Prospect Info: Round 4, Pick 104: Mikhail Vorobyov, C, Tolpar Ufa (MHL --> KHL)

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Well, Ufa won the game 4-0, I tuned it in the 3rd period but haven't seen Vorobyov on ice, not even once. He had minor penalty in 2nd period (holding). Don't know yet what was his time on ice.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Well, Ufa won the game 4-0, I tuned it in the 3rd period but haven't seen Vorobyov on ice, not even once. He had minor penalty in 2nd period (holding). Don't know yet what was his time on ice.

He had only one shift in the third. Played 4:40 in the game.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
He had only one shift in the third. Played 4:40 in the game.

Alright, thanks. 4 minutes? That is quite useless to have him there and also for his development... but at least he got the taste of KHL games at the age of 18, that's good. Maybe he will get a couple of more games and then sent down. Was he brought due to injuries?

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Alright, thanks. 4 minutes? That is quite useless to have him there and also for his development... but at least he got the taste of KHL games at the age of 18, that's good. Maybe he will get a couple of more games and then sent down. Was he brought due to injuries?

There were a lot of penalties in the game in both directions and he didn't play any special teams so that didn't help his TOI. Got 10 minutes in the last game at least.

A little searching gives that C Sergei Soin was given a 4 match suspension after the Ak Bars game so Vorobyov has likely been called up to fill in, in these four games.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Yeh, he did not play too much from when I tuned in near the end of 1st. Hard to say much about how he played due to how little I saw him on ice and how little involved in play.

But it is nice that he is the first guy up at C.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Vorobyov played today in the MHL.

1 short-handed goal, +1, 57.1% on draw in 7-3 win.

5g, 12, 17p, +7 in 16gp now.

Pretty much spent the last month in KHL either playing limited 4th line mins or being dressed but not iced.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He's on a good pace for 19 years old, splitting time between the MHL and KHL. It looks like he's too good for the MHL but not quite ready for the KHL, but think of it as if we could bring junior players up for a few games for a look-see, then send them back, it would probably accelerate their development.

Next year you figure he should compete for a starting job, let him get some experience in the KHL, see how he plays, then decide if you want to convince him to come over. While the KHL is higher caliber than the AHL, as Medvedev has shown, there's an adjustment period - with a younger player, being able to stash them in the AHL during that period has obvious advantages - but I wonder about the economics for a player.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Bold celly for his first goal in the league with his team down 3. :laugh:

7-5 game in the KHL is odd to see as well.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Did they spell his name on his jersey wrong, or is it just the Russian pronunciation? Because it says Vorobyev.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad