RUMOR: Deal possibly done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eSabre

Dec 14, 2002
Nashville, TN
3rdmanin.wordpress.com
SabresInsider.com has learned that the NHL and NHLPA have negotiated a new collective bargaining agreement and will announce as soon as tomorrow that the league will begin a 28-game season. According to sources, Tampa Bay Lightning player Tim Taylor has told NBC affiliate WFLA in Tampa of such plans by the league. This comes on the heels of a report from ESPN that an NHL owner expected the season to be officially cancelled tomorrow.
SabresInsider.com is currently working to confirm this story and will post any further developments as they become available.
http://www.sabresinsider.com/

This may not be an acceptable source, but can anyone in the Tampa Bay area confirm?

Reilly311

Someone else made a post in another thread saying Tim Taylor said a deal was done.

Crows*

I call BS. I am not getting excited until they are puting on the stupid hats.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
Hockeyfan02 said:
I didnt watch the local news tonight so I cant confirm it.
COME ON MAN!!!!!

can't you say you watched the news and he said it? ;)

i went to the website of station mentioned and there is nothing but who knows. :dunno:

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
I won't believe it till I hear from more than one person who can confirm this. THEN I want to know if they have audio/video proof of it and not just word of mouth or misquote. THEN I wanna see it come to fruition. Those are the next few steps it will take to convince me this thing is resolved. If one step is missing, the whole process becomes just more recycled rumour garbage. I don't think a season will happen as I've gone, in 2 weeks time, from 50/50 to 60/40 to 75/25 then back down to 25/75 where I stand now. But I'm holding out the hope that maybe the two big cheeses in this CBA lockout will save whatever of their credibility is left and get a good deal for both sides, but more importantly, hockey! 28, 30, 32 game season, whatever. For the Crosby sweepstakes I agree with an idea posed earlier to rank the lottery order based on combined point totals from a shortened season and 03/04.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Apparently the news on that site comes from what was said in Eklund's chatroom, so take it with a grain of salt.

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
Crows said:
I call BS. I am not getting excited until they are puting on the stupid hats.

LOL, think they'll be trucker hats this time since they have recently become popular?

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
It better not come from his site. Gosh, he's not your average blogger. He comes up with false rumours more productively thsan Strachan and this time it plays with people's emotions. He is really just being a jackass if he's behind this new rumour.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
If it makes you feel any better, it doesn't come from Eklund. At one point, 3-4 Tampa area fans joined the room within 10 minutes all saying that Tim Taylor said the deal was done.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/ny-spnhl0204,0,2975511.story?coll=ny-sports-headlines

With all the action behind closed doors, rumors emerged throughout the day. They ranged from an ESPN report citing an anonymous owner saying the season would be dead within 48 hours, to an Internet report revealing an e-mail from Goodenow on the union's private Web site promising the players he wouldn't leave New York until there is a deal.

What internet report is newsday talking about? Could it be ~gulp~ Eklund?

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Wait, that doesn't really make sense. Does that mean this "Eklund" fellow is behind SabresInsider.com?

Even if he is, I don't know how that coorelates with Tim Taylor on a Tampa news station, unless they generated the whole thing.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
To clarify...

The "Internet Report" in the newsday article is indeed Eklund.

The Sabresinsider rumour does not come from Eklund. It was posted by someone who was in Eklund's chat room when a bunch of Tampa fans came in saying they saw Taylor on the news saying a deal was reached.

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
waffledave said:
To clarify...

The "Internet Report" in the newsday article is indeed Eklund.

The Sabresinsider rumour does not come from Eklund. It was posted by someone who was in Eklund's chat room when a bunch of Tampa fans came in saying they saw Taylor on the news saying a deal was reached.

well that's good...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad