Pre-Game Talk: Round Robin 1 - 8/2 3 PM - Flyers vs BRUINS in Toronto - NBC, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
It'd be cool if they let teams dress different skaters/goalies for each period so teams could have their full 31-man roster get some playing time. You're going to have skaters and goalies who might need to be injury replacements who will have gone 4-5 months between games.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
It'd be cool if they let teams dress different skaters/goalies for each period so teams could have their full 31-man roster get some playing time. You're going to have skaters and goalies who might need to be injury replacements who will have gone 4-5 months between games.

They've already expanded the roster to give 2 extras for the exhibitions - an extra F and D usually. Granted, that's not a lot, but at least considering the Bruins, there's a little ability to gradually heat up.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Any chance anyone would know how I can watch the game tomorrow? I live in British Columbia and doesn't seem to be any options.
I know once the next game starts its on NBC. Waited too long to miss out on this exhibition game.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Any chance anyone would know how I can watch the game tomorrow? I live in British Columbia and doesn't seem to be any options.
I know once the next game starts its on NBC. Waited too long to miss out on this exhibition game.
Looks like Sportsnet added the game today...4pm! Looking at social media the last couple of days, there was lots of negative feedback on some games not being shown

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Looks like Sportsnet added the game today...4pm! Looking at social media the last couple of days, there was lots of negative feedback on some games not being shown

I hear there was a group of about 360 people in Toronto and 360 people in Edmonton who complained to Sportsnet, and they caved. Those people were bored yesterday, and mad that they couldn’t watch the Pens game.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Against Philly I'd like to see:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Studnicka
Bjork-Coyle-Kuhlman
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Grzelcyk-Clifton

Rask
Halak

If Ritchie is ready to go, slide Bjork over to RW and put Ritchie in on LW on the 3rd line, taking Kuhlman out of the line-up.

I thought both Lauzon and Moore were particularly bad in a really rough night for the D. I like Lauzon, but Clifton was in for the majority of the playoffs last year, give him a shot while we don't have to 100% win the games still.

Nothing against Lindholm, I just prefer Kuraly getting his own line rather than playing wing. After a rough start he was probably the Bruins best player the last 2 periods.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
Not overly concerned about the results of the seeding games, but one small advantage that hasn't really been talked about is line change advantage. It is just a small advantage though, since the scales only tip at the 7th game of a series.

Mainly, I just want to see them find their next gear in these games. This is a talented squad and a considerable favourite to win it all - they just aren't up to that championship-level speed and attention to detail just yet.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Against Philly I'd like to see:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Studnicka
Bjork-Coyle-Kuhlman
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Grzelcyk-Clifton

Rask
Halak

If Ritchie is ready to go, slide Bjork over to RW and put Ritchie in on LW on the 3rd line, taking Kuhlman out of the line-up.

I thought both Lauzon and Moore were particularly bad in a really rough night for the D. I like Lauzon, but Clifton was in for the majority of the playoffs last year, give him a shot while we don't have to 100% win the games still.

Nothing against Lindholm, I just prefer Kuraly getting his own line rather than playing wing. After a rough start he was probably the Bruins best player the last 2 periods.

They were bad but particularly bad? I can't agree, I thought Krug and McAvoy were just as bad and Chara was the best of the bunch somehow .

Can't agree, despite a bad game for Lauzon (probably his worst as a Bruin,) it's the 1st time he's had a bad game, an exhibition game to boot, I'm gonna let it slide just like I'm gonna let it slide for everyone else. I want Lauzon in the line-up every game. When push comes to shove and it will, I'll take Lauzon over Clifton every time. I'll give you Moore though.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Rask probably wasn't going to play all 3 RR games anyway - he can get up to speed with just 2, and Halak needs some practice because there will probably be back-to-back games in the first two rounds, and perhaps into the ECF. And winning the RR games is secondary - I almost view them as pre-season games still.

Of course, I'm assuming that he didn't catch COVID. If he's out for the whole tourney because of a slow recovery from COVID, I think our prospects are vastly diminished.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Rask probably wasn't going to play all 3 RR games anyway - he can get up to speed with just 2, and Halak needs some practice because there will probably be back-to-back games in the first two rounds, and perhaps into the ECF. And winning the RR games is secondary - I almost view them as pre-season games still.

Of course, I'm assuming that he didn't catch COVID. If he's out for the whole tourney because of a slow recovery from COVID, I think our prospects are vastly diminished.
I’m willing to bet it is the hot weather.

Reactions: talkinaway
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad