Series Discussion Round Two: Dallas Stars vs. Colorado Avalanche | STARS WIN 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I kind of hoped the game would be late so i could have an excuse to sleep through it and see later if they somehow found a way to win or chocked but now that its early i can't do that ...

Last edited:

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
Avs fan here. Just want to say I don’t think either fan base feels really good about this series. I am not under the impression that Dallas has no shot at this. I was worried being up 2 goals with 3 minutes left in game 6.
You guys are hard to play against, have been for a while for us.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
Let me just add this. If the Canucks win and advance I would rather lose to you guys and not have to read 1400 pages about how Q. Hughes is elite vs our 3rd string AHL caliber goalie. Completely selfish on my part admittedly.

If we were healthy I would love nothing more than to dominate the Canucks purely because I cannot stand their fan base.

That all being said, good luck tomorrow! (Easier said while I am under control of my emotions).

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Let me just add this. If the Canucks win and advance I would rather lose to you guys and not have to read 1400 pages about how Q. Hughes is elite vs our 3rd string AHL caliber goalie. Completely selfish on my part admittedly.

If we were healthy I would love nothing more than to dominate the Canucks purely because I cannot stand their fan base.

That all being said, good luck tomorrow! (Easier said while I am under control of my emotions).

This is exactly why I hope Vegas wins that series. Lol. Nothing worse than being an outnumbered fan base on these boards and having to read the garbage they put out constantly

Makar >> Hughes. Idc what Hughes does it's just obvious when watching these 2 players imo. Idk he just doesn't impress me as much as he gets hyped up. Finds a way to produce tho and is still really good but like I said idk. Maybe it's just cause he's been playing against heavy forechecking/hitting teams when I've watched him most of the time

Reactions: Outbreaks

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
There are a few whiners on the Avs board that give all Avs fans a bad name. Still bitching about the Stars diving, Esa's goal, bad calls against them, etc.

For all both sides complaining it hasn't really mattered as both made it to do or die. Game 7.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I kind of wrote the Stars off in the first round tbh so anything here is extra hockey and blowing the lead wouldn't bother me much. The Bishop start was a risk but would have looked great if it worked. If they can't wing game 7 it would be disappointing but eh.
I just hope there's an honest review by management and that they don't let Bishop's terrible outing be some sort of excuse. Bishop trying to play when he actually wasn't fit to play wasn't the reason there is a game seven.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
If you believe Shapiro, losing this one will be the almost definite end to the Jamie Benn era, and the probable start of a rebuild around Miro, DG, Rope, Otter, Robinson, etc. Not that they will be able to jettison all the old guys at once, just a realization that this core didn't get it done from 2013-2020. 7 years is probably enough time to decide that, eh?

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Avs fan here. Just want to say I don’t think either fan base feels really good about this series. I am not under the impression that Dallas has no shot at this. I was worried being up 2 goals with 3 minutes left in game 6.
You guys are hard to play against, have been for a while for us.

I just want to see a good game. No excuses from whoever loses, and the best team win!

Good luck!

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I just want to see a good game. No excuses from whoever loses, and the best team win!

Good luck!

Yes, the two other 7th games, coming back from a 3-1 deficit, and a good game would soothe Stars fans feelings a bit, if they lose. Right now, we are pretty down about the whole thing, but if either PHI or VAN also wins the 7th, at least we will have company in the biggest loser club.

Reactions: Kcb12345

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
If you believe Shapiro, losing this one will be the almost definite end to the Jamie Benn era, and the probable start of a rebuild around Miro, DG, Rope, Otter, Robinson, etc. Not that they will be able to jettison all the old guys at once, just a realization that this core didn't get it done from 2013-2020. 7 years is probably enough time to decide that, eh?
Wow! Didn't know that. If that's the case, then I'm definitely torn on this game.

Reactions: Kipper 17

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Curious where he mentioned that

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Yes, the two other 7th games, coming back from a 3-1 deficit, and a good game would soothe Stars fans feelings a bit, if they lose. Right now, we are pretty down about the whole thing, but if either PHI or VAN also wins the 7th, at least we will have company in the biggest loser club.

I am a Stars fan, and as much as it sucks the Avs came back, it is what it is now, and if we end up losing I at least want to see 100% from our team

I don’t care about the other series lol

Reactions: JeffP

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
I don't have to squander a game hitting refresh in IKEA while goosing my wife down the path toward the checkouts. Optimism is finding out how a 3pm start benefits you. LGS/etc :D

Let's Do That Hockey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad