RUMOR: Deal possibly done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
MrKnowNothing said:
Wait, that doesn't really make sense. Does that mean this "Eklund" fellow is behind SabresInsider.com?

Even if he is, I don't know how that coorelates with Tim Taylor on a Tampa news station, unless they generated the whole thing.

I am not defending Eklund or whoever said this in his chat room, but that is a pretty freakin' random thing to make up.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
waffledave said:
To clarify...

The "Internet Report" in the newsday article is indeed Eklund.

The Sabresinsider rumour does not come from Eklund. It was posted by someone who was in Eklund's chat room when a bunch of Tampa fans came in saying they saw Taylor on the news saying a deal was reached.

Ok, thanks. That makes sense.

Nothing's on the Tampa News website, but sometimes those things aren't updated with what was on the news that night.

Add: I'm not trying to suggest anyone made anything up.. I just hope we get another source on this.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Son of Steinbrenner said:
COME ON MAN!!!!!

can't you say you watched the news and he said it? ;)

i went to the website of station mentioned and there is nothing but who knows. :dunno:

Hey I'm checking message boards of people who might have watched the news tonight so its not like I'm not trying to find out. ;)

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
mudcrutch79 said:
Have you read his blog for the past three months? It's all random. And poorly spelled. And contradictory.

Well Waffledave said it was not Eklund but 3-4 people who came on at nearly the same time and said it was on the news.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Bruwinz37 said:
Well Waffledave said it was not Eklund but 3-4 people who came on at nearly the same time and said it was on the news.

Yeah. In fact, Eklund claims that this isn't true and that a deal has not yet been reached.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Why would those people lie about something on the news? I don't want to get overly optimistic just yet (of course, listening to Brian Burke is just like drinking flat soda right now........blech), but I can't imagine people reporting something like this, just for giggles.

The Jerk*

Lady Rhian said:
Why would those people lie about something on the news? I don't want to get overly optimistic just yet (of course, listening to Brian Burke is just like drinking flat soda right now........blech), but I can't imagine people reporting something like this, just for giggles.

hmmm..I like flat soda.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Well I have had enough for the night.

Lets keep the faith for tomorrow boys.

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
This was just said in the chat by someone who emailed the station. Take it for whatever it's worth:

With the midnight oil apparently burning brightly, Lightning player representative Tim Taylor believes it could lead to a deal being reached, similar to thesituation during the lockout ten years ago which ended after nearly 24 hours of negotiations. ""I went out and did a school visit and I just had a feeling that today was going to be a go, that we were going to get back on the ice,'' Taylor said. "I find it puzzling that they would be meeting all night and not come out with something. I think this is it, that they will come out with a deal.''

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Jason MacIsaac said:
I am flipping out right now. I dunno if I can go to bed now...I even have morning classes.

I have a test in a little over 8 hours. I don't know if I'll be able to sleep either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad