Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Gazzola: "hearing we may see PTO coming into camp"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Calling Larson a legitimate top pairing defenseman is a bit of a stretch. His peak in his career has been a #3 guy, Chiarelli gambled he'd become a#2 and lost.

That's more a guy who can play on your top pairing than a legitimate top pairing defenseman.

With his injury history and only 2 years left on his deal if you can get a forward like Connor for him I think you do it.
His peak was absolutely a top pairing defenseman. That's the role he had in the three years I looked at and he was extremely successful while playing very tough minutes vs the best players on the opposition.

Reactions: McClelland

Rufus Aslegard

Jun 15, 2019
His peak was absolutely a top pairing defenseman. That's the role he had in the three years I looked at and he was extremely successful while playing very tough minutes vs the best players on the opposition.

Agreed. Larsson is the player to move.

Nurse, Klef, Russell - left side is fine

Bouchard, Benning, Jones is on the right.

Sink or swim for Bouchard, but Bouchard is no worse than Larsson at this stage.

Rufus Aslegard

Jun 15, 2019
That right side is terrible.

I'm no Larsson fan ... but that right side is terrible.

Yeah, you are right. More wishful thinking on my part.

I wonder if Oilers could fill a spot on the right side with a defensively responsible RHD. Older and maybe no upside, but good for a year.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007

That's the dumbest f***ing thing that's been posted here in ages.

Throwing Bouchard into the deep end is exactly how Schultz ended up where he did... Larsson is the perfect guy to do the heavy lifting while the kids figure out the NHL.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

I do not want to see Bouchard tossed into the grind of top pair minutes. That's how you totally screw over a prospects confidence and stall their development.

And Benning on the 2nd pair, ugh. Jones is questionable to even by a 3rd pair NHL D based on pre-season so far.

Rufus Aslegard

Jun 15, 2019
We should trade exactly 0 of our 4 acceptable level NHL defenders.

The group we have is probably not even good enough when everyone is playing.

Connor for Larsson?

Connor 66 points - 22 years old - RFA with rights for years.

Larsson? 15-20 points (maybe) 26 years old - UFA in two seasons.

No brainer to trade for Connor if you can get him for Larsson straight up.

Reactions: Consultant

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Connor for Larsson?

Connor 66 points - 22 years old - RFA with rights for years.

Larsson? 15-20 points (maybe) 26 years old - UFA in two seasons.

No brainer to trade for Connor if you can get him for Larsson straight up.

It's also a no brainer to trade Larsson for MacKinnon but they're about equally likely to happen.

Reactions: KYams17

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Nobody gives a **** about the Calgary Puck board.

Yeah, let them be. They finished 1st in the West last year, had career years out the ying yang, and their "stars" all sh** the bed. Mike SMith went Patrick Roy and they lost in 5 LOLL.

Only down from here. Giddeeee upp

Rufus Aslegard

Jun 15, 2019
It's also a no brainer to trade Larsson for MacKinnon but they're about equally likely to happen.

Watch Holland work his magic.

Kassian / Drai / McDavid
Connor / RNH / Neal

Nurse
Klef / Russell
Jones / Bouchard

Only hole is #1 RHD. This could be any warm body who can cover the front of the net on a consistent basis.

Benning is out, so you trade him along with a prospect and a pick for an aging RHD who can play for a year.

Larsson, Benning, B prospect and a pick for Connor and a decent aging RHD.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Benning is awful and if one of our up and comers cannot wrest a position away from him thus camp it says alot about us overvaluing our younger blue lines imo.

If you are going to have a #6 guy have a guy with more offensive upside that can help on the pp.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Watch Holland work his magic.

Kassian / Drai / McDavid
Connor / RNH / Neal

Nurse
Klef / Russell
Jones / Bouchard

Only hole is #1 RHD. This could be any warm body who can cover the front of the net on a consistent basis.

Benning is out, so you trade him along with a prospect and a pick for an aging RHD who can play for a year.

Larsson, Benning, B prospect and a pick for Connor and a decent aging RHD.

I find it funny that people think Larsson and RNH hold a ton of value, when Eberle with 2 years left on his deal returned Ryan Strome.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Benning is awful and if one of our up and comers cannot wrest a position away from him thus camp it says alot about us overvaluing our younger blue lines imo.

If you are going to have a #6 guy have a guy with more offensive upside that can help on the pp.

Benning is not really a big issue. If your number six defensman is the big issue on your team you probably need to upgrade your top four.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad