Prospect Info: Round 4, Pick 104: Mikhail Vorobyov, C, Tolpar Ufa (MHL --> KHL)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Vorobyev is not ready, it was clear two weeks ago, he need to go back to LHV.
It happens. The game is too fast for him right now.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I think in game 1 it was JVR-Vorobyev-Simmonds which could have worked as a sheltered scoring line if the top 6 were doing well with the harder matchups, but the team defense going to complete shit and Hak panicking put an end to that.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Vorobyev is not ready, it was clear two weeks ago, he need to go back to LHV.
It happens. The game is too fast for him right now.

Nothing was ****ing clear in this ****ing SSS. I understand that you hate Russians, which is more than a little ironic considering your hippie commie roots, but don't ****ing pull another Lube or I am going to lose my **** completely.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
No franchise in the league treats young players worse than the Philadelphia Flyers. No team is better at making a young player feel uncomfortable or start to doubt there worth.

They actively set young players up to fail. This is not normal. Other teams do not do this.

Hak bails on Misha and then, to make matters worse, buries him in the f***ing media. UNREAL.

Remember how Frost was treated this camp? They f***ing buried him publicly. Said he looked tentative in f***ing practice. The f***ing kid is a 1st rd pick and almost led the OHL in scoring last year. Other franchises would be creaming in there pants over him. They have played him 1 non-televised preseason game in 2 years, and it was on the 4th line with scrubs. What other organization does this?

f***ing Kjell Samuelsson publicly stated on camera Phil Myers wasn't ready before camp even started. WTF is that? Other teams don't do this shit.

And don't even get me started on how f***ed up the treatment of Sanheim was last year. An absolute digrace from beginning to end. Of course we could talk about TK, Ghost, etc being punished and not knowing why.

The point is, this isn't a Misha Vorobyev problem. Any level-headed person should be able to see this. The entire team is death right now. This is the f***ing last player we should be talking about.

Oh yeah, Fire Dung Hakturd.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The treatment of Frost was to cut off the pressure before it began, Hextall had already made his decision. Same with Ratcliffe.
Both are doing great in juniors and progressing, that's what you want to see, rather than dying on the bench.
Kjell was probably trying to cure Myers of believing the hype he was getting, and Kjell was right, Myers wasn't ready, it was obvious if you watched the preseason games, the physical skills are there, but the decisionmaking isn't NHL level yet.

Vorobyev played much harder in preseason than after the real games began and it showed.
It didn't help having Simmonds on his wing, but he was a step slow out there - he's going back to the AHL, I think they wanted him to watch a few games and hoped he'd realize that you have to bring it every shift in the NHL. He got a fair shot, he blew it.
His problem is if Rubtsov keeps it up, he jumps ahead of Vorobyev in the pecking order because he's more talented.

People just hate their prospect wet dreams to be dashed, most prospects struggle, some spend 2-3 years rotating between the NHL and AHL.
Go look at any team's 1st and 2nd rd draft picks the last five years, see how many make it quickly, how many struggle, how many flop.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
tenor.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
No franchise in the league treats young players worse than the Philadelphia Flyers. No team is better at making a young player feel uncomfortable or start to doubt there worth.

They actively set young players up to fail. This is not normal. Other teams do not do this.

Hak bails on Misha and then, to make matters worse, buries him in the ****ing media. UNREAL.

Remember how Frost was treated this camp? They ****ing buried him publicly. Said he looked tentative in ****ing practice. The ****ing kid is a 1st rd pick and almost led the OHL in scoring last year. Other franchises would be creaming in there pants over him. They have played him 1 non-televised preseason game in 2 years, and it was on the 4th line with scrubs. What other organization does this?

****ing Kjell Samuelsson publicly stated on camera Phil Myers wasn't ready before camp even started. WTF is that? Other teams don't do this ****.

And don't even get me started on how ****ed up the treatment of Sanheim was last year. An absolute digrace from beginning to end. Of course we could talk about TK, Ghost, etc being punished and not knowing why.

The point is, this isn't a Misha Vorobyev problem. Any level-headed person should be able to see this. The entire team is death right now. This is the ****ing last player we should be talking about.

Oh yeah, Fire Dung Hakturd.

TatteredCautiousCentipede-size_restricted.gif

u0kauRe.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Misha needed to go back to the AHL, he was in a funk for a month, then woke up.
Notice they waited until after the break to call him up, didn't make sense to call him up, then have him sit for a week or send him back down and yo-yo him.

AHL teams practice more and more consistently, b/c the games are compressed into weekends.

Now it's up to Misha to show he belongs, and that he's just not the next version of Cousins/Weal.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
This is probably going to be Vorobyov's last shot to make it with the Flyers. With Coots, Patrick, Frost at center and the way Rubtsov played early this season, the Flyers are going to have more talent than in the past at that position. With his ability to defend, Vorobyov would make an ideal checking line center. He just needs to work on his FOs. I hope that he shows well.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He'll get a shot in TC next year, but if he doesn't step up he'll be dealt away by next spring.
Rubtsov, Bunnaman looks like he's going to stay at center.
Though there aren't a lot of centers in the pipeline after Frost.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
He'll get a shot in TC next year, but if he doesn't step up he'll be dealt away by next spring.
Rubtsov, Bunnaman looks like he's going to stay at center.
Though there aren't a lot of centers in the pipeline after Frost.
Rubstov could play wing ala Laughton

Reactions: Larry44

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
As good as he looked in the preseason, Vorobyev didn't belong when it changed to real NHL action with full NHL rosters, which was disappointing. I'm worried he could be another 'tweener for the NHL. Not quite strong, fast, and/or skilled enough to excel at any one aspect of the game in the NHL. For all the plaudits about his defensive play, he was overmatched defensively in the NHL. That's the #1 thing that will have to change for him to win a full-time role. Considering the state of the season, now is a good time to give him another look. At least it gives the fans something to watch the rest of the way, also.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
3 games in and everybody made their decision because The Lord Hextall and Hakstol made that decision so.

But we watched terrible vets crash this team to the bottom of the NHL. If you were going to trash the season, might as well could've had Vorobyov up to learn.

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
3 games in and everybody made their decision because The Lord Hextall and Hakstol made that decision so.

But we watched terrible vets crash this team to the bottom of the NHL. If you were going to trash the season, might as well could've had Vorobyov up to learn.
He wasn't ready to be here. Probably a little overwhelmed and he played passive. Maybe this is his wake up call.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

Easier said than done when your job is on the line. Unfortunately, Vorobyev was overmatched in the NHL and the Flyers' were supposed to make the playoffs. They didn't have the luxury at the time of tanking so that some mid-to-lower-level prospects could get a longer look. Now that the season is effectively over and the coach and GM are fired, they do. I would have liked Vorobyev to blow the doors down in the AHL forcing a recall and am disappointed he didn't. Happy to have something to watch, though.

Reactions: DrinkFightFlyers

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Easier said than done when your job is on the line. Unfortunately, Vorobyev was overmatched in the NHL and the Flyers' were supposed to make the playoffs. They didn't have the luxury at the time of tanking so that some mid-to-lower-level prospects could get a longer look. Now that the season is effectively over and the coach and GM are fired, they do. I would have liked Vorobyev to blow the doors down in the AHL forcing a recall and am disappointed he didn't. Happy to have something to watch, though.
Spot on. He looked like he didn't belong. Not crazy bad or anything but you knew he wasn't ready. Probably could have righted the ship if he stayed but this season was not supposed to be a lost season so they couldn't afford to hope he turned it around. Now they can.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I personally didn't think he would make the team to start the year anyways. So this recall was about where I expected his development to be at anyways with next year being his real shot. But all these kids will have internal competition from multiple guys so you have to try and make the best of your opportunity.

But it's also on the coach to put players in the best position to succeed. And that has not been the case around here.

Reactions: baudib1

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
I personally didn't think he would make the team to start the year anyways. So this recall was about where I expected his development to be at anyways with next year being his real shot. But all these kids will have internal competition from multiple guys so you have to try and make the best of your opportunity.

But it's also on the coach to put players in the best position to succeed. And that has not been the case around here.
Or in LHV. It's like when you are taking a class and your professor sucks. At the end of the day you just need to buckle down and overcome it rather than blame the crappy teacher for your failure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad