jurco-Cave-Russell
Khaira, Grandlund

Klefbom-Persson
Samorukov-Larsson
Russell-Benning
Manning/Lagesson

Koskinen
Smith

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Lol at these proposed trades for Laine. Patrik Fortnite doesn't get Draisaitls jock.

A package for Laine would start with Nurse and then have futures added from there.

Reactions: Raab

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Maybe because he hasn’t even shown much in the KHL?

Professional scouts say otherwise? So what. He tries out for the team. If he makes it, he likely makes us better. If he doesn't, no hit on our cap, no wasted contract.

There's no reason not to do this.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Creative but Winnipeg says no. Their window is now. They need a player who can contribute at a Laine level now. They keep Gallagher and make the trade without us however!
Their window is gone. Myers, trouba, buff, Hayes gone. They ain't going to better this year

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Who is/was more valuable as an RFA, Laine or Trouba? Based on the extension Trouba signed, it's pretty close, Laine maybe with a bit of an edge, not a heavy one.
I think the ask would be similar.
Trouba goes for top 4 upside player + 1st.
Laine would go for top 6 upside player + 1st. Or a replacement top 4 D + 1st. Maybe also a small pot sweetener.
Larsson + 1st + Yamamoto? Maybe some cap relief going too?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
The ask on Laine starts with Nurse from the Oilers. Draisaitl and Mcdavid are too valuable, RNH is to close to free agency, Klefbom and Larsson we need. Nurse is the only valuable chip we can maybe spare. Nurse+1st+Yamamoto might get them talking. If we’re trading with Winnipeg I’d prefer to target Connor. Imagine this lineup:

Draisaitl-Mcdavid-Kassian
Connor-RNH-Neal
Nygard-Haas-Chiasson
Jurco-Cave-Russell
Khaira, Grandlund

Klefbom-Persson
Samorukov-Larsson
Russell-Benning
Manning/Lagesson

Koskinen
Smith
Lmao.

Samorukov wont be anywhere near the NHL this year, despite the fact you think he's better than Nurse already.

Reactions: iCanada

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
with Laine, isn't he RW, so the reason he's not on the top line is that Wheeler is ahead of him. I suppose Laine might want to switch to LW, taking Connor's spot, but it seems that line was on fire last year.

But I bring this up because it seems like Laine could truly be traded. If they keep him, he may continue to slump without a great center.

But I doubt it'd be with us. Out east makes sense just to distance themselves from the situation. Montreal would be phoning every day.

Oct 15, 2008
Lmao.

Samorukov wont be anywhere near the NHL this year, despite the fact you think he's better than Nurse already.
giphy.gif

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I’m amazed at the Nurse hate by some of the guys on this board. He’s already a top 4 Dman and getting better. He’s a big, fast, tough player that will be deadly in the playoffs. The only way I’d trade him for Laine if it was 1 for 1 and An agreement was made to lock up Laine long term for a good cap hit.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I’m amazed at the Nurse hate by some of the guys on this board. He’s already a top 4 Dman and getting better. He’s a big, fast, tough player that will be deadly in the playoffs. The only way I’d trade him for Laine if it was 1 for 1 and An agreement was made to lock up Laine long term for a good cap hit.

Wait till Nurse has a career year and signs for $6.8M x 6 next summer. Some guys will be on suicide watch.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I am looking at it from the jets perspective

Last 3 years laine had 110 goals

Leon d? 104

It is when you look at assists leon breaks away

However, removing the 2nd assist closes the gap

What type of cracka lacka shit is this ? Draisaitl is better then Laine in just about every single category except hardest shot :laugh:.

Some peoples hockey knowledge man....lol

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

I am more amazed at how Benning suddenly has value to some people and how a guy who scored 104 goals over the past 3 season is a bum

Reactions: Raab

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I am more amazed at how Benning suddenly has value to some people and how a guy who scored 104 goals over the past 3 season is a bum

Apparently suggesting Nurse is the only logical piece to move for the guy who scored 104 in 3 seasons means we hate him. I don’t understand how people come to that conclusion when we’re talking about one of the best wingers in the game who’s also 3 years younger then Nurse.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I don't know that them being a small market is really the issue on hand.

The only really guy is Trouba, but he's had his mind set on New York for years.

Hayes and Myers probably could've been kept, but they aren't worth what they got.

Losing a drafted and developed stud D-man in Trouba is a pretty big issue in my opinion. And that's just one thing that's happened so far in that young franchises' history. More to come, more UFAs spurning them, more good players demanding out, more players demanding extra money to stay. It'll all add up eventually and lead to Oilers-like darkness soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad