RUMOR: Deal possibly done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
OKAY WE HAVE CLARIFICATION

This comes from someone in the chat who e-mailed who I beleive is a news guy or something of that nature, for clarification of the news report. The Tampa fans either completely misunderstood or totally jumped the gun. This is what the e-mail reportedly says...

<spartyinmd> With the midnight oil apparently burning brightly, Lightning playerrepresentative Tim Taylor believes it could lead to a deal being reached, similar to thesituation during the lockout ten years
ago which ended after nearly 24 hours of negotiations. ""I went out and did a school visit and I just had a feeling thattoday was going to be a go, that we were going to get back on the ice,'' Taylor
said. ""I findit puzzling that they would be meeting all night and not come out with something. I think thisis it, that they will come out with a deal.''

False alarm guys...

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Bruins4419 said:
This was just said in the chat by someone who emailed the station. Take it for whatever it's worth:

With the midnight oil apparently burning brightly, Lightning player representative Tim Taylor believes it could lead to a deal being reached, similar to thesituation during the lockout ten years ago which ended after nearly 24 hours of negotiations. ""I went out and did a school visit and I just had a feeling that today was going to be a go, that we were going to get back on the ice,'' Taylor said. "I find it puzzling that they would be meeting all night and not come out with something. I think this is it, that they will come out with a deal.''

Thanks, bruins4419. So, Burke is right, nothing to report yet. :cry:

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
hey, no news is better than bad news.

remember, last week's meetings with the small groups had bad rumours emerging immediately afterwords. there've been NO negative rumours whatsoever up to this point, and i think that says something.

then again, maybe it doesn't, who knows.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
It's not as good as we thought, but at least the players are optimistic. A union rep on top of that!

Hahaha oh man, some guy is calling Taylor's house now. This is getting out of hand.

spartyinmd

Feb 2, 2005
Waffle Dave stealing my stuff :) It was me who emailed the sports director for WFLA NBC 8 in Tampa. I have the full email which is actually the contribution to an article in tomorrows Tampa Tribune if you need me to post it...the biggest thing is what Waffle and Bruins posted though

spartyinmd

Feb 2, 2005
Just joking with you man :D

According to the Tampa guys they put the entire webcast of the news on at about 1AM ET. I am reloading constantly to see if there was more to it.

silver_made*

feels like christmas eve. i can't sleep. anyone else feeling similarly?

Vomiting Kermit*

silver_made said:
feels like christmas eve. i can't sleep. anyone else feeling similarly?
Yeah, except I'm expecting no presents tomorrow. :(

KOVALEV10*

Man I HAVE A GUT FEELING THAT THERE INDEED WILL BE A REACH DONE BY TOMMOROW.. please god make this right... lets everyone from every team join together and pray :bow:

speeds

Feb 27, 2002
St.Albert
Visit site
spacelobster said:
the lockout is over, the announcement will be made tomorrow.

please don't ask for my source.

no asking for the source, but if you know that much, do you know who "caved" and what the rough details might be?

No need to get too specific, any details would be appreciated ...

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
spacelobster said:
the lockout is over, the announcement will be made tomorrow.

please don't ask for my source.
Hrmmmm, I trust you enough not to lie about getting information like this but I don't know weither to believe your source.

KOVALEV10*

Jason MacIsaac said:
Hrmmmm, I trust you enough not to lie about getting information like this but I don't know weither to believe your source.
Well if you dont believe his source.. then believe my gut feeling!! I believe there will be a deal done by tommorow and whenever I have a gut feeling I'm almost always right.. you wouldnt wanna hear what many of my gut feelings have come true... but if this one does then it'll be the best of all... god I hope im right :cry:

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I can't take anything seriously from someone with the name 'Spacelobster'. The deal sounds like something that you hallucinated.

I mean, really, 'Spacelobster'.... 'Sealobster' maybe, but definitely not 'Spacelobster'.

The Big Rig

Mar 9, 2004
KOVALEV10 said:
Well if you dont believe his source.. then believe my gut feeling!! I believe there will be a deal done by tommorow and whenever I have a gut feeling I'm almost always right.. you wouldnt wanna hear what many of my gut feelings have come true... but if this one does then it'll be the best of all... god I hope im right :cry:

me too!

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
StickShift said:
I can't take anything seriously from someone with the name 'Spacelobster'. The deal sounds like something that you hallucinated.

I mean, really, 'Spacelobster'.... 'Sealobster' maybe, but definitely not 'Spacelobster'.
SL is actually a respected poster on this site and would not make up something like this.

KOVALEV10*

Jason MacIsaac said:
I still don't know how this hsan't leaked out yet....I wish I knew an NHL player to ask.

What about sportsnet or tsn sites? Have they confirmed anything or at least have something about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad