RUMOR: Deal possibly done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
KOVALEV10 said:
Ok I just got off the phone. I dont know what to think.. he said even though it remains unclear of what exactly will come out of this, his sources make him believe that this luckout talk might continue for a very long time because there will be no season. He said that the 9 hours of discussion might just have been something to make you feel optimitick, which it should, but the truth, only thing left to do now is to announce the cancellation of the season. However both sides will try to negotiate for the last time tommorow, but if a 9 hour long meeting didnt do anything, tommorow's meating wont mean a whole lot. :cry:

I am not going to question your source, but there is no way I am going to be stupid enough to believe that they are meeting for 9 straight hours to "make us feel optimistic".

chiavsfan

Like people said, they could have went into the meeting yesterday, and gone

GB: You going to accept our cap?
BG: No sir
GB: Ok, go back to Toronto, I will make an announcement tomorrow

What did that take...15 seconds?

Not 9 hours. And remember, the last few meetings were all, F this and F that, and we wont do this, and there was no progress, and philisophical differences. And last night, what did you hear.........(insert crickets)....."we will meet tomorrow"

Zhackpot

Feb 20, 2003
Texas
Visit site
SabresInsider has broken so many top stories how can you not believe them?

They were first on the scene when Lindy Ruff's kid outgrew his skates.

How can we not believe this?

Oh and then when they go and quote that oh so knowledgeable Tim Taylor who is such a household name amongst hockey fans you just know it has to be true.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I am not going to question your source, but there is no way I am going to be stupid enough to believe that they are meeting for 9 straight hours to "make us feel optimistic".

damn straight.

ti-vite

Jul 27, 2004
tantalum said:
The HF staff have essentially had to confirm it is Bob MacKenzie every time he posts because posters never believe it. The site has a policy that your username can not be a current hockey personality unless you are indeed that hockey personality.

Scotty Bowman?

TexSen

Nov 20, 2003
Schaefer..Beer..mmmm
chiavsfan said:
Like people said, they could have went into the meeting yesterday, and gone

GB: You going to accept our cap?
BG: No sir
GB: Ok, go back to Toronto, I will make an announcement tomorrow

What did that take...15 seconds?

Not 9 hours. And remember, the last few meetings were all, F this and F that, and we wont do this, and there was no progress, and philisophical differences. And last night, what did you hear.........(insert crickets)....."we will meet tomorrow"

You have a career in writing suspense novels/screenplays my friend.

Seen Conspiracy Theory? JFK?

Solak

Dec 24, 2003
Rochester, MN
Visit site
I just wish someone knew what the hell is going on. I don't want to admit I'm desperate enough to be sitting here hanging on to any slim chance but I just want to know one way or another what is happening.

Jaysfanatic*

Zhackpot said:
SabresInsider has broken so many top stories how can you not believe them?

They were first on the scene when Lindy Ruff's kid outgrew his skates.

How can we not believe this?

Oh and then when they go and quote that oh so knowledgeable Tim Taylor who is such a household name amongst hockey fans you just know it has to be true.

He's also their player rep.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Zhackpot

Feb 20, 2003
Texas
Visit site
Devilsfanatic said:
He's also their player rep.......

Didn't mean to upset you there Timmy boy, but any player with half a brain and some business sense is left on the outside looking in because the NHLPA can't afford to have freethinking types infiltrate their inner circle and ruin things.

Why do you think those players who have been most vocal are not representatives?

Because they understand that a cap and making millions is still better than not playing and having their war chest run out. Or worse. Not playing in the NHL again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zhackpot

Feb 20, 2003
Texas
Visit site
chiavsfan said:
Hey TenSex...I also wrote a pilot on a soap opera for when they cancel the season...Maybe radio news isn't for me afterall

Hell radio news isn't for me yet I've been doing it for 10 freaking years now. :dunno: :)

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
19bruins19 said:
You don't need any proof. HF staff confirmed it. Is it that tough to understand, or is there a brick wall in your head? :joker:

WOW big surprise no deal made today, and I really thought all these "credible sources" were going to be right :rolleyes:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
jcab2000 said:
I'm right about two things this week. The Eagles are going to win the SB and there will be a CBA in place.

Don't quit your day job. I hope you aren't a psychic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad