Prospect Info: Round 5, Pick 128: David Kase, RW, Chomutov Pirati (Czech League)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
LHV is going to be loaded next year:
Kase, Rubtsov, Bunnaman, Laberge, Twarynski, Hart
and guys who'll be back if they don't crack the Flyer roster, Bardreau, MV, Vorobyev, Martel, Myers, Friedman, Wilcox, Lyon]

Reactions: Foggy14

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
LHV is going to be loaded next year:
Kase, Rubtsov, Bunnaman, Laberge, Twarynski, Hart
and guys who'll be back if they don't crack the Flyer roster, Bardreau, MV, Vorobyev, Martel, Myers, Friedman, Wilcox, Lyon]
Good squad for a back-to-back Calder cup :naughty:

Reactions: Foggy14

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
They likely were going to sign him anyway and loan him back to Mora.....but with spots open now due to the college bros, it makes a lot more sense to bring him to Lehigh Valley next year.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
That's what I was wondering. Another year in the SHL wouldn't be the worst thing.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I have no feeling, good or bad, about Kase. I simply haven’t watched him enough to have an opinion.

It’s the little shit Lycksell that I hate because someone compared him to Weal.

Reactions: kelmitchell

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
I have no feeling, good or bad, about Kase. I simply haven’t watched him enough to have an opinion.

It’s the little **** Lycksell that I hate because someone compared him to Weal.
Don't hate Lycksell, hate the person who compared the greatest all time Flyer's prospect to Weal. Ugh.

Reactions: Striiker

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
That's what I was wondering. Another year in the SHL wouldn't be the worst thing.

Problem is that he really cannot do any more than he did this year at Mora. His scoring was pretty much as high as possible given the club, and they will be as bad or worse this year.

If he went to a better, bigger SHL club would make sense... but otherwise AHL is best I think.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Problem is that he really cannot do any more than he did this year at Mora. His scoring was pretty much as high as possible given the club, and they will be as bad or worse this year.

If he went to a better, bigger SHL club would make sense... but otherwise AHL is best I think.
all the flyers shl prespects playing on the same shl team would be fun to see

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Plus he's no spring chicken, he turned 21 in January, figure at least a year in the AHL, and he's 22-23 when he comes up.
So it's a good time to come over and see if he can handle NA hockey.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I think he'll be in the AHL. It's one thing to loan Sandstrom back to the SHL when you already have Hart, Stolarz and Lyon, but there should be room for Kase in the Phantoms top 9 in 18-19. I think Vecchione will probably end up on the Flyers.

Carey-Varone-Conner
Kase-Knight-NAK
Rubtsov-Vorobyev-Bardreau
Twarysnki-Bunnaman-Fazleev/Laberge

Reactions: IronMarshal

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think Bardreau will end up on the Flyers before Vecchione, Ron really likes him, but both have a good shot to start next year on the big team.
Isn't Fazleev headed over to the KHL?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If Ron told you he likes Bardreau more than Vecchione when you last talked, you should have asked him about Fazleev, whose ELC still has a year left.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

From an individual production standpoint? Sure that’s possible, but that’s not the most important thing. The competition in the league will still be strong and that is what is most important. I’m not sure what the Flyers’ stance is on this, but I would imagine playing in 3 different leagues, in 3 different countries, for 3 different coaches in 3 years probably isn’t ideal for development.

I would selfishly like to see him in the AHL next year but playing another year in the SHL would probably work out just fine for him.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
From an individual production standpoint? Sure that’s possible, but that’s not the most important thing. The competition in the league will still be strong and that is what is most important. I’m not sure what the Flyers’ stance is on this, but I would imagine playing in 3 different leagues, in 3 different countries, for 3 different coaches in 3 years probably isn’t ideal for development.

I would selfishly like to see him in the AHL next year but playing another year in the SHL would probably work out just fine for him.

But part of the problem is that at Mora he won't really get a chance to "round out" his role while playing at a good level. He was a good PKer for Czech u-18 and u-20 at times for example but just wont be used there for them because they cannot afford to use him there.

I mean, I doubt he is back at Mora either way, Kase is out of contract, I would guess AHL is most likely... but another, bigger, SHL team would also be a good step I think.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Get him in the AHL and have him play a good length season. The SHL works well, but it's very short.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
But part of the problem is that at Mora he won't really get a chance to "round out" his role while playing at a good level. He was a good PKer for Czech u-18 and u-20 at times for example but just wont be used there for them because they cannot afford to use him there.

I mean, I doubt he is back at Mora either way, Kase is out of contract, I would guess AHL is most likely... but another, bigger, SHL team would also be a good step I think.
No guarantee he gets to PK with LHV. Look at NAK. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad