Prospect Info: Round 4, Pick 104: Mikhail Vorobyov, C, Tolpar Ufa (MHL --> KHL)

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Misha Vorobyev and NAK should be playing in Philadelphia over the likes of Varone, Knight or Bailey.

Vorobyov also has a better shot at staying in the organization. Fletcher doesn’t seem as interesting in NAK as a full time player in philly.

Reactions: Larry44

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Bailey outplayed NAK in LHV, that's why he got the first shot at the NHL job.

Vorobyev needs to focus on his skating and playing at a higher intensity level, in the NHL he's going to be playing 8-10 minutes a night, so he has to make every shift count, not that passive crap where he waits for the play to come to him. He's pretty inexperienced despite his age, and seems to process the game a little slowly. Good size, vision, passing skills but right now something's missing.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Vorobyev needs to focus on his skating and playing at a higher intensity level, in the NHL he's going to be playing 8-10 minutes a night, so he has to make every shift count, not that passive crap where he waits for the play to come to him. He's pretty inexperienced despite his age, and seems to process the game a little slowly. Good size, vision, passing skills but right now something's missing.

I dont think Bailey did having watched them play in the AHL... NAK is pretty much always the Phantoms best EV fwd.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Based on what?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I dont think Bailey did having watched them play in the AHL... NAK is pretty much always the Phantoms best EV fwd.

From what I saw, Bailey was showing the same hustle he shows in the NHL, difference is that against inferior competition it paid off in points.
NAK is a good AHL forward, but Varone was the AHL MVP, doesn't always translate to the NHL.
Bailey to me is a more fluid skater than NAK, but might rival Rinaldo in the "look ma, no hands" department.
NAK is fast straight line, but a bit stiff.

Kase was the best looking forward I saw on LHV this year, and Rubtsov the best looking center.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Bailey is a trash player. Zero hands, zero hockey sense.
That's funny when we traded for him and he had played a few games in the AHL half the guys on here wanted him up had him on the third line and thought he was great . So you must be mistaken , lol

Reactions: renberg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
From what I saw, Bailey was showing the same hustle he shows in the NHL, difference is that against inferior competition it paid off in points.
NAK is a good AHL forward, but Varone was the AHL MVP, doesn't always translate to the NHL.
Bailey to me is a more fluid skater than NAK, but might rival Rinaldo in the "look ma, no hands" department.
NAK is fast straight line, but a bit stiff.

Kase was the best looking forward I saw on LHV this year, and Rubtsov the best looking center.

"It doesn't always translate to the NHL" he says, while justifying a player who has to get by in the AHL off of hustle getting called up over someone who can employ more skill.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
That's funny when we traded for him and he had played a few games in the AHL half the guys on here wanted him up had him on the third line and thought he was great . So you must be mistaken , lol
I don’t recall a single poster saying or implying that Bailey was “great.” Did I miss something?

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Then yes you did miss something . There wasn't the word "great " tossed around but man he should be up here . In his first couple ahl games he scored some points and some were jumping the gun . It's the shiny new toy thing and some are desperate for anything .

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Working strictly from memory, the desire was to have him (and the other young players) up on the team rather than playing stiffs like Lehtera, Weal, and Seabisket. Vorobyev had a decent preseason, stagnated early on, and was returned. That didnt dampen my enthusiasm, based on what he had shown in WJC and elsewhere. Especially given the notoriously poor communication skills of the coaching staff in place at the time. I'd still like to have him up for the remainder of the season, since we know what we have in Laughton and I still think he is better fit at wing. And Knight and Varone are clearly not NHL regulars.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Then yes you did miss something . There wasn't the word "great " tossed around but man he should be up here . In his first couple ahl games he scored some points and some were jumping the gun . It's the shiny new toy thing and some are desperate for anything .
in fairness, when you have Varone and Lehtera contributing nothing, along with Weise why not try something else? They have tried Bailey. Nothing there. They have tried Knight. Nothing there. So try something else. At least by trying them, you now know and you can move on from them.

That's my big issue with NAK. Next year he has to clear waivers, and we still have no clue on him and if he can be an effective 4th liner(which is all I expect from him).

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
in fairness, when you have Varone and Lehtera contributing nothing, along with Weise why not try something else? They have tried Bailey. Nothing there. They have tried Knight. Nothing there. So try something else. At least by trying them, you now know and you can move on from them.

That's my big issue with NAK. Next year he has to clear waivers, and we still have no clue on him and if he can be an effective 4th liner(which is all I expect from him).

Imagine how NAK must feel. He's proven to be NHL ready for well over a year and the organization that drafted him nearly 5 years ago still won't give him a real shot.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Imagine how NAK must feel. He's proven to be NHL ready for well over a year and the organization that drafted him nearly 5 years ago still won't give him a real shot.

Well, not exactly.
What he's done is max out his AHL performance, so at some point it's "sink or swim."
He has yet to show that he's a NHL caliber player.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
NAK has 23 pts in 42 AHL games at age 22.

In 9 NHL games he was utterly invisible.

No, he hasn’t proven he belongs in the NHL as a regular.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad