Pre-Game Talk: Round Robin 1 - 8/2 3 PM - Flyers vs BRUINS in Toronto - NBC, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
tenor.gif

giphy.gif

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I like that the last game we played before shutdown was the Flyers and the first game back will be the Flyers

Reactions: bbfan419

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
And only one of the three round robin games is on a weekday. Although I didn't notice if it's an afternoon or evening game.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
At least we won't have to actually see Gritty, because surely the teams aren't bringing their mascots?

Reactions: BMC

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
And only one of the three round robin games is on a weekday. Although I didn't notice if it's an afternoon or evening game.

If there are 3 games in an arena, the times locally should be 12-4-8, with 4 being the RR, so....yuck for most folks.

Edmonton supposedly will delay by up to 30 minutes to wait for a Toronto game to finish.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
If there are 3 games in an arena, the times locally should be 12-4-8, with 4 being the RR, so....yuck for most folks.

Edmonton supposedly will delay by up to 30 minutes to wait for a Toronto game to finish.

NBC on the weekends knows they can schedule the RR at Noon and it fits the network window.

Sportsnet/CBC will want Totonto in prime time with Vancouver to follow - notice only 2 games in Toronto that day.

This is a made for TV tournament - PLUS they also know Red Sox at NYY is on at 7

Sunday, Aug. 2

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Best-of-5 series
Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Toronto Maple Leafs, Game 1
Round-robin
Philadelphia Flyers vs. Boston Bruins
WESTERN CONFERENCE
Best-of-5 series
Minnesota Wild vs. Vancouver Canucks, Game 1
Arizona Coyotes vs. Nashville Predators, Game 1
Round-robin
St. Louis Blues vs. Colorado Avalanche

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
So, NBC for sure Fenway? I don’t have to do anything TV-wise to make sure I’m not blacked out vs Phila? (Thanks!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad