Prospect Info: Round 3 Pick 77 - Jakub Lauko

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Ahhhh ok. ThT sucks lol. Quebec of HalifAx would have been nice. Lol. Maybe he’s traded. :)

DKH, Lou and I were discussing this when the news broke yesterday. Lauzon played for the Huskies and I am sure the B’s have a good working relationship with that organization, or they would not have gone down this path.

Someone mentioned that the respected coach/GM of RN (Gilles Bouchard) left and signed with an AHL team. However, he was replaced by Mario Pouliot, a former Huskies Asst Coach, who was the head coach of the Titans for the last 4 seasons. He did ok, winning a QMJHL championship and the Memorial Cup last year.

Reactions: Blowfish

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
What’s the rush to sign him to a deal?

the signing bonus puts money in his pocket now, and it's also a nice cookie from the
organization to lauko for how far along he is at age 18.

there's a few guys on rouyn-noranda that he'll probably gravitate to - justin bergeron, who
was with the bruins at the prospects challenge up in buffalo, and patrik hrehorcak, a slovakian
kid who played for noranda last year so has a full year of experience there.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
the signing bonus puts money in his pocket now, and it's also a nice cookie from the
organization to lauko for how far along he is at age 18.

there's a few guys on rouyn-noranda that he'll probably gravitate to - justin bergeron, who
was with the bruins at the prospects challenge up in buffalo, and patrik hrehorcak, a slovakian
kid who played for noranda last year so has a full year of experience there.

It's not just about the money. But speaking of money, I'm not sure the Bruins are paying him in junior. It could be in his contract and they could pay him up tp $20K in junior. Example being Brady Tkachuk. His deal pays him $20K if he is sent to the London Knights (but he won't be).

This contract was signed with waiver exemption in mind. It doesn't really matter, as said, when it comes to the 50 contract limit because it can slide.

But signing the contract in his 18 year old year makes him waiver exempt for 5 years. Had they waited to sign him next year it would be 4 years, or the following year (which is when they would have to have signed him by) 3 years.

Compare it to Vaakanainen who signed his deal earlier this year. Urho signed in his 19 year old year making him exempt for 4 years. Lauko in his 18 y/o year, making him exempt for 5 years.

Urho Vaakanainen Waivers Calculator - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Jakub Lauko Waivers Calculator - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Of course, this is all moot after they play 160 games. But you get the picture.

Reactions: neelynugs

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I know some (including myself) want Lauko called up asap. While others like Bruinsnetwork think it is a better idea to let him simmer down at Providence

The question is...

1. While its better he gets a full year of AHL experience under his belt. Due to Bruins desperation of lack of offense. Should he brought up asap?
2. Is there any potential cap issue or any other admin issues with calling him up?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
was a big fan of lauko in his draft year. obviously injuries and flat play has derailed him for
a while, but good on him to put himself in position to make the team. how's he looking?
feel like i missed all the games he dressed.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
was a big fan of lauko in his draft year. obviously injuries and flat play has derailed him for
a while, but good on him to put himself in position to make the team. how's he looking?
feel like i missed all the games he dressed.
I though he was fantastic last night. Kid has speed. Just might have a little Marchand in his game

Reactions: DKH

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I though he was fantastic last night. Kid has speed. Just might have a little Marchand in his game

I think more realistically he is an Anton Blidh replacement. At least in the short term. Still useful. Hopefully there is more upside, but there isn't a ton of scoring in his record.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I was kind of excited about this kid when he came on the scene, quick, physical, appeared to have some hands, dropped the mitts, now he feels like JAG

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
I think more realistically he is an Anton Blidh replacement. At least in the short term. Still useful. Hopefully there is more upside, but there isn't a ton of scoring in his record.
I believe he will create more chances with his spend and going hard to the net than Blidh

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

The Andrew Peeke Fan

Feb 26, 2020
Been hurt and I think was trying to figure out who he is as a player.
I've said it before, but I sincerely believe he saw Frederic make it up before him, and decided that if that's what they wanted, he'd give it to them.

He's quick to pockets of space and isn't afraid to shoot. I like him a lot, I hope Monty can get the most out of him.

It helps that he is also an absolutely outstanding kid!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad