Series Discussion Round Two: Dallas Stars vs. Colorado Avalanche | STARS WIN 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Bishop is a temple now in ruins. It has to be Khudobin. Please, hockey gods and Dallas coaches. Hoping against hope.

More off of the OT: All modern cars are fugly. Gas, diesel, hybrid, e, no matter -- all of them are fugly. It's the tacky X-nose. It was kewl in F1 cars in the nineties. Then Hyundai started doing it. Now it's spread into Jaguars and Aston Martins, for cripes sake. The bastions of good gentlemanly style. Volkswagen of all marques resisted it but their Audis and Lambos have already succumbed.

Reasonable question: why do you put a fog light in a brake cooling intake? (That's when the intake isn't false just to fool the car buyer.)

I think Khudobin is the best bet against a speed team like the Avs. Start bishop in the next round.

Reactions: Stubu

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Sure it was not 100% on bishop. But it was really close to that. Dallas lost by 3 and he gave up 4 in about 10 minutes. If those were all saved or at least 3/4 stayed out of the net Dallas would have played a different game. It got out of hand cause he let in goals where dobby would have saved them.
It got out of hand because Dallas played like shit. Yes most of those 4 were stoppable but you don't think the Avs also play differently without a 5goal lead?

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I think Khudobin is the best bet against a speed team like the Avs. Start bishop in the next round.
Bishop takes... snowfall? He does not. Start Dobby, worry about the Floridans when you get to that bridge.

self-edit: ah, that's what you said, indeed

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
It got out of hand because Dallas played like shit. Yes most of those 4 were stoppable but you don't think the Avs also play differently without a 5goal lead?
Stars played like shit but modern cars are also shit, you can't deny that.

In other news, it's probably too late to trade the BS -R first line for a bag of pucks. For once Sekera wasn't to blame.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Stars played like shit but modern cars are also shit, you can't deny that.

In other news, it's probably too late to trade the BS -R first line for a bag of pucks. For once Sekera wasn't to blame.
Actually modern cars are very good, the (good) technology that's fitting inside today's (good) constraints is impressive. They just look like shit.

I like how we're now allowed to say shit, ass, perkele, f***, and other cuss words. It's a playoffs thing?

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Actually modern cars are very good, the (good) technology that's fitting inside today's (good) constraints is impressive. They just look like shit.

I like how we're now allowed to say shit, ass, perkele, f***, and other cuss words. It's a playoffs thing?
Idk if I'd say they even look like shit, some obviously but it's not like "old" sometimes confused for "vintage" cars were all that a esthetically pleasing either. Especially among the more common cars on the road.

Also like how they've reduced the stupid word filter hopefully it isn't just a PO thing. Profanity filters are f***ing stupid

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
The filter changed like a year ago and is here to stay

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
The x-nosed cars still look like ass and the Stars are still playing too random to get them through R3, Miro or not. Ugh.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I shouldn't have brought up the car issue here. I await punishment. However, they started.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
The momentum would have been entirely something else in a tie or lead situation. Maybe next game then...

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I reckon I accidentally insulted someone's new car. That wasn't my meaning. I should apogolosize.

Reactions: Satan

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Let’s go boyyys

I don’t care who’s in net, Greens gotta play better and finish this series
I don't blame the old timers but Hintz needs to get his head out of his ass and play better.

I'm secretly hoping the oldies but goldies in the first line awaken from coma. They have shown some bursts of sudden activity. Here's a-hopin'.

(I should say I'm a semi-bandwagoner through a landscape of Minny, Carolina, Montreal, mostly, but who isn't stopped by Miro)

Reactions: Magic Mittens

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Seguin has 2 goals in 14 games and is 73rd in playoff points. He's currently the most underachieving player in the entire playoffs. It's amazing we've made it to a 2nd round game 7 when our #1 center and best scoring option is one of the worst players on the ice every night.

Game 7 would be nice for him to break out but I'm not holding my breath.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
i highly doubt there's anything left in the tank. seemed like the first period of game 6 they chased every hit they could land, and when they lost the lead there wasn't any juice left to work at getting it back.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I'm still more optimistic now then I was coming into this series. Landeskog played a total of 16 seconds after going down and they still got a third stringer between the pipes. Colorado is banged up everywhere and quite vulnerable, no excuses for game 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad