GDT: Round Dos, Game Uno: Blues @ Avalanche (9:30pm ET / 7:30pm MT)

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Makar was the primary reason for both goals. The first one was a fluke so i'm not going to blame him for that. But his line change on the PK is what get depth players benched. He inadvertently blocked a shot earlier in the sequence and it seemed like it stung him a bit, but this is the playoffs - unless he's actually heading down into the hall he needs to suck it up to make the right play (aka staying on the ice).

Makar was the farthest away from the bench and needed to stay on the ice. Instead he chose to casually skate to the bench to be part of a wholesale line change which led to a goal.
I honestly didn’t notice him on the change. I got mad at Girard instead :laugh:. It was definitely a stupid line change either way.

He did come out in OT with a purpose, though, you have to give him that.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
50B96FCC-91AC-4D79-B731-E6C1B02B58BB.jpeg

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
I watched at the bar with a friend last night, so missed a bit and no sound (sounds like a good thing lol)

EJ did not look good to me. There were several times I noticed him just rimming the puck or trying to clear without looking for a 'smarter' play. Noticed Makar's off game, but like others, noticed a couple good rushes towards the end (and I was pretty dialed into the OT).

OMG St Louis fans are insufferable... They score 1 goal on a good play by O'Reilly, though a fortunate bounce and one Cale wants back, I'm sure. And one bad change. That's it. But the game was 'close' :laugh: :laugh:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I watched at the bar with a friend last night, so missed a bit and no sound (sounds like a good thing lol)

EJ did not look good to me. There were several times I noticed him just rimming the puck or trying to clear without looking for a 'smarter' play. Noticed Makar's off game, but like others, noticed a couple good rushes towards the end (and I was pretty dialed into the OT).

OMG St Louis fans are insufferable... They score 1 goal on a good play by O'Reilly, though a fortunate bounce and one Cale wants back, I'm sure. And one bad change. That's it. But the game was 'close' :laugh: :laugh:
Oh well. their denial will make the inevitable collapse hurt even more.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017

Well the score was close. With a little luck they could have won, even if we played better overall.

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
I missed the game and saw the score and was a little concerned. Then I watched (most of) the game. Perfect example of the flaws of stat watching. What a dominant performance. EJ's missed opportunity, posts galore. Could have been 5-1 or so. I can't imagine that performance should inspire much confidence for Binnington, he was clearly beat multiple times and didn't look super confident IMO. He did play well, but not series-stealing well. Avs will have no problem if they continue that level of play, amazing to see.

Everyone keeps saying "well it was Nashville", meanwhile, no one is considering that Calgary, Edmonton and St. Louis had a lot of trouble with opponents much worse than the Avs. The Blues had no answer

Actually, if you looked at the advanced stats, it would have matched they eye test perfectly.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I had no idea he was mic'd last night

Even the celebration is bland. No cussing, no kisses just a bunch of hockey cliches. Blues in 3.

I missed the game and saw the score and was a little concerned. Then I watched (most of) the game. Perfect example of the flaws of stat watching. What a dominant performance. EJ's missed opportunity, posts galore. Could have been 5-1 or so. I can't imagine that performance should inspire much confidence for Binnington, he was clearly beat multiple times and didn't look super confident IMO. He did play well, but not series-stealing well. Avs will have no problem if they continue that level of play, amazing to see.

Everyone keeps saying "well it was Nashville", meanwhile, no one is considering that Calgary, Edmonton and St. Louis had a lot of trouble with opponents much worse than the Avs. The Blues had no answer
THe Blues figured the Avs out. Its down hill from here im afraid.

At 2:05 Makar is banging his stick begging for a pass from Bura but Bura keeps his head down and takes the mandatory full 4 seconds to unload a shot that goes 3 feet over the net.
I love that Cale wants the puck now. He never used to beaver tap for pucks before. He knows he can be the difference maker in important games.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I agree with this. Somehow it's mostly fans of those bolded teams that's sh**ting on Nashville like that on Oilers fan saying that Makar had to play against a weak Nashville team so everyone was producing while they were playing against a Doughtyless LA.

Reactions: katfude

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Pretty sure this is what Manson actually said while Mic'd up
I have a dream that one day there will be an option to just open up a mic'd up players feed and listen to the game that way. Either that or just put mics around the glass and do a broadcast with just the fan atmosphere and what the mics pic up of the play.

Reactions: Bront

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Avs bottom-4 defenseman were great. 2021 Girard showed up and was the Avs best player, IMO.

Colorado nearly shot themselves in the foot. Awful, awful line change. This game had no business going into overtime.

Hats off to Binnington, he nearly stole the game.
Those 5 pipe's and missed open net's kinda color your Binnington accolade.

Some believe the posts are part of the goalies equipment but for me, that many pipes means the shooters were holding their sticks too tight....... lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad