Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Chia's Quest For D and WINNING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
As someone who argued vehemently against signing Clarkson back in the day, and spent two years ripping Mactavish for even getting involved in trying to sign him; I'm someone who finds your comparisons to Clarkson's situation baffling.

As I pointed out, very different players, very different track records, and different ages. Yeah, he's going to be more expensive, but 6 - 7 million for a consistent 20 - 30 goal, 50 - 60 point, 27 year old top six winger -arguably the most intimidating power forward in the NHL on top of that- is about the going rate you'd expect that type of player.

I think we are comparing apples to oranges. Id be fine with 6M. I just dont think hell settle for anything that low. I think hell sign for 8M. And that, IMO, is a disaster

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I'd rather target Franson than Boyle. At this point their skating is about equal, but I'd sooner trust Franson to be an everyday player.

I'd have no issue with Nurse-Franson as a 3rd pairing next year getting softer minutes. Nurse's skating can cover for Franson's lack thereof, and I do like how having Franson with Nurse will force Darnell into more offencive situations. If Nurse is going to stay in the NHL, I'd rather see him not get purely pegged in a low end shutdown role with a guy like Fayne or Gyrba.

Sekera-______(Established 2 way RH defenceman)
Davidson-Klefbom
Nurse-Franson

Going in with Fayne in that open spot would be a failure, and it would likely be the ship sinking before leaving port. However it doesn't need to be a Pietrangelo, Weber, or Subban in that spot; you could have resonable success with a Hamonic, Myers, Petry, Stralman level guy in that spot.

This team has tons of scoring depth, let's get 3 pairings that can fully utilize that, rather than hinder it.

You know Franson is just a giant Adam Clendening with a slapshot, right?

Poor Nurse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino