Series Discussion Round Two: Dallas Stars vs. Colorado Avalanche | STARS WIN 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Very little chance that Dallas doesn't have a B2B against Colorado, and you have to doubt Bishop will be available. Also very likely to never have more than 1 day of so we'll probably see 3 games in the first 4 days of the series.

Khudobin has NEVER been a starter. It's something to think about this series, and maybe you can make the argument that Talbot wore down after trying to play this full schedule.

I can't imagine playing Oettinger in a B2B is the right decision. That feels like a bad call, but I think it's something you talk about.

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Very little chance that Dallas doesn't have a B2B against Colorado, and you have to doubt Bishop will be available. Also very likely to never have more than 1 day of so we'll probably see 3 games in the first 4 days of the series.

Khudobin has NEVER been a starter. It's something to think about this series, and maybe you can make the argument that Talbot wore down after trying to play this full schedule.

I can't imagine playing Oettinger in a B2B is the right decision. That feels like a bad call, but I think it's something you talk about.

Oettinger won't see a minute of ice time unless its an Avs blowout and they want to save Dobbi some pain.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
If Dallas has any chance to win, we'll need Bishop back and him playing well. A small goalie like Dobby will get lit up by Colorado.

Exactly what I was thinking. We're better than the Coyotes, but we need a goalie that can carry like they had if we even stand a chance against Colorado. Bishop needs to come back or its gonna be a short series

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
I could see Dallas throwing the body around a little on this one. Obviously pound for pound they don't match up well but they're a big team. If there was ever a series to just let Benn loose to shenaniganize at will it would probably be this one.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Maybe it's all been a ploy to keep Bishop healthy so he can destroy Colorado

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Well i would hope they are better now than in the horrid round robin. Avs are the favorites but i think they can win .

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I can't see a valid reason why NBC wouldn't want doubleheaders each day, and instead trying to fit in 3 or even 4 games just to have a b2b.

I completely agree, but I also don't know why they ever would've wanted 3 games on the same sheet of ice in one day when it was completely avoidable. One OT and the whole thing goes to shit. The decisions they've made thus far have been pretty baffling when there are very easy answers right in front of them.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
One positive of playing a team in a hockey market is everyone realizing how dog**** the top line has been.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I think there is reason to be positive. We only allowed the Avs to score 6 goals in 4 games in the regular season. We absolutely can shut down their top guys.

It’s just a question of doing it consistently enough and hoping we can outproduce their new found depth.

Maybe Benn and Kadri can trade 3 game suspensions or something. Would be the most impactful thing he could do for us next round.

Arkham32

Nov 9, 2012
I feel we can shut down there top line as well its just what the rest of our team against the rest of theirs will do that worries me. Hopefully pavelski can keep up the heroic and timely goals gonna need alot of them.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I think there is reason to be positive. We only allowed the Avs to score 6 goals in 4 games in the regular season. We absolutely can shut down their top guys.

It’s just a question of doing it consistently enough and hoping we can outproduce their new found depth.

Maybe Benn and Kadri can trade 3 game suspensions or something. Would be the most impactful thing he could do for us next round.
I wouldn't put to much stock in the we held them to 6goals in 4 games. They weren't healthy in any of those games

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Any indication of what's bothering Johns? No setback, I hope?

I feel it has to be something with his head again sadly. Just feels too obvious it even happened again according to Shapiro after a game earlier this season that he returned for. Hopefully that's not it but I just have a hard time not thinking that that's it. This unfit to play stuff definitely doesnt help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad