Prospect Info: Round 4, Pick 104: Mikhail Vorobyov, C, Tolpar Ufa (MHL --> KHL)

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015
Patrick looks kind of like he did at the beginning of last season, which is disappointing. At least when he gets moving now he doesn't look slow., but his first step is terrible. He barely has the puck, and when he gets it in the neutral zone he has to get rid of it quickly. Granted, at least his hands are quick.

It's a bit worrisome considering the team needs him to be a legit, solid, reliable 2nd line center. Right now he doesn't look anywhere close to a 50 point center. Hopefully he rounds into form soon.

He just can't create any space for himself because of his lack of agility and quickness. Even last year when he was doing better in the 2nd half, this weakness was quite apparent. This is very worrying if he doesn't snap out it soon, because he is supposed to be Giroux's heir. He he was a total NON FACTOR offensively in game 1 showing no flashes whatsoever.

We know he has the hands, the shot , the pass , the IQ.....but it's a skating game today, if you don't create space and time , your hands, shot , and passing will be negated. That's why you rarely see Patrick with the puck and driving play. His straightaway speed is good, but really lacking acceleration.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
He just can't create any space for himself because of his lack of agility and quickness. Even last year when he was doing better in the 2nd half, this weakness was quite apparent. This is very worrying if he doesn't snap out it soon, because he is supposed to be Giroux's heir. He he was a total NON FACTOR offensively in game 1 showing no flashes whatsoever.

We know he has the hands, the shot , the pass , the IQ.....but it's a skating game today, if you don't create space and time , your hands, shot , and passing will be negated. That's why you rarely see Patrick with the puck and driving play. His straightaway speed is good, but really lacking acceleration.

Yup. No acceleration at all. Can't make any plays carrying the puck in the neutral zone unless he's already at full speed. If he doesn't improve his first couple of steps it's really going to hinder his potential.

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015
Yup. No acceleration at all. Can't make any plays carrying the puck in the neutral zone unless he's already at full speed. If he doesn't improve his first couple of steps it's really going to hinder his potential.

The board knows it too....but just keeping some levelheadedness and staying away for now. The Patrick specific thread is quiet, and just no buzz around him. I know I'm moving too fast, but IF, Patrick has another 30 point effort again this season, he could be labeled as Pavel Zacha 2.0. He has been very disappointing so far.....

hope he scores a hat trick tonight and makes me look like the most idiotic poster on the board.

Reactions: Grebinator

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The thing with Patrick is we say him score at a 52 point pace from the end of Jan to the end of the year. So it's not like we have not seen any upside in him. But I certainly was hoping to see way more from him in pre-season. He was very good defensively in game 1 but I expect to see more from that line as a whole, not just Patrick.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Honestly think like other posters have said that line just needs more time to click. I'm not to worried with him. I'm still trying to get over the fact that we got him in the draft. Still think he develops into a nice high end second line center.

Reactions: kudymen

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He's not going to put up a ton of points unless he finds himself on PP1 again and this year JVR is next in line.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He should be able to get around 45-50 ES points. That is what I will be judging him on.
That's still a lot. That's like top 50 in the league.

The 2016 #2 overall pick didn't even crack 40 ES points last year and this isn't exactly a system that leads to a lot of ES production even if they have the talent to do it.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I just tried to customize a jersey with The Pimp on it and the NHL shop wouldn't let me.

They are actually saving you from yourself, bud - it's a bad idea. Just get the regular sweater with his name and then wear one of these ...

$_35.JPG

... and some of these:

81lH6Znl-6L._SX355_.jpg
41ZOy71iffL._SY300_.jpg

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Are there really people that think Patrick is a bust after a single game in his second season...
Straw. Man. (Fitting, given your moniker.)

Observing that Patrick had a disappointing preseason & first regular season game in his 2nd season, & that he is struggling with a lack of acceleration in his first couple steps, is not at all the same thing as labeling him a bust.

Oh how fans are overly sensitive about their favorites.

Reactions: SaSaShi

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Just another example of why this organization, as a whole, blows.

Vorobyev wouldn't have made my Opening Night lineup coming into the year based on his play last year. He was good, but missed some time due to injuries and probably could have benefited from at least another half year and big minutes in the AHL. But he played lights out in preseason (mostly playing with guys he would never play with in the regular season) and the Flyers did the logical thing by rewarding the kid with a spot in the Opening Night lineup.

First sign of trouble and Bozo scratches him for a week+ in favor of replacement level players, finally re-inserts him into the lineup, would have played him 1 shift in the final two periods had the game not gotten out of hand and then drops a quote after the game to show how unfit he is for the job.

How long is this shit going to continue?

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Vorobyev wouldn't have made my Opening Night lineup coming into the year based on his play last year. ....

First sign of trouble and Bozo scratches him for a week+ in favor of replacement level players, finally re-inserts him into the lineup, would have played him 1 shift in the final two periods had the game not gotten out of hand and then drops a quote after the game to show how unfit he is for the job.

I wish I could like this a 1.000 times.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad