Prospect Info: Round 5, Pick 128: David Kase, RW, Chomutov Pirati (Czech League)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Why I have loved his game since he was 16. I had him top 40 for his draft year I believe. Cant remember exactly where but in 2nd round for sure.

Who cares if he was 5'9 and 145lbs with like 20% body fat hahaha.

He was pretty much the best player on ice at every u-16, u-17 and u-18 international game while being physically half the size of his peers... and always went to the net and took a beating.

Now he is a normal sized adult with speed and skill... hope he can become even close to the player his brother is.

Hope he can be a tad more durable than his brother, you really need both brothers, like Triumphs, one for spare parts.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Awesome he did so well in his first game. Hope to see him up with the big club soon. He's going to surprise some folks I think. Kid's a player.
Kase reminds me of a guy like Aube-Kubel, who always found a way to generate chances in Jr. As a smaller guy, he needs to fill out, but he's a gamer - someone you want on your team. I hope he makes it but they have a lot of bodies.

Reactions: orangey

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He's nothing like NAK, Kase is more an older, slightly smaller version of Frost.

Fast playmaker who can shoot, may be moving to center is the jump start he needs, but what he really needs is to stay healthy long enough to polish his game.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I was a fan of the Kase draft pick & he’s long reminded me of Sami Kapanen. I’m not sure if he’ll make it in the NHL, but he’s got a great motor.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I remember watching Kase at his first development camp & he just had no size, strength, or stamina. You could see he had skill & will, but physically he was so immature, even among a young crop. Did not have the leg strength for any extra gear.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
hopefully Kase can stay healthy. He may seem to be an afterthought in the flyers organization though; as would probably really need to stand out to get a roster spot. What are your thoughts?

I don't think he's an afterthought, he got a cameo last year to show his progress, and played well at LHV.

It's just that there's a numbers game going on, at RW he's competing with NAK, Sandin, Allison and Laczynski, at center with Patrick, Frost, Bunnaman and Rubtsov, with Brink and JOB down the road.

This is good for the Flyers, but tough on prospects - good enough for the NHL may not be good enough to win a job the next 2-3 years on the Flyers.

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
I don't think he's an afterthought, he got a cameo last year to show his progress, and played well at LHV.

It's just that there's a numbers game going on, at RW he's competing with NAK, Sandin, Allison and Laczynski, at center with Patrick, Frost, Bunnaman and Rubtsov, with Brink and JOB down the road.

This is good for the Flyers, but tough on prospects - good enough for the NHL may not be good enough to win a job the next 2-3 years on the Flyers.
Yes he did though with the influx of new prospects I wonder where he stands. He plays well in Euro that will go a long way ( same with Rubstov) Many seem to think every flyers prospect is an nhl player so we shall see.

Bearing any trades the flyers FWD roster is pretty much set next season.
Giroux, Laughton, Jake, JVR, TK, Oscar, Hayes, Farabee, Raffle, NAK, Selke, and Sandin. Not even including Patrick. So where are the open spots? Possibly Sandin and NAK could be beaten out for a spot.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
hopefully Kase can stay healthy. He may seem to be an afterthought in the flyers organization though; as would probably really need to stand out to get a roster spot. What are your thoughts?

I know there is support for him in the organisation... his style of play alongside his skill and versatility help that.

I think that he has a shot, but with the Flyers being so deep right now he is in the same boat as most of the younger guys. I do think he is pretty high up pecking order right now though.

Reactions: VladDrag

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
I know there is support for him in the organisation... his style of play alongside his skill and versatility help that.

I think that he has a shot, but with the Flyers being so deep right now he is in the same boat as most of the younger guys. I do think he is pretty high up pecking order right now though.
That is good as he is a player I have always liked. The thing is are they really that deep? Guess it depends on what one defines as deep.

To me still a lot of unknowns in terms of the incoming prospects. Many seem to think some will step right in to a roster spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad