Prospect Info: Round 4, Pick 104: Mikhail Vorobyov, C, Tolpar Ufa (MHL --> KHL)

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Vorobyov played today in a 6-0 win.

0 points

He was 61.1% on the dot though.

3 of the goals scored by the same line at EV, 2 of the goals scored by the other PP unit.

He still has a 0.0% sh% after 7 games...and a 10.6% over his MHL career even including that (last year he was at 12.7%). I imagine he will start scoring soon, he is taking ~30% more shots than last year, they are just not going in.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Vorobyov played in a 4-3 OT loss earlier today.

He got a primary assist, was even in +/-, got 4 PIM (one holding, one interference) and went 8/20 on the dot.

4 points in 8 games now, all assists. I imagine the goals start coming soon.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Vorobyov held pointless earlier today in a 3-2 SO loss. He took part in the SO but was unable to score. He had two shots on goal and was 40% of the dot.

Hope he gets it going soon..9 games is a long goal draught.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Vorobyov had a pretty big game earlier today and broke his duck for the year.

1 goal
2 assists
+2
8 shots on goal

Though his faceoff % was 35.7%... his % is bizarre this year, at 46.7% when coming into this season in his first two MHL years he averaged ~57%.

Overall so far this season:

10gp
1g
6a
7p
+1
14 PIM
30 SOG
46.7% FO%

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Just came here to post this after going out for a few hours!

Awesome to see... thanks for the highlights as well.

1 goal
11 assists
12 points
+4
47.8% FO%

through 11 games now.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Vorobyov is at it again with another pretty big game that finished a few minutes ago.

2 goals and a primary assist in a 6-3 win.

Don't know his faceoff stats, shot stats yet as the report is only in Cyrillic right now... and while I know 'Воробьёв Михаил' is Vorobyov Mikhail in cyrillic I have no clue about much else!

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Also currently is tired in 4th in the MHL in scoring with 6 other players with 15 points in 12 games. Also is tied for 2nd in the league in assists with 12.

He has 11 points in his last 3 games :laugh:

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
How does MHL compare to other junior leagues? Is this on the same level as Canadian JR or USHL? NCAA? Who are some big-named MHL alum and how did they fare in their pre- and post-draft year? Just curious. I know nothing of the MHL.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
English report now up:

7 SOG
+1 and
75% on the dot (9/12)

to go with his 2g & 1a.

He certainly is on a tear!

How does MHL compare to other junior leagues? Is this on the same level as Canadian JR or USHL? NCAA? Who are some big-named MHL alum and how did they fare in their pre- and post-draft year? Just curious. I know nothing of the MHL.

That would be nice info to know as well. I am glad he is playing a lot instead of sitting on the bench in the KHL.

Anyone know his contract status? Could he come over next year to the AHL?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
It's a junior league for the KHL. Its below the CHL, but still a decent league. He probably shouldn't be in the league next year though if he's an NHL-caliber player.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Any idea how much he's making? I'm wondering whether he would jump at the chance to come over and play in the AHL if the Flyers gave him an ELC.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Any idea how much he's making? I'm wondering whether he would jump at the chance to come over and play in the AHL if the Flyers gave him an ELC.

I don't know about his contract status but unless he seriously catches on in the KHL as the season progresses that might be too big of a jump going to the MHL to the AHL. The CHL might be a better option there if the former doesn't happen & the Flyers want to bring him over.

The culture change along with getting used to the NA game all while playing against men on a regular basis for the first time might be too much to handle there.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Thanks for updates, Appleyard. Any updates on Kase lately? Is he still stuck on the 4th line?

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com

It's hard to compare leagues (if possible at all), but in my opinion MHL is in the same tier as USHL and Swedish SuperElit.

About alumnis, almost every prospect drafted out of Russia in recent years has gone through MHL: Kucherov, Vasilevskiy, Panarin (undrafted, but still a top prospect), Buchnevich, Marchenko, Nesterov, Gusev etc. It's hard to compare Vorobyov to them though, as Vorobyov is more of a two-way guy, not an offensive dynamo.

If no one has his rights in the chl, hexy will work the phones and find a home for him.
Yah chl is the best level for proper development.

If everything goes well, next year Vorobyov will be playing at KHL/VHL and I doubt that playing in CHL is better than getting experience at pro league (especially for Russian players, who don't have a very good history of adapting in CHL).

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It's hard to compare leagues (if possible at all), but in my opinion MHL is in the same tier as USHL and Swedish SuperElit.

About alumnis, almost every prospect drafted out of Russia in recent years has gone through MHL: Kucherov, Vasilevskiy, Panarin (undrafted, but still a top prospect), Buchnevich, Marchenko, Nesterov, Gusev etc. It's hard to compare Vorobyov to them though, as Vorobyov is more of a two-way guy, not an offensive dynamo.

If everything goes well, next year Vorobyov will be playing at KHL/VHL and I doubt that playing in CHL is better than getting experience at pro league (especially for Russian players, who don't have a very good history of adapting in CHL).[/QUOTE]

But will he play? I would rather him be playing lots of minutes in the CHL than 8 minutes a night in the KHL. Unless of course he plans on not coming over for 4-5 years.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
But will he play? I would rather him be playing lots of minutes in the CHL than 8 minutes a night in the KHL. Unless of course he plans on not coming over for 4-5 years.

Well, Salavat is a rather strong KHL team, so it will be challenging to get some good playing time in the debut season, but I see no reason why Vorobyov wouldn't be given decent ice time at Salavat's VHL affiliate, especially considering his two-way playing style. Still, there's a lot of time until that, anything can happen in a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad