Player Discussion Rudolfs Balcers - LW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Balcers keeps the season-long point streak going with 1 point today and 2 points yesterday, keeping his 1.5ppg pace at 18pts (6+12) in 12 games.

What a pleasant surprise this guy's season has been so far. Between him, Norris (who is quietly having a promising rookie pro season), and the 1st round pick that painful Karlsson trade isn't looking as bad as it used to.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Balcers keeps the season-long point streak going with 1 point today and 2 points yesterday, keeping his 1.5ppg pace at 18pts (6+12) in 12 games.

What a pleasant surprise this guy's season has been so far. Between him, Norris (who is quietly having a promising rookie pro season), and the 1st round pick that painful Karlsson trade isn't looking as bad as it used to.

The trade hasn’t changed - we just have more info on the reality of where EK’s game is and some finer focus on the assets we received including Demelo and CT too.

The Worst One

Who wants to die?
Oct 5, 2017
I know that I'm the biggest Rudy fan in this forum, but I honestly think he will become the cornerstone of this franchise.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I know that I'm the biggest Rudy fan in this forum, but I honestly think he will become the cornerstone of this franchise.

I hope so as well, and I think the team hopes so too which is why they aren’t rushing him back. Let the kid win a little and be a star.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Balcers and Batherson may be the two best players in the AHL

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
He lead SJ's farm team in points as a rookie in the AHL... handily. Second next person had 10 less points and 3rd person had almost 20 less points.

In NHL following year he showed top 6 ability and scored a very respectable 14 in 34 NHL games with most coming in latter half of the season. He def has the ability to be a strong top 6 scorer in NHL. This didnt come out of left field. im happy hes continuing his trajectory though.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Yeah and his points and goals pace as an AHL rookie were lower than Norris' right now, who is playing his rookie season at the same age Balcers did. His point streak was almost broken on Wednesday's game against Utica but he managed to pick up an assist in the final minute of the 3rd period to give the B-Sens a chance to tie it.

Also anyone know how this guy's name is pronounced? The AHL play-by-play guys say it like "Balzers" but I thought the "c" in Latvian is more like a "ts" sound in English.

Reactions: NB613

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yeah and his points and goals pace as an AHL rookie were lower than Norris' right now, who is playing his rookie season at the same age Balcers did. His point streak was almost broken on Wednesday's game against Utica but he managed to pick up an assist in the final minute of the 3rd period to give the B-Sens a chance to tie it.

Also anyone know how this guy's name is pronounced? The AHL play-by-play guys say it like "Balzers" but I thought the "c" in Latvian is more like a "ts" sound in English.

BALLER

Reactions: SABUMANIA

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa

Oh no, this isn't another Stan Neckar (Nesscash) situation is it? Having Boroweicki (Borvee-ettski) is bad enough. Why don't letters mean anything? Letters should mean something people.

The Worst One

Who wants to die?
Oct 5, 2017

It is Balcers. It isn't a "ts". Nor is it Balzers. Just call him Rudy and call it a day.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
I've solved the mystery of pronouncing his name, it really is "Baltsers" you can hear the Latvian play-by-play guys say it twice around 40 seconds in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad