Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Chia's Quest For D and WINNING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Besides Stamkos, is there a right handed player with a good one-timer on the free agent market?

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
there is a pretty cool site called capfriendly.com where you can build a roster. It includes options to trade or buyout.

If the Eberle / Harmonic and Pouliot / vaatanen trades happen, we have a ton of cap space. I would also like to see RNH for Duchene + as RNH has not shown a lot of success with Hall / Leon. IMO, Duchene might be a better fit.

We could easily sign a guy like Okposo or Lucic for 6 mill and be fine capwise

Apologize if this seems crass, but yer dreamin' bud.

RNH for Duchene, zero chance. Literally none.

Eberle is for Hamonic is a bit of a toss up, although also doubtful.

Pouliot for Vatanen... personally I'd say no thanks and I haven't been parsing through the entire thread as digilently as possible, but this is the first I've even heard of a trade like that being suggested.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Are you guys forgetting that one of the reasons Stamkos is in this situation with Tampa is because Cooper has played him on RW? He wants to be a center. We don't have a need for him and we don't have 11M to toss around on a player we don't need. The only reason people are even talking about him is because he said McDavid was better than him already. He's never once said he'd like to play with McDavid. Never going to happen, move on.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Okposo? Not sure about his one timer but he has a good shot.

Probably slim after that though.

My YouTube scouting leaves me unimpressed. He seems to be a guy who gets some garbage, or he's coming in hot with a wrister. Not many one-timers, and the ones he scores on don't get off the ice. Vrbata's a good option scoring winger option, but he gets alot around the goal mouth and he has a tendency to go for the wrist shot and dust it off a bit rather than unleash a onetimer.

McDavid needs a weapon.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
My YouTube scouting leaves me unimpressed. He seems to be a guy who gets some garbage, or he's coming in hot with a wrister. Not many one-timers, and the ones he scores on don't get off the ice. Vrbata's a good option scoring winger option, but he gets alot around the goal mouth and he has a tendency to go for the wrist shot and dust it off a bit rather than unleash a onetimer.

McDavid needs a weapon.

Laine it is then!

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Yeah I agree. And the fact that both TM and Chiarelli are giving him praise for his last stretch of season is promising. That being said it could be positioning for a deal this year

But that deal seemed like perfect storm. Chiarelli basically had to make a big deal, missed on Hamilton (with a better offer), then had an army of past management in who were notorious pro Reinhart in his ear. I cnat imagine Chiarelli gives MacT any time of day now for deals. Or something like "Hey Craig, who should we trade for?!" *quickly crosses that name off list of targets*

Haha, that sounds about right. :laugh:

Its way to early to judge the trade. The basis of the trade is that we'd be getting a dman who should be NHL ready 3 years earlier then any dman we'd have taken in the 16 spot. So we'll see how Chabot develops, if he's in the NHL within another season or two and Griffin is still struggling then perhaps we say we lost the trade.

Absolutely. Hell, Barzal could turn into a superstar and I wouldn't care other than missing out on a good asset to trade.

Imagine how great it would feel to get Stamkos, not only because its Stamkos, but a free agent of his caliber choosing to come to Edmonton would finally wipe the stink off of all the rejections that started with Pronger a decade ago.

Plus it would be nice to tell the Oiler haters who love to point out the free agent issues Edmonton has had in the past to go stick it up their *****:handclap:

I'd just be absolutely tickled pink if we won the lottery and took Matthews right out from under the Leafs feet...then go and sign their savior too. ****, I'd probably die from hilarity.

Won't hold my breath, but man that'd be funny.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Besides Stamkos, is there a right handed player with a good one-timer on the free agent market?

Dan Boyle still seems to have a pretty good one-timer. But he's strictly a bottom pairing guy at this stage of his career.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
Apologize if this seems crass, but yer dreamin' bud.

RNH for Duchene, zero chance. Literally none.

Eberle is for Hamonic is a bit of a toss up, although also doubtful.

Pouliot for Vatanen... personally I'd say no thanks and I haven't been parsing through the entire thread as digilently as possible, but this is the first I've even heard of a trade like that being suggested.

Roy and Sakic seem to be pretty down on the leadership core. A target is squarely on duchene's back.

McKinnon is ready to be their number one center. RNH might be a better fit as a second line center for them.

I have heard zero rumours but it is not a stretch to think it could happen.

Tazer19

May 24, 2012
I'd much rather see a discussion about Duchene possibly making his way to the Oilers than Stammer. At least Duchene is remotely possibly. Stammer probably won't even leave Tampa. We'd also definitely be adding RNH + for duchene

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I haven't watched Okposo play much this year but he's gotten some pretty terrible reviews from Islanders fans. I've always viewed him as a fairly passive player who does not use his size very often and can go through long stretches of being invisible and it sounds like this was very much the case for much of this season.

If we move out some salary and want to dip into the free agency market for a winger, I would really hope we make a run at Loui Eriksson. He has similar numbers to Okposo, can score goals, and is very reliable defensively. I know getting "bigger" is the current mantra but if we could add Eriksson into our top 6, I'd be thrilled. He isn't going to crush anyone but I think he's a much better fit than Okposo or Lucic.

snowrunner*

Sep 15, 2006
Anyone think Oilers would do a Hall for Tyson Barrie deal??

Barrie would be the perfect power play QB we are looking for, he is a RFA and is looking at 6-7 million per yrs...

Perhaps replace Hall with Lucic via free agency??/

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Dan Boyle still seems to have a pretty good one-timer. But he's strictly a bottom pairing guy at this stage of his career.

Obviously would prefer something with less miles and a couple years on the warranty, but the markets thin. If there aren't any viable Top-9 forward options and he provides some McArtillery I wouldn't mind playing him in a 6th or dress-7-defenseman situation. He'd be a decent stop gap till we'd deal him at the trade deadline. Then hope we've filled it via trade or roll the dice on a better crop of free agent candidates.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta

Barrie would be the perfect power play QB we are looking for, he is a RFA and is looking at 6-7 million per yrs...

Dream-world trade that would shake up both teams and would never happen:

to Col: Hall, RNH, Nurse, Edm 1st 2016
to Edm: Barrie, Duchene, Landeskog

Follow-up with Eberle+ for Hamonic, Yakupov for something, sign Eriksson and we look pretty unreal.

Landeskog-McDavid-Eriksson
Pouliot-Draisaitl-Duchene

Sekera-Barrie
Klefbom-Hamonic

Ahh, dreams. :D

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge

Would have to be an add to Barrie but Id love to have him. The dream would be an OS that doesnt get matched.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
I think this well known. Watch Behind the Bruins during the Seguin trade (2:24)

Neely at :15 basically says he needs to be traded. I know Chiarelli at the end of the day makes the trade. But Neely was pushing for it and ultimately signed off.

Judging by Hamilton trade and 2015 offseason meltdown I think hes the main issue

There is a oart where one of the scouts says "remind you of anybody?" and everyone in the room seemed to sAY "YUP" ----i think they were hinting at Jumbo Joe. A guy who just doesnt pay the price. Seguin will never be that guy, the Toews guy or even Kane who will go into tough areas.

At the time...that Dallas offer was very good and THE ONLY team i could think of that could have taken the cap AND returned quality players to the Bruins of better value than Dallas was Edmonton. Eriksson (two way player, goal scorer, speed, good in corners, highly coachable and great off-ice), Smith (ended up being their #2 goal scorer), and prospects for -D Morrow. It was a good trade for them. Peverly was a cap dump added as well.

The Bruins didnt need a C...they were happy with Berg and Krejci as their top 2 and Seguin was not playing the wall and cycle strong enough to be a winger for them. That sums it up
it was a team deciding it wasnt allowing guys to cut corners. I am ok with that
It made sense at the time and again...not many teams could have countered that offer at that moment. Erikssons contract was great.

snowrunner*

Sep 15, 2006
Dream-world trade that would shake up both teams and would never happen:

to Col: Hall, RNH, Nurse, Edm 1st 2016
to Edm: Barrie, Duchene, Landeskog

Follow-up with Eberle+ for Hamonic, Yakupov for something, sign Eriksson and we look pretty unreal.

Landeskog-McDavid-Eriksson
Pouliot-Draisaitl-Duchene

Sekera-Barrie
Klefbom-Hamonic

Ahh, dreams. :D

Sekera Barrie pairing would be amazing until Nurse becomes top pairing guy..

Nurse and Barrie

Klef and Hamonic

thats a top 4..for the next 6 yrs

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I'd much rather see a discussion about Duchene possibly making his way to the Oilers than Stammer. At least Duchene is remotely possibly. Stammer probably won't even leave Tampa. We'd also definitely be adding RNH + for duchene

Duchene doesn't make any sense here. He's just more of the same. If we're trading a 6 million guy, it's got to be for some defense.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Idea of adding Duchene would be to pair him up with Hall... Not sure why Hall is going the other way..

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009

gives you the PP guy we need. We need a strong shot and intelligence on the PP, it will force teams to respect the point. Even a Bobo Mironov right now would be great. i could accept his dumb penalties just for that fear his shot would put into opposing PKers EVERY PP. Can you imagine a compact box pressuring the half way and McD just drops it back...floats it to a CANNON on the point who, because the opposition is collapsed...has all day to load that hammer?
Get a true threat back there and let the opposition pick its poison. McD and Nuge and Drais and pick them apart low or we can rapid fire CANNONS and crash the net.

In 2006 we got hot when we picked up Spacek in January. That gave us a point PP of Spacek and CP with one of them constantly on their off side so they were ready to zap bullets at the net.

I recall one time Souray telling the PP guys (you could hear it in the stands) to keep loading him with pucks at the point and that they then keep their heads up. "keep them honest" he said. So for that PP they sent pucks back and Souray made 4 bombs at head level in about 20 seconds. Keep the fear in those PKers. and all of a sudden that box really opened up. Too bad we had very little talent to use it. It doesnt matter if your coach told you to play a collapsed PK when you got Souray bombing you and your chance at surviving deep is nil. Guys quickly try to survive and get to that point rather than risk taking it at full flight high.

Last edited:

MPStoEberletoHall*

Landeskog + Barrie + Mcleod for Hall + RNH + Nurse.

Trade Eberle + for Hamonic
Trade Yakupov for Lazar
Trade Korpikoski + Fayne + 3rd round pick to Toronto for a 5th round pick
Sign Brouwer & D Boyle
Draft Laine

Laine-Mcdavid-Maroon
Landeskog-Draisaitl-Brouwer
Pouliot-Lazar-Kassian
Mcleod-Letestu-Hendricks

Klefbom-Barrie
Sekera-Hamonic
Davidson-Boyle

Size size size

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

Brouwer? Stewart?
Justin "wait for it" Fontaine?

Alberta born and small Ahler who has a very good shot according to the hockey news scouts who described him as "...a very good shot".

Bobby "won't flush" Farnham?

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Are you guys forgetting that one of the reasons Stamkos is in this situation with Tampa is because Cooper has played him on RW? He wants to be a center. We don't have a need for him and we don't have 11M to toss around on a player we don't need. The only reason people are even talking about him is because he said McDavid was better than him already. He's never once said he'd like to play with McDavid. Never going to happen, move on.

I like to think he'd make an exception to play on McDavid's wing :)

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011

No and no

Barrie isn't close to worth Hall even if he wasn't a pending FA. We can give less and get it done.

Also replacing Hall with Lucic is hilarious. Lucic's career high in points is lower than Hall's down season this year. He's big and mean, but he's half the player Hall is and will cost more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad