Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Chia's Quest For D and WINNING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdperson

Mar 26, 2016
The ducks aren't worried about the cap at all. They're not near it. Vatanen doesn't need to moved, but its best for a budget team, especially with Theodore and Montour killing the AHL.

Ducks aren't worried about the cap but are also a budget team. Hmmmmm interesting, I wonder how that works.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
I think the biggest issue is more with the fans and being sold a bill of goods (#1 picks = high price). Its equivalent to your stock broker selling/advising you on stocks then them being overvalued and inevitably having to sell them next to nothing.

(Issue 2) Path of development:

People on these boards got laughed at for sending down RNH or Yakupov. Getting caught up in politically correct terms such as first overalls never get sent down. These lower leagues continually develop the player because there not a finished piece at 18 - far from it. Sometimes even Hall you wonder if a player could be sent down to the AHL after the draft had he benefitted from a good developmental system.

There was issues with teaching defense that many of the coaches have talked about.

(Issue 3) Leadership leading to Growth & Maturation

All high picks - never sheltered, never mentored, never having good decent leadership to guide them through.

I always thought you need veterans but your most talented veterans to be leading your young players on and off the ice. Shawn Horcoff, Ethan Moreau were nothing short of horrible mentors.

(Issue 4) Makeup of the team
Sometimes you can have great players but character or personalities or work ethics dont relate or mesh well.

The composition of just making a team out of great players doesn't inevitably mean that you created the right mix or attributes of players.

The untouchables are inevitably the most valued based on flexibility and ability to offer intangibles such as leadership, character and positive influence on other players.

None of us truly can say who is an untouchable at this point the positive affect of Maroon may make him more valuable then a Eberle.

To many people put to much stock into points/goals/assists and whether your giving that player to much leway because of talent over doing fundamentals right. As one coach told Ovechkin we want you to sacrifice goals if it means being more of a complete player. Its buying into team concept and player/team identity.

I will leave out who I feel is untouchable besides unquestionably Mcdavid - the others I don't know.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Lyon signs with the Flyers.

The quest for goaltending depth continues.

Still some interesting guys out there - Nick Ellis in Providence, Michael Garteig in Quinnipac, Cam Johnson in North Dakota - unless I missed those guys signing too.

CM4

Oct 31, 2013
Edmonton
Maroon - McDavid - Eriksson
Laine - RNH - Draisaitl

That's a top 6 I want to see next season.

Are we trying to draft 1st overall again? If Maroon is our first line LW and second line is a rookie what's the point of even trying to play the season. Plus Nuge will be injured at some point. Ericsson will struggle with this team and isn't playing for a contract anymore.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
That's literally the antithesis of what every other Ducks fan in here says. Can't take Eberle, too much money. Can't take RNH, too much money. Retain here. Take that dump back. If you ask me most are just grumpy at the Maroon return.

yeah, pretty much every ducks fan has been adamant that they cannot take back a lot of salary... they have been pretty consistent about that

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Some completely different trade ideas:

Hall + Oesterle + 2nd in 2016 for Lindholm + Ritchie
Eberle for Kessel
Yakupov + Reinhart + 2nd in 2017 for Slavin + Rask

Maroon - McDavid - Kessel
Pouliot - Nuge - 2016 1st
Ritchie - Draisaitl - Kassian
XXX - Rask - XXX

Klefbom - Lindholm
Sekera - Slavin
Davidson - XXX/Fayne/Gryba

Only issue I see is that Kessel has a NMC.
Not sure Anaheim would bite on that. I'm fairly unfamiliar with Ritchie's trade value. Maybe we could tack on a lesser piece?

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london

Eberle for Kessel

XXX - Rask - XXX

Klefbom - Lindholm
Sekera - Slavin

Not sure Anaheim would bite on that. I'm fairly unfamiliar with Ritchie's trade value. Maybe we could tack on a lesser piece?

why ebs for kessel?

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
why ebs for kessel?

I view it as a fairly lateral move. Similar contracts, similar points, but gives our roster a much needed shakeup.

If we are trading Hall and Yakupov for defense (which we should), then we need to fill a hole on the wing. And I think Eberle should be dealt, which means dealing him for a winger makes sense.

I think Pittsburgh would bite, too. They'd salivate at the thought of Crosby-Eberle.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008

Eberle for Kessel

XXX - Rask - XXX

Klefbom - Lindholm
Sekera - Slavin

Think we are super overpaying on the ANA deal, although I like Lindholm. Why are we feeding Anaheim a guy that will score 80 points with Getzlaf and Perry?

We have no reason to do Eberle for Kessel.

Think we should be aiming higher than Slavin for a Yak/Reinhart package. Would you pay a 1st and a 2nd for Slavin? I wouldn't. That's what Reinhart cost alone last year. Rask is good but we need to pay assets for D.

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013

Eberle for Kessel

XXX - Rask - XXX

Klefbom - Lindholm
Sekera - Slavin

Terrible depth on LW, and terrible value for Hall. The other deals are okay.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Think we are super overpaying on the ANA deal, although I like Lindholm. Why are we feeding Anaheim a guy that will score 80 points with Getzlaf and Perry?

We have no reason to do Eberle for Kessel.

Think we should be aiming higher than Slavin for a Yak/Reinhart package. Would you pay a 1st and a 2nd for Slavin? I wouldn't. That's what Reinhart cost alone last year. Rask is good but we need to pay assets for D.

Terrible depth on LW, and terrible value for Hall. The other deals are okay.

I think you are both underrating Lindholm.

See above justification for Eberle/Kessel swap.

Slavin is a personal favourite of mine. People will be talking about this kid next year.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
My version of blowing it up...

Hall + Nurse for Pietrangelo + Jaskin

Eberle (1m ret.) + Sekera (1m Ret.) for Hamonic + Lee

Yakupov + Letestu for Sheahan + Sproul

Draft Laine/Puljujarvi

Lineup

Pouliot - Nugent-Hopkins - Draisaitl
Maroon - McDavid - Laine/Pulj
Lee - Sheahan - Jaskin
Hendricks - Khaira - Kassian

Klefbom - Pietrangelo
Davidson - Hamonic
Reinhart - Fayne

Talbot

- This team doesn't get pushed around anymore, lots of size and defensive ability brought in up front but all players with offensive upside, still lots of true skill guys up front as well.

- Good balance of left and right on blueline, get that true #1 stud on D and a very good #2/3. One young guy and one Vet on each line to try and properly develop the kids.

Think these moves would totally shift the dynamics of the locker room.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta

Draft Laine/Puljujarvi

Lineup

Lee - Sheahan - Jaskin

Klefbom - Pietrangelo
Davidson - Hamonic
Reinhart - Fayne

Talbot

- This team doesn't get pushed around anymore, lots of size and defensive ability brought in up front but all players with offensive upside, still lots of raw skill up front though.

- Good balance of left and right on blueline, get that true #1 stud on D and a very good #2/3. One young guy and one Vet on each line to try and properly develop the kids.

Overpaying a lot for Hamonic/Lee.

Titsuple

Jun 23, 2009
edmonton
Wouldn't mind this

Lucic - McDavid - Laine
Hall - Draisaitl - Eriksson
Maroon - Nuge - Kassian
Hendricks - Khaira - Pakarinen
Letestu

Klefbom - Hamonic
Sekera - Burns
Nurse - Davidson
Pardy

Talbot
whoever

Eberle, Yakupov, Pouliot, Fayne, + futures for Hamonic and Burns???

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas

Eberle for Kessel

XXX - Rask - XXX

Klefbom - Lindholm
Sekera - Slavin

Lindholm is arguably Anaheim's most untouchable defenseman. For ***** and giggles though, any trade sending him to Edmonton would likely involve Draisaitl.

As for Ritchie, the Ducks are already thin on bonafide top-6 forwards. Bob Murray was rumored to have turned down Drouin for Ritchie, so his intentions are pretty clear: to add a scoring forward, not make a lateral trade.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Wouldn't mind this

Lucic - McDavid - Laine
Maroon - Nuge - Kassian
Letestu

Klefbom - Hamonic
Sekera - Burns
Nurse - Davidson
Pardy

Talbot
whoever

I like your optimism, but I think we would have to give up more to get that. Unless your futures include 1st rounders. Also, I'd be a bit worried about salary cap down the line, as Burns (if he resigns) and Lucic will be $$$$. Although we are giving away a big chunk of change in Fayne, Ebs and Pouliout, I would be shocked if we do not have to retain some of that Fayne contract.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Overpaying a lot for Hamonic/Lee.

Don't forget that Sekera is signed until 2019-2020 at 5.5. That contract will be baaddd by then. I'd be happy to get rid of it for a Hamonic's contract. Will give us more room to add UFAs while keeping the young core together.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Wouldn't mind this

Lucic - McDavid - Laine
Maroon - Nuge - Kassian
Letestu

Klefbom - Hamonic
Sekera - Burns
Nurse - Davidson
Pardy

Talbot
whoever

that's literally hoping for everything to go beyond erfect for Edmonton

and could they even fit all that under the cap

I would say no chance, in terms of both making those deals happen and getting the free agents, or being able to make the money work

that team is 100% making the playoffs and taking a gargantuan leap forward in every sense... one can dream lol

Titsuple

Jun 23, 2009
edmonton
that's literally hoping for everything to go beyond erfect for Edmonton

and could they even fit all that under the cap

I would say no chance, in terms of both making those deals happen and getting the free agents, or being able to make the money work

that team is 100% making the playoffs and taking a gargantuan leap forward in every sense... one can dream lol

Very tough but not impossible

Draft Laine (We will see april 30th)
Sign Lucic (5y x 6m)
Sign Eriksson (5y x 6m)
Trade for Burns (Pouliot + 1st 2017)
Trade for Hamonic (Eberle + Yak)

Who knows? Would be nice...

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada

Draft Laine/Puljujarvi

Lineup

Lee - Sheahan - Jaskin

Klefbom - Pietrangelo
Davidson - Hamonic
Reinhart - Fayne

Talbot

- This team doesn't get pushed around anymore, lots of size and defensive ability brought in up front but all players with offensive upside, still lots of true skill guys up front as well.

Hmmm. Interesting

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Hall-Draisaitl-Laine
Pouliot-McDavid-Maroon
Lucic-RNH-Kassian

The dream top 9. Perfect in all means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad