Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Gazzola: "hearing we may see PTO coming into camp"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Maybe on defense, someone like Michael Stone, but I doubt we see anything up front. Already plenty of competition.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Maybe on defense, someone like Michael Stone, but I doubt we see anything up front. Already plenty of competition.
Nurse misses any games and you will see a second pairing of Russell/Benning.

A third pairing of rookie/rookie.

How anyone thinks Larsson/Klefbom can cover for that is beyond me. That's if they stay healthy.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Nurse misses any games and you will see a second pairing of Russell/Benning.

A third pairing of rookie/rookie.

How anyone thinks Larsson/Klefbom can cover for that is beyond me. That's if they stay healthy.
Cause Michael Stone really isn't better than any of the above?

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
It amazes me how Nurse has tonnes of room to grow, but Benning who is less then a year older, and played 70
fewer games in the league couldn’t possibly improve from bottom pairing to a number 4

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
It amazes me how Nurse has tonnes of room to grow, but Benning who is less then a year older, and played 70
fewer games in the league couldn’t possibly improve from bottom pairing to a number 4

One has been steadily improving in some aspect every year, and has stepped his game up when given more responsibility.

The other has been doing well in a bottom pairing role but sinks in every aspect when elevated in the lineup.

Nobody says benning can't improve to a number 4, but putting him there now is stupid.

Don't you have your own thread to bitch about nurse in anyways?

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Is a healthy Stone on the 2nd pairing good tho?

It's an honest question btw. I don't follow him much. His stats look awful

I certainly wouldn’t object to it. He’d be playing with Klefa or Nurse, and he looked good on Arizona’s top pairing with OEL. When healthy, he’s a #4/5 who can play up the lineup

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I certainly wouldn’t object to it. He’d be playing with Klefa or Nurse, and he looked good on Arizona’s top pairing with OEL. When healthy, he’s a #4/5 who can play up the lineup
I would worry that OEL was carrying him. The question is how much worse he'd be without an OEL there, and how much worse he'd be after his injuries, and how much worse he be after simple aging since then.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
One has been steadily improving in some aspect every year, and has stepped his game up when given more responsibility.

The other has been doing well in a bottom pairing role but sinks in every aspect when elevated in the lineup.

Nobody says benning can't improve to a number 4, but putting him there now is stupid.

Don't you have your own thread to ***** about nurse in anyways?

Benning has only sunk when paired with one partner.(Who’s partners always look bad) When he was paired with Sekera for the playoffs he was fine. No reason to think he won’t be fine paired with Klefbom or Russell

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
It makes a lot of sense to actively be in on Faulk to a certain point. I just don't know what I would feel is too much right now.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Benning has only sunk when paired with one partner.(Who’s partners always look bad) When he was paired with Sekera for the playoffs he was fine. No reason to think he won’t be fine paired with Klefbom or Russell
I can’t wait to see someone debunk this with stats again and have you retreat and change the subject.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Except for the fact that Faulk is a free agent.

Like I’ve said before, that’s a GOOD thing.

If he plays well and wants to re-sign, great.

If he plays well and doesn’t want to re-sign, you can trade him at the deadline for a good package.

If he doesn’t play well, you don’t have a big cap hit stuck on your team for the next few years.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Like I’ve said before, that’s a GOOD thing.

If he plays well and wants to re-sign, great.

If he plays well and doesn’t want to re-sign, you can trade him at the deadline for a good package.

If he doesn’t play well, you don’t have a big cap hit stuck on your team for the next few years.
And like I've said, it's NOT a good thing to move a recent 4th overall draft pick for a player who has the ability to go wherever he pleases in such a short period of time. Even worse in a season where we aren't expected to make the playoffs.

Let's say the deal happens. Puljujarvi and a conditional pick. Faulk comes in gets gravy assignments with Klefbom, tons of PP and manages to replicate his 2019 campaign, but in the end the Oilers miss the Wildcard.

'I had a great time in Edmonton, but I'm an American-born player who loves playing on the East coast in a less hockey-mad market.'

Faulk goes to UFA on July 1st. We lose the asset for nothing.

What did get in return for a 21 year old Puljujarvi? A fourth overall draft pick. A rental in a year where we are expected to miss the playoffs.

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
And like I've said, it's NOT a good thing to move a recent 4th overall draft pick for a player who has the ability to go wherever he pleases in such a short period of time. Even worse in a season where we aren't expected to make the playoffs.

Let's say the deal happens. Puljujarvi and a conditional pick. Faulk comes in gets gravy assignments with Klefbom, tons of PP and manages to replicate his 2019 campaign, but in the end the Oilers the Wildcard.

'I had a great time in Edmonton, but I'm an American-born player who loves playing on the East coast in a less hockey-mad market.

Faulk goes to UFA on July 1st. We lose the asset for nothing.

What did get in return for a 21 year old Puljujarvi? A fourth overall draft pick. A rental in a year where we are expected to miss the playoffs.

I mean, you’re probably going to lose Pulju regardless.

And making the playoffs is never a bad thing. Especially since McDavid staying happy with a losing team is not a likely proposition.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I mean, you’re probably going to lose Pulju regardless.

And making the playoffs is never a bad thing. Especially since McDavid staying happy with a losing team is not a likely proposition.
How exactly are they going to lose Pulju?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
How exactly are they going to lose Pulju?

In a trade or otherwise not getting anything from him if he just stays in Europe.

Think of him as an asset to be used now, not as a future part of this roster.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
In a trade or otherwise not getting anything from him if he just stays in Europe.

Think of him as an asset to be used now, not as a future part of this roster.
Get back to me when he is 26 on the asset now stuff. May as well trade next years draft picks as well. Think of them as a now asset.

I'd agree if Holland didn't have six years to think about it.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Get back to me when he is 26 on the asset now stuff. May as well trade next years draft picks as well. Think of them as a now asset.

I'd agree if Holland didn't have six years to think about it.

I’d be shocked if he ever plays for the Oilers again. Too much has been said and done now. I think it’s pretty clear most of the Oilers don’t like him either.

Trade him for something to help the roster this year and keep 97 happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad