Jun 14, 2013
5fb1805adf553317c286d5f5_1115-buf-pred.jpg

Icethetic predictions

Reactions: SabresFan26

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I have a question: Do they bother doing focus groups or surveys to see what people want? Seems like if you are trying to create something people want to buy it might be a good idea. I have no idea how it isn't a goat's head in blue and gold with butter knives on the shoulders because I think that's basically what everyone seems to want.

Reactions: Sabre the Win

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I have a question: Do they bother doing focus groups or surveys to see what people want? Seems like if you are trying to create something people want to buy it might be a good idea. I have no idea how it isn't a goat's head in blue and gold with butter knives on the shoulders because I think that's basically what everyone seems to want.
Too authentic...

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

They seem to be sticking with more of a former third jersey with a new color scheme.

A jersey with the AGH as the crest and the butter knives as the secondary logo never happened before.

If they were going to take a previous 3rd jersey and remake it with the RB&G color scheme, this is the one to pick, IMO.

I just hope it doesn't have the gray at the bottom.

Reactions: jc17

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Right? Why not give the generation of young Sabres fans the logo in which I grew up watching Hasek, Drury, Briere, Peca and Barnaby to name a few play in. It was also the Jersey we did the best in, the mid 90's and 98 was a memorable time as a young Sabres fan. I haven't felt that since after 2000. In those times I feel like we were always good but not good enough and languished as a bubble team even tho we wore the goat head til 2006, it's still when the Sabres were good. The knives as alternative should have been shoulder patches since they weren't a staple main Jersey.

My first attendance at 7 to see the Sabres they were wearing those goat head jerseys. Also around the time when I started to really watch.

The goat head has more meaning to me then the original Jersey logo even tho it is awesome especially in Royal Blue.

Last edited:

FormerSabresFan

Sep 14, 2015
I love it!

But then, I loved the original red butter knives too, lol.

Going to be awesome to see Eichel wear that...I also think we'll at some point see a blue/gold goathead jersey 3rd...and that it will be glorious.

Reactions: Vito_81

Bferra13

Apr 7, 2019
Man, I'm not sure if I like it or not. Can't put my finger on it, but something looks off with it on that dude walking. Will probably look better as a a whole on the players I guess.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
NHL Reverse Retro

It's funny how the remix of some jerseys I hated actually look good to me. The St. Louis jersey is the prime example of it for me.

And I get why people like the Avs jersey. But, the lack of powder blue hurts it for me.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
There's some clear winners and losers and a bunch of meh for me in the reverse retro jerseys. My favorite is Montreal. Really striking. I also put the Whalers, Nordiques, Sabres, Blues, Devils, Kings in the winners category.

Not a fan of the Jets, Red Wings, Rangers, Leafs, Flyers, Ducks, Vancouver, Arizona ( and I always liked the Picasso logo)

The rest are pretty good. I'm having a hard time seeing what's so reverse retro in some of them, but they're fine.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
If you can't tell by my choice of avatar, I'm all in on these. It's a little distrubing that we appear to have priced ours higher than most other teams though.

As for the rest of the league, I think Colorado, Arizona, Ottawa, Carolina, Anaheim, and Chicago are all amazing. I like Montreal & Vancouver too, but I was really hoping the Canucks would reverse retro this jersey:

125935669_712671606314426_5405887471132738143_n.png

Bones Malone

Game Player
Oct 22, 2010
Buffalo
It's just as tacky as all of the fan made renderings over the years. Bleurgh.
Yup, I feel the same way.

We should have went with 40/50 anniversary jerseys as our 3rd/4ths imo. Although that wouldn't have been the money grab the league was looking for.

Bones Malone

Game Player
Oct 22, 2010
Buffalo
I'll have to see it in action. But just seeing that pic.....the main butterknife logo looks too far down on the front. Like the "C" is too big and it's pushing the logo down weirdly...........
I see it too. Hopefully with pads on it brings everything up a touch.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Feels like there's just too much going on. I love the colors, obviously, and the old alternate logo...but we could have done without the "BUFFALO" stripe on the bottom and/or the shoulder goat heads. It's not like the NHL isn't gonna roll up new throwbacks in two years anyways, we didn't have to try and cover everything on one jersey.

With that said, I'm obviously going to be getting myself a Reinhart one for an early XMas.

WiHockeyGuy

Jan 6, 2017
The Dairy State
Now I can't unsee the logo sitting "too low"....

Regardless, I like them. Don't love them. Like them. The BUFFALO at the bottom is totally unnecessary. I love the AGH shoulder patches. Colors are great as well but, man, I'd love to see the franchise actually embrace the red and black color scheme again. Not as a primary, but for something like this.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The Hater’s Guide To The NHL’s Reverse Retro Jerseys

What does this jersey have in common with the 1990s sitcom Friends? It has the core of something blandly enjoyable that is stretched out way too long. This logo remains excellent, and even if it were wasted on the inoffensive white primary backing, this would be an above-average jersey. But it keeps going through the deranged choice to put the word “Buffalo” way at the bottom and into some—yes, look close, it’s there—grey piping underneath what ought to have been a border. Art is about knowing when to quit and not making Ross and Rachel break up for the ninth time.

That made me laugh.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 2