Pre-Game Talk: Round Robin 1 - 8/2 3 PM - Flyers vs BRUINS in Toronto - NBC, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
A little guessing game - how many minutes between the end of the last NHL action (end of OTT@LAK) and the next official NHL action (NYR@CAR at noon next Saturday - not the exhibition games)? Let's assume a longish leadup to puck drop for the flagship NBC game - say, 17 minutes.

205,157 minutes

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
@Fenway. Thanks for all of the insider info. Life is a bit boring of late and it's nice to see your photos and hear what is happening !

Boring is a really nice way of saying what life has become.

To me, everything that I enjoy has been taken away and all that's left is all the BS you have to deal with in daily life and then some . I get that not everyone thinks hockey is a good idea right now but to me , selfishly, I need the distraction.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Boring is a really nice way of saying what life has become.

To me, everything that I enjoy has been taken away and all that's left is all the BS you have to deal with in daily life and then some . I get that not everyone thinks hockey is a good idea right now but to me , selfishly, I need the distraction.
Me too. 2020 sucks. I haven't seen my daughter since Christmas and that is the longest in her 40 years . I haven't seen any family since the last B's home game (my sis ).

I do have to go to work every day but that isn't so fun and I would rather WFH.

I miss hockey. I miss going to the games and seeing everybody.

I don't have a good feeling about this season but I (like you) am looking forward to watching the games.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Random thought...

What's the laundry situation going to be like? Do they have access to machines? Is the hotel doing it for them?

What about team laundry? Lots of jerseys and towels to be washed at one facility.

Reactions: BMC

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I know we are thirsty for hockey news, but...

If a player did not travel with the team yesterday does NOT mean they can't travel to Toronto this week and still be there for puck drop.

Even IF a player is held out this week that does not mean they will miss the round robin start on the 2nd.

STILL, if they miss the round robin and exhibition games there is currently no evidence they will not be ready for the actual playoff series verses the terrible Toronto Yet-to-be-Determined's

Cool yer jets folks.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Random thought...

What's the laundry situation going to be like? Do they have access to machines? Is the hotel doing it for them?

What about team laundry? Lots of jerseys and towels to be washed at one facility.

There's no chance the players are responsible for their own laundry. I'd guess the hotel is doing it, or they've contracted a company to do it for them.

Reactions: JOKER 192 and BMC

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Not feeling confident about being able to see this game. The Pittsburgh-Philly exhibition game on NBCSN is blacked out for me. :skeptic::ha:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I’m in Philly market without the cable subscription but with NHL.TV (subject to blackouts)

This is on the NBC mothership station NBC 10 - you should be fine! And the package should cover the other two games, since they won't be against Philly, no? I assume the package isn't blacked out by NBCSN games, but I don't know - I've never bought it.

Reactions: sooshii

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
I’m in Philly market without the cable subscription but with NHL.TV (subject to blackouts)

I'm in Toronto with Gamecenter & the Leafs/Habs game last night wasn't blacked out. Hoping it stays this way.

I've heard people with NHL.TV say they aren't broadcasting the exhibition games, maybe that's why?

Reactions: sooshii

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I'm in Toronto with Gamecenter & the Leafs/Habs game last night wasn't blacked out. Hoping it stays this way.

I've heard people with NHL.TV say they aren't broadcasting the exhibition games, maybe that's why?

NHL.tv has every non NBC game except that Toronto one (at least here in MA). It was unusual. The rest are all listed as NBC or NHL.tv going forward.

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Just a Note: NHL Network seems to be free for Xfinity customers.

I trimmed my cable bill a couple months back and in doing so, I lost NHL Network. I turned it on last night just for grins, and it's now working.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Just a Note: NHL Network seems to be free for Xfinity customers.

I trimmed my cable bill a couple months back and in doing so, I lost NHL Network. I turned it on last night just for grins, and it's now working.
Yeah, in January I cut mine back as well, and the guy told me they had moved it from the sports package to one of their basic levels. Saved me $10 per month right there since hockey was literally the only reason I added the sports package to begin with. :laugh:

IntentionallyWide

The poster formerly known as gobruins14
Aug 9, 2006
I've got YoutubeTV, so no NHL Network. I'm considering picking up the NHL.tv package so I can catch some out of market games when they aren't on NBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->