Prospect Info: Round 3 Pick 77 - Jakub Lauko

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Every team wants guys to adjust but how often does a guy who was drafted out of Europe go to the CHL the next year?

Why is this a bad thing again?

It would probably happen a lot more if kids wanted to. But most teams are willing to let a young drafted kid stay in Europe if that's what the kid wants. Why force him out of his comfort zone if they would rather not. Moving to another country/continent with a new language as the common dialect is a big adjustment. For some 18-year olds, that's a lot to ask, sometimes can cause more harm than good.

Then you get some kids who simply don't care, it doesn't bother them and they'll do whatever the club that drafted them wants them to do. I would suspect Lauko, whose not lacking confidence, is along those lines.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sweeney has a relationship with Rouyn Noranda coaching staff from the Lauzon and Zboril times.

Playing in Czech league vs playing all situations in Q as long as a good situation works

Providence is full of prospects

Looks like perfect spot where they can monitor him and I like what I’m hearing

Reactions: Son of Donegal

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Every team wants guys to adjust but how often does a guy who was drafted out of Europe go to the CHL the next year?

Honestly I couldn't tell you. The talent level is probably lower then playing against men and that's why I think this is about adjust to the rink size and getting as much TOI as possible. IIRC, he was playing a 4th line role overseas and not seeing as much TOI.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Lauko really didn't want to go back to Europe .... from the start he stated this
At least he got an entry deal and if his season at juniors is cut short can get some reps with Providence

Has promise just needs to get much stronger to win puck battles

Last edited:

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Well it's great for the Bruins fans on the east coast who get to watch a Bruins prospect.

HellFish89

Sep 28, 2018
Really happy about this. The kid has some amazing tool, but haven't been able to work on his offense since he was 15yo. In the CHL he will be able to work on his puck play alot more. Plus, Rouyn is in the 2nd group of favorite to win the Q title (the 1st group being Rimouski-Drumondville-Halifax). The memorial Cup is also in the Q this year. The only thing wich is more of an unknown than a negative is Rouyn had a really good coach the last few years and the guy just sign in the AHL this summer.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
The Q sounds like a nice option to me. We all remember how sweet it was to move into our first apartment/house - moving to a new country to play hockey at 18 is the ultimate version of that. I'm sure he'll grow on the ice, and off it.

Reactions: Dueling Banjos

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Someone mentioned a month ago that since he was not drafted out of the CHL, he can be recalled anytime instead of after 3 injuries. With the Cs and LWs in providence, he would be in the bottom 6 so this is a good situation to get him a lot of ice time.

I'm interested to see if they have him play C or LW in Rouyn. Maybe the Bruins worked out a deal with the team to 'suggest' which position he plays with the ability to 'suggest' a different one later on if they want to see him with a different look.

It's a shame he got injured or we could have seen more of him in preseason action.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
What’s the rush to sign him to a deal?
Don’t some deals offer cash in the jrs? I believe Carlo had this. Helps the kids live? Especially for someone w out a support system, could be important. Still defers essentially, doesn’t waste a year, so shouldn’t be a big issue.

Reactions: HustleB

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Originally, I had the Q as door #3 behind PRO and the CZE Liiga, but I guess it depends on what his role would be on those respective teams?

In the Liiga last year, he was not a key guy, and who knows about this year? In PRO he will probably not be Top 6. If he’s going to get a ton of minutes and be a key performer for RN, I guess that’s probably the best for his development. The B’s will be able to keep a better eye on him than in the Liiga and I also read (as another poster said) that he commented in an interview that he wanted to stay in North America.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
What’s the rush to sign him to a deal?

I mean , why not? Axel Andersson was offered and signed an entry deal. They both performed comparably in limited preseason minutes. Above average for 18 year old kids

-Plus a signed Lauko is a better trade chip

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I mean , why not? Axel Andersson was offered and signed an entry deal. They both performed comparably in limited preseason minutes. Above average for 18 year old kids

-Plus a signed Lauko is a better trade chip
Why not and a better trade chip? Umm, why not is that they have his rights for a while while he developers. Trade chip? That is not going to increase his worth. It just ties up a contract on their list of 50. Not s big deal, like some have said, puts s little money in his pocket.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Why not and a better trade chip? Umm, why not is that they have his rights for a while while he developers. Trade chip? That is not going to increase his worth. It just ties up a contract on their list of 50. Not s big deal, like some have said, puts s little money in his pocket.

Don't think it ties up a contract until he plays a pro game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->