Player Discussion Rudolfs Balcers - LW

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Worst One

Who wants to die?
Oct 5, 2017
I've solved the mystery of pronouncing his name, it really is "Baltsers" you can hear the Latvian play-by-play guys say it twice around 40 seconds in

Furthermore, if you guys know Italian, check out words liks "ragazza", "collezione and "pizza". If the Italian "zz" and "c" sounds are similar to the English "ts" sound, we've definitely solved the mystery.

Last edited:

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
There you go, have at her haters:

It's about time that PD started listening to us posters in HFSens :sarcasm:

Now please DJ, get him some ice time. No sense sticking him on the 4th line with Sabs and giving him 8 minutes of ice. Hottest player in the AHL doesn't need to sit.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
It's about time that PD started listening to us posters in HFSens :sarcasm:

Dorion is in a lose-lose situation with HF fans. If he does not call up and "reward" the young guys he will be accused of mis-handling our prospects and destroying their confidence.

If he calls up the players who are doing well in Belleville he is going to get accused of two things: 1. He is rushing their development and 2. He is ruining the tank!

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Dorion is in a lose-lose situation with HF fans. If he does not call up and "reward" the young guys he will be accused of mis-handling our prospects and destroying their confidence.

If he calls up the players who are doing well in Belleville he is going to get accused of two things: 1. He is rushing their development and 2. He is ruining the tank!
This was the right move, so I applaud PD. Balcers has nothing left to prove in the AHL.

But really, all I want is for the coach to not ruin what Balcers has going right now. If/When Balcers goes back down you don't want his confidence to be shot. Give the guy some quality linemates and some ice time.

Last edited:

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I wasn't accusing anyone of anything. Thus the sarcasm emoji. This was the right move, so I applaud PD. Balcers has nothing left to prove in the AHL.

But really, all I want is for the coach to not ruin what Balcers has going right now. If/When Balcers goes back down you don't want his confidence to be shot. Give the guy some quality linemates and some ice time.

I know, I quoted your post because it was relevant but I did not mean to imply that you are one of those posters (or are you.....).

Reactions: BatherSeason

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Was looking forward to his call-up, he should fit right in on the 2nd line. I'd go with something like:

Tkachuk - Pageau - Duclair
Balcers - Anisimov - White/Brown

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I remember towards the end of last year when this guy started to heat up and was making some beauty individual plays. He definitely has strong top 6 upside. Hopefully he fulfills it. Would be big for this team's future to get a top 6 guy out of him.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I guess he's earned a promotion but so have Batherson and Abramov. I actually wouldn't mind leaving them all in Belleville. They're only four points out of first place and could go far in the playoffs. I expect all three to be NHL regulars next season.

He’s got 24 points and +17 after 19 games I’m not sure he has much to learn in the AHL anymore. The scary part is they have 5 guys that could be ready next year, they might as well try to make sure they are not all complete rookies. At some point we might end up moving some young guys and regretting it.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
He’s got 24 points and +17 after 19 games I’m not sure he has much to learn in the AHL anymore. The scary part is they have 5 guys that could be ready next year, they might as well try to make sure they are not all complete rookies. At some point we might end up moving some young guys and regretting it.

I can’t think of any young player PD has moved that I regret moving along.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I can’t think of any young player PD has moved that I regret moving along.

Well we have not really lost too many over the years it would suck having to move anyone without even getting a proper look but there is starting to a log jam of first year maybe guys.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Was looking forward to his call-up, he should fit right in on the 2nd line. I'd go with something like:

Tkachuk - Pageau - Duclair
Balcers - Anisimov - White/Brown
Poor Nick Paul, 3 goals in 2 games and gets pushed to the 4th line if Balcers is top 9.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Zibanejad?

Kinda. All his teams suck, and I’m a big believer that winners win and there’s a group of talented players (Duchene, Oli Jokinen) who are always on underachieving teams. They do everything you’d want in a hockey player skill wise, they just don’t ever play on winning teams.

But the trade wasn’t great, that year with Brassard was amazing, so no regrets

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I guess he's earned a promotion but so have Batherson and Abramov. I actually wouldn't mind leaving them all in Belleville. They're only four points out of first place and could go far in the playoffs. I expect all three to be NHL regulars next season.

Balcers to me was the guy coming up first. He made the team out of camp for starters but apart from that, the team really needs him to play these last 40 games and go in to next year with 80 NHL games under his belt and a 4th year pro. Too big a log jam of kids....they have to find ways to make men out of the kids kinda thing....balcers is up to stay (unless he sucks) and he'll be an "experienced" guy next season

Reactions: OD99

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Before San Jose's implosion this season I thought Balcers would end up being the best piece Ottawa got back in the Karlsson deal. He's looked dangerous since his original call up last year, reminds me a bit of Havlat.

Grummbles

Nov 11, 2016
Near Napanee Ontario
So Balcers has been the benefactor of playing with the B-Sens best players. Hes been playing really good positional hockey and has been rewarded in doing so with a great point streak. Hes not a "do it yourself" kind of forward who is independently dominant. My fear is that will get squandered with being shoved on a un-productive 4th line and we wont get to see what we have in Belleville. DJ has been good at rewarding guys so I hope he moves up some lines quick so we can really see what hes made of. Perhaps winger White has a job to lose?

Last edited:
Reactions: NB613 and Ed Wood
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad